Alkaloid

己龍 (Kiryu) new maxi single "無垢 (Muku)" release

The PV track is aight, but at this point it’s always the same blastin’ riff to the same chinese restaurant OST instrumentals, with vocal melodies about as varied as the tones of gray on concrete slabs. A band of impeccable musicians throughout, reduced to treading waters that’ve other times slightly risen, other times slightly receded. As as mentioned by someone else in this thread before: they used to have riffs that one could discern, changes of mood and colour. 

7 hours ago, Disposable said:

The PV track is aight, but at this point it’s always the same blastin’ riff to the same chinese restaurant OST instrumentals, with vocal melodies about as varied as the tones of gray on concrete slabs. A band of impeccable musicians throughout, reduced to treading waters that’ve other times slightly risen, other times slightly receded. As as mentioned by someone else in this thread before: they used to have riffs that one could discern, changes of mood and colour. 

Same thinking here. My playlist of many bands reduces to their stand up titles... I say they "stand up" not only because they are great per se, but because the rest of their discography are just fillers, as somebody said above. Kiryu is one of those band. This is not to neglect on the fact that they have skilled musicians, great composers, cool concepts and pumping live performances... but also an entire discography of just the same 5-10 same  ideas combined differently. It happens the same to me with Nightmare: their "Historical Nightmare" best of is everything I need from them; there one or two tunes from the rest of their albums that are worthy, and then nothing else to care that much. Keep in mind that I continue to listen to these artists' whole discography as much as I can, trying to find in those so-called "fillers" something worthy and genuine about them... but nope. And time goes on, and ends up giving me the reason to my feelings (for example: bands like Naito getting disbanded, same with An Cafe; or bands like A9 facing difficulties with keeping their fanbase as it were when they sounded alright, and recurring to k-pop-like group-dancing performances trying to still appeal to them).
It's a very intriguing fact, if you ask me... why will they do that? Specially the bands with long discographies. Should we assume they do it just because they have runned out of ideas? 

Edited by saiko

20 minutes ago, saiko said:

Same thinking here. My playlist of many bands reduces to their stand up titles... I say they "stand up" not only because they are great per se, but because the rest of their discography are just fillers, as somebody said above. Kiryu is one of those band. This is not to neglect on the fact that they have skilled musicians, great composers, cool concepts and pumping live performances... but also an entire discography of just the same 5-10 same  ideas combined differently. It happens the same to me with Nightmare: their "Historical Nightmare" best of is everything I need from them; there one or two tunes from the rest of their albums that are worthy, and then nothing else to care that much. Keep in mind that I continue to listen to these artists' whole discography as much as I can, trying to find in those so-called "fillers" something worthy and genuine about them... but nope. And time goes on, and ends up giving me the reason to my feelings (for example: bands like Naito getting disbanded, same with An Cafe; or bands like A9 facing difficulties with keeping their fanbase as it were when they sounded alright, and recurring to k-pop-like group-dancing performances trying to still appeal to them).
It's a very intriguing fact, if you ask me... why will they do that? Specially the bands with long discographies. Should we assume they do it just because they have runned out of ideas? 

Maybe they don't have anothers choices to use leftovers or "the same sounds" coz of theirs crazy schedule, when you are a popular artist or a popular band you realase one album per years, you realase 3/4 maxi singles  with few months apart if the maxi single have multi types with differents tracklists  they will need to have 4/5 in stocks, even if they only do concert in Japan they can have a very long tour.

So how can you take yours times for have new ideas, try differents sounds if you always in the road or in rush, so I think sometimes is most easier for them to use the same formulas with lil modifications or use leftovers of previous albums.