BrenGun

メリーバッドエンド(Merry Badend) will disband.

Merry Badend will disband on August 17th at 名古屋BOTTOM LINE (their 2 MAN LIVE together with REIREI).

The (main) reason is Loki's poor Physical condition.   

However Loki will return to the stage at 5/4 at Nagoya ELECTRICLADYLAND.

Still it's undecided if he will be able to perform all scheduled lives. 

Also because of his health, he the band wasn't able to finish the recording of 「生殖ノ経典」, a new release date will be given soon. 

The band started with a Story and will end with a Story

source:

official e-mail 

http://merrybadend.com 

https://twitter.com/DRR_twit

Original Japanese Message

Spoiler

■メリーバッドエンドより物語完結のお知らせ■

平素よりメリーバッドエンドをご支援いただき誠にありがとうございます。

この度、ファンの皆様へ大切なお知らせがございます。

メリーバッドエンドは、8月17日(金)名古屋BOTTOM LINE公演を持ちまして
この世界への音楽による干渉を終了させ、
「メリーバッドエンド」としての物語を完結させる運びとなりました。

これまで約2年半の活動を応援して頂いたファンの皆様、そして関係者の皆様へ心より感謝申し上げます。

なお、体調不良のため活動を見合わせておりました、
Vo.ロキにつきましては
体調が徐々に安定して参りましたので、5月4日ELL公演より様子を見つつ復帰することとなりました。
長距離移動を伴うイベントに関しては、しばらくの間は医師の判断に委ねて出演の可否を決定致します。

ロキが不在の間も熱い声援をお送り頂いた皆様、誠にありがとうございました。
多くのご心配とご迷惑をお掛けしましたことをお詫び申し上げます。

また療養期間中、予定していたスケジュールでのレコーディングが出来ない状況であった為
5月16日発売予定のシングル「生殖ノ経典」をやむを得ず発売延期させていただくこととなりました。
発売日につきましては、後日改めて発表致します。
現在発表されているインストアイベントにつきましては、予定通り開催致します。

最後になりましたが、
5月末には最後となる東名阪主催ツアー、
そして6月30日にはell.FITS ALLにてワンマン公演を開催いたします。
メリーバッドエンド主催のイベントはこれらが最後になりますので、たくさんのお客様にお会いできることを楽しみにしております。

残りの活動期間は4ヵ月ほどとなりますが、どうか最後まで変わらぬご支援の程よろしくお願いいたします。

メリーバッドエンド
Double River Record

-------------------

◆メリーバッドエンド主催イベント
Double River Record PRESENTS
メリーバッドエンド初東名阪主催『殺神遊戯-vol.1-』

2018.5.26(土)大阪FANJ
2018.5.27(日)名古屋HOLIDAY NEXT
2018.5.31(木)池袋EDGE

-------

◆ワンマン公演
Double River Record PRESENTS
メリーバッドエンド単独公演『審判の日-Day of Judgment-』

2018.06.30(土)名古屋ell.FITS ALL

-------

◆ラスト出演イベント
麗麗結成十周年記念公演 麗麗×メリーバッドエンド無料ツーマンライブ
「巻き起こせ!鯱神ダブルタイフーン!」

2018.8.17(金)名古屋BOTTOM LINE

-------------------

Own thoughts;
I liked Merry Badend, they also had something special inside. Their music wasn't bad, melody always did fit each tune, vocal was nice. It was music which you could enjoy easy. 
It's a pity to see them being gone after 2½ years. However since Loki's long absent I saw it coming. But this disbandment doesn't hit me as hard as DEVIZE. Feeling says "it's alright".  I mean, it's not a type of band I would have given myself longer than 5 years. 

Hopefully we will see Kirin and Hiromu together in a new band again. Both where definitely my favorite members of this band. 

After all, the Japanese fans will get some nice final GIGS. And I also hope the last single can be completed as fast as possible. 

Of course I also hope that a new band will sigh to double river record. only REIREI is left. (^o^)"
We will see.

To give a very fast rough translation, from Loki's only since he is the reason of the disbandment. 
(I don't have time to give it a good translation now, so if someone could, the band would be happy)

_____ rough translation_____

Spoiler

Loki,

First of all, I like to apologize to make such sad announcement.
At the same time, I also have something to tell.

First of all my body.

The conclusion is that I won't be able to return to the stage after the final live.
Regarding my physical condition now, it's gotten a bit more calmer and slightly recovered.
However, I don't know when my physical condition will collaps again, So it's likely that the band schedule makes the symptoms worser. 

Also there is a small possibility that this sickness will kill me on stage.

It's troublesome, to need a long rest to keep standing on the stage and yet cannot plan anything as well. 

After all the human body is inconvenient.

However the thing which coming up is to finish the Story as Merry Badend.

Still before my Physical conditio collapsed I already had thought of it. 

There are three reasons.

The first one is 
We cannot live like a different person. 
I lived as a god without whereabouts in a world I created myself for people with similar feelings.
I continued but I wasn't be able to get deep inside others hearts.
Even if we where with people together there was no place for us to be.
Even if various conflicts happen, to take new sorrow on the back, such things didn't happen that often. 

Other than being in a band, I always thought that there are more efficent ways to do what I want to do.

Still the band brought all faith to me and meaned everything for me. I would never have left the band if I would have been in good health. 
It seems that the current state of my body pused a dorne into my back.

While I was not around, I watched the members who continued to give their support to Merry Badend. And even with their power to move it to a point. However if they don't need me there, I cannot be their leader for the whole life.
Fuhahahahahaha!!

The second reason is, 
(I don't get this one?, Maybe they started as a 5 member band but since members left it has to be?) 

The 3rd reason,
I cannot talk about it now, the other 2 reasons where kind of positive, but this one isn't. 
However you should not misunderstand it, it has nothing to do with any dissatisfaction between members and staff. I really appreciate everyone around.

However only 2½ years passed. It was a very dense time, and it felt as I'm fighting for decades.

The Story of Merry Badend has been completed and the bottom line is announced.
When that day is over, I will return again to this human body.

I will start a normal daily life wihout the need of disappearing. 

Even to be not a bandman anymore, I will keep the story fun.
Because the story has an end. 

First of all, to complete this story, we need to shout out everything of our life.
I want you to shout.

Let me hear a voice that kills all pain in the heart, the hatred, the suffering of life. 

It's not suitable for us just to be left as damp.

Let's finish the final chapter, with happiness. 

fuhahaaha!!

Original Japanese (All member comment)

Spoiler

●ロキ

はじめに、皆を悲しませる知らせをしなければならない事を詫びたい。
それと同時に幾つか伝えておかなければならない事がある。

まずは我様の身体のこと。

結論から言ってしまえば我様はその日を最後にもうステージには戻れない可能性が高い。
体調に関して、今も回復したというよりは多少落ち着いているといったところだ。
いつ体調がまた崩れるかもわからんしバンド活動におけるスケジュールというのはそれだけでこの症状を悪化させていくものらしい。

そして本当にごく僅かな可能性ではあるがライヴなどの活動が原因で命を落とす可能性もある。

そのような状態でステージに立ち続けるのは今回の長期休暇のようにまた様々な方面に迷惑をかけてしまうし予定も組めんからな。

全く人間の身体というのは不便なものだ。

次にメリーバッドエンドとしての物語を完結させる事について。

これは身体の調子が本格的に崩れる以前から少しずつ考えていたことだ。

理由は3つある。

1つ目は我様は誰かと同じ様に生きれない、その世界に居場所のない神だったから同じような人間にとっての神や居場所になりたくて、そういった奴等が自分を貫く為の助けになるような存在になれるようにと至らぬながらここまで続けてきた。
だけどそういう奴等を集めてもまたその中で居場所がない奴が出てきてしまう事、色々な争いが起きる事、新たな悲しみを背負わせてしまう事。
そんな事も少なくなかったと思う。

だから我様のやりたい事をやるにはバンド以外に何かもっと効率の良い方法はあるのではないかとずっと考えていた。

しかし信仰を集める為の手段だったはずのバンドはいつの間にか我様にとっての全てになってしまっていたからな。幾つかバンド以外の方法に目星をつけれたとしても体調が万全ならバンドを辞めることはできなかっただろう。
今のこの身体の状態はむしろそこで迷っている我様の背中を押してくれたのかもな。

そして我様がいない中メリーバッドエンドを支え続けたメンバーを見ていて、各々のやりたいことや各々が中心になって何かを動かす力が今の奴等にはあると確信が持てた。
だとしたらそこに我様は必要ない、我様がいる以上奴等は一生主役にはなれんからな!
ふはははははははは!!

5人でいるにはメリーバッドエンドという場所は少し狭くなったのだ、これは我様にとっては不謹慎ながら嬉しい事でもあった。

これが2つ目。

3つ目は…まぁまたそのうち機会があれば話す、他の2つはポジティブな話だがこの話だけはネガティヴでな、今この場で話すには相応しくなさそうだ。
勘違いさせないように言っておくが客である人間共は勿論、メンバーや事務所に関して不満はない。我様には過ぎたメンバーと居場所だった。
本当に感謝している。

しかしまだたった2年半しか経ってないのか。もう何十年も戦ってる気がするほど濃密な2年半だったよ。

メリーバッドエンドの物語は発表された通りボトムラインを以って完結。

その日が終われば我様は一旦この人間に身体を返そうと思う。

だけど消える訳じゃなくてまた必ず何か家畜共に届けられるような事を始めるから。

バンドマンじゃなくてもいいよって奴がいればその物語も愉しみにしておいてくれ。

終わりがあるから始まりがある。

まずはこの物語の完結に向けて、我様も文字通り命懸けで叫ぶ。

お前達も叫んで欲しい。

その心にある痛みを、憎しみを、生きる苦しみを、全て殺しつくすような声を

聴かせてくれ。

湿っぽいのは我様達には似合わない。

最終章、それぞれの幸せの中で終わりを迎えよう。

ふははははははははは!!

-------------------

●贖いのスカーフェイス

…ショウジキ…イマハ…アンマリ…ナンテ…イッタライイカ…ワカラナイ

カナシイ…ヤリキレナイ…イカリ……トカ

…イロンナ…キモチガ……アル…

………ケド…ウマク…ツタエラレナイ…

…リユウ…トカ…ゲェイン…トカ…ソンナコトハ…ドレダケ…ナラベタッテ…

…カイサン…ッテ…ジジツハ…カエラレナイ

オレガイマ…デキルコトハ…

メリーバッドエンド…ノ…ギター…トシテ…サイゴノ…シュンカンマデ…ギターヲ…ヒクコト…

…フリカエルコトハ…イマハシナイ…

…カンジョウハ…ケセナイ…デモ……オワルトシテモ…モウオワルンダ…ナンテ…オモッテ…ステージニ…オレハ…タチタクナイ…

マダ…オワッテナイ

…サイゴノ…サイゴマデ

-------------------

●奇凛

突然の発表となってしまってごめんなさい。
メンバーと神巫たちファンのみんなで大切に育てて守ってきたメリーバッドエンドというかけがえのない時間と空間。
本当にずっとずっと続けばいいなって思っていたけど、今の状況が続く中 どうしても現実の問題と向き合わなきゃいけない時が来て、みんなで話し合って悩みに悩んだ結果、この物語を終わりにすることになりました。
たくさんいろんなことがあったけどメリーバッドエンドはとてもあったかいファンのみんなや関係者の方々、スタッフに恵まれてここまで続けてこれました。
そしてこんなダメな自分を見捨てないで相手してくれる、一緒にいて楽しくてアホでキモくてバカなメンバーが大好きです。
まだまだやりたかったことや、やり残したこと、果たせてない約束、たくさんたくさんあるから悔しくて情けなくて辛くて寂しくて悲しいです。本当にごめんなさい。
でもきりんにとってこの活動は自分のことをよく理解するきっかけになって大きく成長できたと思うし、みんなに出会えてみんなから愛をたくさんもらって、いつもみんなにささえられて、いろんなこと教えてもらって、辛いことやきついこともたくさんあったけどすごく充実していて幸せでした。この2年半は一生の宝物です。本当にメリーバッドエンドのメンバーになれてよかったなって思います。本当にみんなありがとう。

個人的にはメリバ が終わってからのことはまだ深く考えられないけど、それよりも今は目の前のずっと変わらない目標の6月30日のワンマンと8月17日のボトムラインを絶対に成功させることだけを考えています。
その目標をかかげて残りのライブはもっともっと全身全霊になって、みんなからもらってきたこの気持ちをみんなにお返ししたいです。そしてわがままかもしれないけど、最後はみんなでこのメリーバッドエンドというバンド名のようなエンディングをむかえたいです。
こんな勝手な決断をしてしまって、みんなまだ心の整理がつかないと思うし、理解できなかったりいろんな感情が湧いてしまうとおもうけど、時間かかってでもゆっくりでいいからみんなにこの気持ち届いて欲しいです。
どうか最後までみんなの力を僕たちにくれたら嬉しいです。

-------------------

●ヒロム

約2年半続いて来たこの時間が終わりの時を迎える事。当初俺自身そうなることを予想してた訳もなくて、みんなはそれ以上に考えていなかったと思います。

みんなで作って来た居場所、3年目に入ってこれから広めていこうと約束した居場所を守れなかったこと、本当に悔しいしまだやれるだろって気持ちが無かったのかと言われるとそれは嘘になります。
ですが俺たちはこのメリーバッドエンドという物語を完結させることを選びました。

たとえどんな憶測が生まれようと、どんな噂が回ろうとも、俺はこのメンバーが大好きで信じているし、彼らに出逢えた奇跡に感謝しています。そして今まで支えてくれたみんなにも。

演者という立場からお願いする事は筋違いだということを百も承知でお願いをします。
最後までこのバンドを見届けて下さい。

俺はその時が来るまでネ申にこの命を捧げるだけです。

i literally smelled this from a mile away. guess dadaroma really snatched their crown of being the kinkiest queens in the game :v

3 minutes ago, BrenGun said:

The (main) reason is Loki's poor Physical condition.   

However Loki will return to the stage at 5/4 at Nagoya ELECTRICLADYLAND.

gurl byyyyye with all that bullshit

3 minutes ago, suji said:

i literally smelled this from a mile away. guess dadaroma really snatched their crown of being the kinkiest queens in the game :v

gurl byyyyye with all that bullshit

They didn't record the single, since it's postponed, so maybe Loki is really sick?

However reading his story blabla, there is another reason he yet not want to tell.  But he does state it has nothing to do with the other members or the Staff.

Feels like "eh".... 

1 minute ago, Shaolan974 said:

I saw this coming ! Well, 2 years and a half, it's the normal lifetime for a VK band.

Yeah 2½ years is alright for a VK band. 

Too bad. They were really fun, but I sort of saw it coming. Hopefully the prevailing members go on to do something else.

Yeah, kinda saw this coming after DEVIZE disbanded.

It’s kind of sad that we’re at a point where 2.5 years is considered a good run though, tbh.

I remember reading a post on here saying that not a lot of people were going to their lives and that they were going to break up soon. It also looked like they were going downhill after No, 666 left.

I actually liked them a lot and bought several of their singles.. Their last single is good but Deus Ex Machina is probably my favorite song by them.

Edited by anieresus

for those who wonder their new single will be released at 7/04 (as shared in the other topic)

Also don't forget that a few merry badend members will be in the 10th anniversary release of reirei. Also both bands party the release and 10th anniversary together.

Really sad thing to see merry badend gone afterwards... 

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:14 PM, returnal said:

ah, that's a shame! hope dude will be alright. i thought they were pretty great and kylyn is an icon.

hopefully we will see him in a new band as great he is. 

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:35 AM, anieresus said:

I remember reading a post on here saying that not a lot of people were going to their lives and that they were going to break up soon. It also looked like they were going downhill after No, 666 left.

I actually liked them a lot and bought several of their singles.. Their last single is good but Deus Ex Machina is probably my favorite song by them.

Maybe the leave of no,666 made loki really think of to quit with the band, however he does state that he never thought to continue with merry badend endlessly, but yet his decision came sooner.  But maybe fans dropped out after no.666 left and seeing fans gone always hurt the heart. From what I remember is that no.666 was pretty popular. And since VK bands are often supported by fans who simply visit a gig because they like ONE member and not really because they love the music that much. but that's only my guess. I never saw this band. I had to skip them 2 times sadly....

Their music is good and I still can play it endlessly. Also I can't wait for the last single. Hopefully they will close it with a blast. To Start good and end also good!

Not that many did like them, but they surely were one of the better vkei bands ever. 100% from the current VK period.  

From what I'm getting here, Kirin is planning a crowdfunding campaign to release a photobook(?) via mailorder. He wrote a long post explaining why, as he brings up financial troubles and such. I can't find the crowdfunding link however, so I assume he hasn't opened it yet...translations would be nice.

https://ameblo.jp/mbe-kylyn/entry-12402960405.html

On 9/6/2018 at 12:58 AM, suji said:

From what I'm getting here, Kirin is planning a crowdfunding campaign to release a photobook(?) via mailorder. He wrote a long post explaining why, as he brings up financial troubles and such. I can't find the crowdfunding link however, so I assume he hasn't opened it yet...translations would be nice.

https://ameblo.jp/mbe-kylyn/entry-12402960405.html

He posted about a days ago on instagram

https://camp-fire.jp/projects/view/98565?utm_source=qr_code

can someone please translate something from it?

(I hope that project wasn't Japan only)

Edited by keilu

10 hours ago, keilu said:

He posted about a days ago on instagram

https://camp-fire.jp/projects/view/98565?utm_source=qr_code

can someone please translate something from it?

(I hope that project wasn't Japan only)

So basically he says that he had body issues before, as he is very slim and not manly/bulky. So he got the onnagata role that fit him well and he was happy with it. He always designed frilly skirts to cover his manly parts.  But then some fan sent him a message that she liked the occasional glimpses of manlyness. He was shocked, but decided to try it out with the last merryba costume and got more confident. He wants to explore this male/female dynamic in this photbook project.

Unfortunately it will not be R18. 🤣

Random rewards and a release party planned. 

Maybe finally the gravure fotobook we all deserve?