Alkaloid

己龍 (Kiryu) new maxi single "無垢 (Muku)" release

your whining every time when they release something is getting boring

I don't see any change in their style through years, their music is still high quality

don't you really see how amazing are vocals in Muku? Mahiro is doing his best and he's doing well

What a improvement, finally!!

The way this single was mixed really pleases me.They don't need all those effects all over the place,just adding it here and there is enough,like ARCHEMI is used to do, letting the guitars and the drums be heard. 

On 6/29/2018 at 1:04 PM, Reikatsumi said:

I don't see any change in their style through years, their music is still high quality

don't you really see how amazing are vocals in Muku? Mahiro is doing his best and he's doing well

Exactly! He has a very colorful voice, and he show it here again. I think it's fancy to talk shit about kiryu, but why they u listen to them, if they don't like them? Btw I don't see too much difference between kiryu's and other vk band's music's variety. I mean they have a style, as others, and they are producing things between the style's borders, just like other bands. It's just so fckin cool to say bad thing about them, and it's really boring. There is a lot of band's who realize new thing's as often as kiryu. Actually I don't like this look, really bad, but don't really care. I love their music for almost 10 years, and I think it's better and better, with a high quality.

I liked the title song and 朔宵-再録-

The other song is meh

Kiryu still good in my eyes, just not consistent. but I don't think I like many artists I could call consistently good so no biggie :)

Edited by Chi

6 hours ago, leighla said:

Meh... Anyone got a track list? 

The b-side is called "叢雲" (そううん; Gathering of Clouds) and the regular version bonus track is a re-recording of 朔宵. Judging by the preview, I actually prefer 叢雲 to 無垢

It's on iTunes and mora and shit: http://mora.jp/package/43000033/A65780/?fmid=newRelease_all_0001

Wow, they re recorded Sakuyoi, really nostalgic

I think they should release their singles like this from now on,the title track, and only 1 new track and a re record as b side

11 hours ago, Danie_93 said:

Exactly! He has a very colorful voice, and he show it here again. I think it's fancy to talk shit about kiryu, but why they u listen to them, if they don't like them? Btw I don't see too much difference between kiryu's and other vk band's music's variety. I mean they have a style, as others, and they are producing things between the style's borders, just like other bands. It's just so fckin cool to say bad thing about them, and it's really boring. There is a lot of band's who realize new thing's as often as kiryu. Actually I don't like this look, really bad, but don't really care. I love their music for almost 10 years, and I think it's better and better, with a high quality.

On 6/29/2018 at 1:04 PM, Reikatsumi said:

I never said their music was inherently bad, far, far away from it (same with Mahiro's vocals), I've always quite enjoyed every release they have put out. But listen to Hyakki Yakou, for example, and tell me, if you can tell the songs apart. Their B-sides are growing more and more unimaginative, with a few exceptions of course, but with the amount of music they are putting out, it's not nearly enough, just filler. It just comes off as throwing shit at the wall, seeing what sticks...a problem all the BPR bands share, with a difference that others aren't bound by their traditional aesthetic, so their songs are given a bit more space to breathe. There is also the increasingly annoying usage of synths over the years, completely overshadowing the guitars. The songs stay the same, only the album cover changes. 

Considering the song, it's good, certainly an improvement over Harushigure and Jou no Ka and it has an actual solo, not the embarassing 6 second guitar wank that Irodori had.

ORICON major single chat

Top 10 11/07/18

Singles:

01 Kis-My-Ft2 (LOVE) - 115,208 + 25,237 = 140,445

02 Kiryu (Muku) - x + 3,052 = 3,052 + x

03 Poppin' Party (Double Rainbow / Saikou!) - x + 2,992 = 2,992 + x

04 Morning Musume. '18 (Are you Happy? / A gonna)

05 DISH// (Starting Over) - 35,939 + x = 35,939 + x

06 Yamashita Tatsuro (Mirai no Theme / Uta no Kisha)

07 Ishihara Kaori (Ray Rule)

08 MY FIRST STORY (ACCIDENT)

09 DAIGO (Manatsu no Zanzou / Konya, Nostalgia de)

10 SILENT SIREN (19 summer note.)

kiryu "muku" has been number 9 in the weekly ranking of oricon manjor singles. It is the first indie visual kei single of the year to get it.