SakuraFox512

Belated introductions

Hello everybody,

Been lurking this place for a couple years before I finally decided to make an account, and I've already made a couple posts here, but realized I never made an introduction post, probably because I'm bad at them.

But moving past that...I'm 22 years old and been listening to jpop and rock since late grade school (visual kei since early middle school, I would guess). Most of my preferred bands hail from the 80s and 90s (Kuroyume, BUCK-TICK, D'ERLANGER, Plastic Tree, PIERROT, Janne Da Arc...), but I'm not averse to musicians after the turn of the millennia, either (The GazettE, MERRY, and, recently, AIOLIN, are a few I like).

I listen to music pretty much 24/7, and also like reading and (trying to) make games. I want to be a musician someday, so I'm interested in writing lyrics and composing (<-- also a 'trying to').

I have some anxiety troubles, so if I get slow on my responses while I'm here, please don't take it personally.  ._.

5 hours ago, SakuraFox512 said:

Most of my preferred bands hail from the 80s and 90s (Kuroyume, BUCK-TICK, D'ERLANGER, Plastic Tree, PIERROT, Janne Da Arc...)

Mmm hmm, we are gonna get along just fine hehe.

Welcome to the forum!

It's great to hear that you've come out of lurking. Fans of the scene are always welcome, especially 90's Visual Kei Oficionados such as ourselves (we're starting to thrive again it seems lol). I can't wait to hear all the kinds of wisdom/knowledge you have to offer here on MH.

Oh and also,  it's never too late to say hi.

Just message any of the Admins/Mods on the website (Red/Blue) when you have any questions.

Talk to you soon!

On 17/04/2018 at 9:34 PM, SakuraFox512 said:

[...] Most of my preferred bands hail from the 80s and 90s (Kuroyume, BUCK-TICK, D'ERLANGER, Plastic Tree, PIERROT, Janne Da Arc...), [...]

You seem to have excellent taste. I'm glad to see more fans of the "golden era" (teehee) pop put of the woodworks! Hope you enjoy your stay!

10 hours ago, Laurence02 said:

You seem to have excellent taste. I'm glad to see more fans of the "golden era" (teehee) pop put of the woodworks! Hope you enjoy your stay!

Thanks! Been enjoying it here so far. I take it your tastes are similar, but who are some of your favs, if you don't mind me asking?

(I dig your avatar, by the way)

2 hours ago, SakuraFox512 said:

Thanks! Been enjoying it here so far. I take it your tastes are similar, but who are some of your favs, if you don't mind me asking?

(I dig your avatar, by the way)

Thanks man! Well, I really do like X (indies era best era!), Buck-Tick (darker than darkness is so good!), and Dead End, among the major bands.

I also find myself listening to more obscure 90s bands like Kuroageha, Gigaslave, and Red Tail Cat too. Because I am a metal fan, the bands I listen to typically are more on the metal side of things, but I don't discriminate..!