Shaolan974

DEZERT new album, "TODAY" release

I don't know what everyone is talking about, I think this sounds great. Then again I am not an old-skool Dezert fan. I got their last album though and I liked that a lot. I guess I like the sound of this because I'm a sucker for the poppier stuff. I don't think it sounds bad at all, just very different.

lmao they're literally following same formula as majoring VK bands of 2005-2008 recording one final HeAvY song for an album drowning in stale filler and uninspired pig shit before their legacy stans drop supporting them and the casual listeners ignore the hell out of them because of weird past discography

I hope they got a few thousand new gya based off the cat PV they did some time ago, this shit won't sell at all

Edited by nekkichi

I'll keep being delusional and hope they are just 'trying this new thing' and realise this is shit soon and go back to 

Once a band majors, I rarely enjoy their sound. Time to add dezert to the list, though this album doesn't sound shit. But I'm not expecting anything mind blowing after it. 

God this is a disappointing album, I can tell. 

I can see the cycle repeating. Band gets big. Band makes an album that is poppy. Band doesn't sell well and disbands in 2 years. 

Happens every time

We don't need this album. They should have just nationwide re-issued おはよう with 蛙とバットと機関銃 as a b-side, and おやすみ c/w 沈黙 (or just put all four of them on one maxi-single). I have no interest in the other songs.

remember when 12012 did the exact same thing with that one album?

also, goddamn, those obligatory heavy tracks they put on to still somewhat reel the old fanbase back in sound like hot garbage production-wise lmao

Edited by Tokage

43 minutes ago, Tokage said:

remember when 12012 did the exact same thing with that one album?

you mean both of their major albums on universal

I wonder what's their next album is going to be called, I suggest "NOT TODAY".

Only now I realised they didn't include the sort of heavy title track from the previous single ( which I also hated. ) Shows they're def gunning for them charts with this one.

In another context I wouldn't mind tracks like 4, I mean DEZERT was always kind of diverse as long it sounded a little weird. Here it is surrounded by the sort of sarariman oricon rock shit, a bmth rip off and just really tired and flaccid punk rock vibes. 

Chiaki's dick doesn't taste the same here, proceeding to jump DEZERT's ship. I really liked that album about tables though, and even Hentai was better than this...whatever this is.

They shouldn't include old songs on this album, because they sound so weird while listening to that preview.
Like two different bands o.O I like album cover thought.
I couldn't believe it's chiaki's voice in some new songs, especially first one.

01.沈黙(DEZERT in heidi. vibe)
02.おはよう(DEZERT)
03.蝶々(J-pop DEZERT)
04.浴室と矛盾とハンマー(DEZERT meets人格ラヂオ)
05.蛙とバットと機関銃(DEZERT)
06.Hello(J-pop DEZERT)
07.insomnia(J-pop DEZERT)
08.オレンジの詩(J-pop DEZERT)
09.普通じゃないⅢ(DEZERT in マルコ shadow)
10.おやすみ(It's beautiful but not DEZERT)
11.TODAY(J-pop DEZERT)

Basically, it's a New Ballad / J-pop vibe version of DEZERT debut ...
I want their old craziness DEZERT. (Thank god there are a few heavy tracks おはよう, 蛙とバットと機関銃, 普通じゃないⅢ)