SakuraFox512

Plastic Tree new single, "Inside Out" release

Plastic Tree are slated to do intro and outro themes for the new Playstation Vita game "Collar x Malice -Unlimited-, due out July 26, 2018.

Opening theme: Inside-Out (インサイドアウト)
Lyricist: Ryutaro Arimura
Composer: Tadashi Hasegawa
Arrangers: Plastic Tree

Ending theme: Tomoshibi (灯火)
Lyricist and Composer: Tadashi Hasegawa
Arrangers: Plastic Tree

(Source: http://www.jrock.jp/various/news/2018/04/20/3962/)

Further details to be added as they're announced

Plastic Tree's next single, "Inside-Out" has been decided on -- due for release on July 25, 2018 (one day before the game).

It will be available in 4 types: A, B, Standard, and a Collar x Malice edition

Tracklist (same for all editions):
01.) Inside-Out
02.) Tomoshibi
03.) Inside-Out (Instrumental)
04.) Tomoshibi (Instrumental)

Exclusive to Type-A:

• "Inside-Out" Music Video DVD

Exclusive to Type-B:

• Photo booklet

Exclusive to Collar x Malice edition

• Game-styled jacket art

More info still to come!

On 4/23/2018 at 6:45 PM, TheZigzagoon said:

I didn't even know people still played the PS Vita! The Nintendo 3DS and Switch kinda blew it out of the water.

I guess Japan still loves it

Why won't these dudes call it quits? They're seriously creatively spent --- have y'all HEARD doorAdore? Ryutarou just sounds done. The song writing is boring. Didn't we read recently that they were heading into their "last phase"?

When Buchi quit I was upset, but then I heard Thirteenth Friday or whatever it was straight up shoegaze and I was excited. That was the last Plastic Tree song I liked. 

1 hour ago, Saishu said:

When Buchi quit I was upset, but then I heard Thirteenth Friday or whatever it was straight up shoegaze and I was excited. That was the last Plastic Tree song I liked. 

That was 8 years ago.

6 hours ago, EzraEroguro said:

Why won't these dudes call it quits? They're seriously creatively spent --- have y'all HEARD doorAdore? Ryutarou just sounds done. The song writing is boring. Didn't we read recently that they were heading into their "last phase"?

IMO, most of the new songs on doorAdore weren't too bad in terms of songwriting (at least, "Search and Destroy" and "Irotsuki", for example, aren't all that close to other things they've written, off the top of my head ). As far as this goes, I'd agree that there's a lack of creativity -- "Inside-Out" is undeniably generic-sounding, but it's also a game piece, and most band songs that get used in games/anime wind up with a pretty typical sort of 'sound' to them that makes it easy to tell that they're anison, more or less.

As for the "last phase" part of things...yeah, that's right. In an interview for doorAdore a couple of months ago, it was mentioned they were heading to their 'final phase'. They haven't dropped any date for disbanding or formally announced anything yet, but in general, it's kind kind of been a little while coming, given that Ryutaro's been hinting at bowing out of at least being a vocalist ever since his solo career, because of the condition of his voice. (and, increasingly, it seems like the reason he even started with a solo project in the first place was to get the songs he didn't find suitable for Pura out in the open before he felt he wouldn't be able to do them, but I digress).

All that said, Ryu seems pretty set on trying to go for as long as he still has things he wants to do and doesn't find them too frustrating to do. But personally, I don't really see them lasting beyond their 25th major-label anniversary at the latest (so maybe 2022 or so, assuming Ryu's voice doesn't give out before then or if he's satisfied before then).

Edited by SakuraFox512

In all honesty though? I feel like these dudes would be more than capable of continuing as a reasonably solid fully instrumental act.. I just kind of feel they probably wouldn't get major-label support for it, and (probably) the average VK fan wouldn't really be able to stomach it either due to the lack of a frontman

^i would really like to see that happening rather than a disbandment. anten and 96 kobushi... are some really good post-rock tracks.

i believe there's still much they can explore with that direction and we'll likely get to hear more shoegazy stuff mixed with the post-rock.

i didn't think dooradore was that bad tho and there were a few tracks that i liked. it's just their singles that i usually never care for. especially if it's for a ps vita game, again?

Edited by plastic_rainbow

That opening track on the most recent album was actually really good, but so many of the other songs after that seem to be following these kind of typical 'neo-PTisms' that I'm honestly a little bit tired of by now.. I agree though, those two post-rock experiments were pretty good, and an indication of where they COULD go if they werent so... hesitant to go out of the comfort zone i guess?

but tbh if they weren't hesistant to go into the post rock zone, i dont think ryuutaro would have needed to go solo. I wonder who's with the post-rock/shoegaze and whos not

On 5/11/2018 at 10:05 AM, emmny said:

but tbh if they weren't hesistant to go into the post rock zone, i dont think ryuutaro would have needed to go solo. I wonder who's with the post-rock/shoegaze and whos not

I've wondered this myself. The few shoegaze bits they've done have had everyone craving more, so I assume they'd pick up on it and try more. It's tough to say who since so many of them compose tracks.

I thought the new song "Inside out" song was very nice, it kind of reminded me of some of their older songs such as Namida Drop sorta style, easy to listen soft rock, very fitting for the game aesthetics, so i'm pleased with it, not super impressed, but it's a very catchy and nice feeling sound imo. I will buy it if it comes out in itunes. Ryutaro's voice sounds okay in studio recordings at least. ^^

DfkHBlxU8AAi_sJ.jpg

The name of the single is 「インサイドアウト」(Inside out)

Limited edition A : 1944 yen

CD :

1.インサイドアウト(inside out)

2.灯火(Tôka)

3.インサイドアウト(inside out) (Instrumental)

4.灯火(Tôka) (Instrumental)

DVD :

1.インサイドアウト(inside out)

insideout_syokaiA-thumb-240xauto-79351.j

Limited edition B : 1944 yen + booklet 

CD :

1.インサイドアウト(inside out)

2.灯火(Tôka)

insideout_syokaiB-thumb-240xauto-79353.j

Regular edition : 1200 yen + taxes

CD :

1.インサイドアウト(inside out)

2.灯火(Tôka)

insideout_tsujo-thumb-240xauto-79357.jpg

Collar×Malice edition : 1200 yen + taxes

CD :

1.インサイドアウト(inside out)

2.灯火(Tôka)

insideout_collarmaliceban-thumb-240xauto

Edited by The Piass

I like it. I remember feeling the same about Doukou and Mirai Iro when they came out—Nothing special, generic, etc., but they ended up becoming some of my favorite songs. This one feels more like Namida Drop though.

I like it too. it's nothing special indeed, but it sounds better than 70% of what was in their latest album.

[offtopic]

Plastic Tree's looks for their 14-album request live:

第一幕【Plastic】things/1997–2006

DhjRVaJVAAE8roT.jpg

第二幕【Tree】songs/2007–2018

DhjRVaJU8AAc5fN.jpg