Sign in to follow this  
Wicked Teletubby

DIR EN GREY - TOUR18 真世界

almost forgot. good to be back though.

so the tour has just kicked off and first setlist is already up.

also, two more shows have just been added to the schedule:

2018.04.16 (神奈川県) CLUB CITTA’ -「a knot」only-
2018.04.18 (東京都) 新木場STUDIO COAST
2018.04.19 (東京都) 新木場STUDIO COAST
2018.04.25 (大阪府) なんばHatch
2018.04.26 (大阪府) なんばHatch
2018.04.28 (宮城県) 仙台銀行ホール イズミティ21
2018.05.01 (愛知県) Zepp Nagoya

2018.06.29 (東京都) 新木場STUDIO COAST -「a knot」only- (Additional Show)
2018.06.30 (東京都) 新木場STUDIO COAST (Additional Show)

2018.04.16 (神奈川県) CLUB CITTA’ -「a knot」only-

01. Intro
02. 人間を被る / Ningen Wo Kaburu
03. DIFFERENT SENSE
04. てふてふ / Tefu Tefu
05. 禍夜想 / Magayasou
06. 鴉 / Karasu
07. 腐海 (2018 Ver.) / Fukai
08. Midwife
09. VINUSHKA
10. *New Song
11. *New Song (the one played during Mode Of Kisou tour)
12. DISABLED COMPLEXES
13. Sustain The Untruth
14. Beautiful Dirt
    Encore
15. LOTUS
16. 霧と繭 (2012 Ver.) / Kiri To Mayu
17. 詩踏み / Utafumi
18. REPETITION OF HATRED
19. THE IIID EMPIRE

Edited by Wicked Teletubby

credits to kyotaku, as usual

2018.04.18 Shinkiba Studio Coast setlist

00 video intro
01 人間を被る / Ningen o kaburu
02 DIFFERENT SENSE
03 LOTUS
04 禍夜想 / Magayasou
05 鴉 / Karasu
06 腐海 / Fukai
07 Midwife
08 new song / Ranunculus
09 Sustain the Untruth
10 てふてふ / Tefutefu
11 VINUSHKA
12 DISABLED COMPLEXES
13 Beautiful Dirt

ENCORE:
en14 new song / Punk is not dead
en15 霧と繭 / Kiri to mayu
en16 詩踏み / Utafumi
en17 REPETITION OF HATRED
en18 THE IIID EMPIRE

Shinya's soundcheck:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/435878454836199466/436168014040137738/video.mov

http://theghostinmyroom.tumblr.com/post/173058588909/dir-en-grey-tour18-真世界-club-citta-川崎-a-knot

live report (warning: loooong)

Spoiler

DIR EN GREY TOUR18
真世界
CLUB CITTA 川崎 - a knot- only

4.16.2018 (Monday)

If I could sum up the first live of Shinsekai in one sentence, I’d say: “The thirst was real.”

I couldn’t believe we lasted half a year without seeing Dir en grey live. Damn, I missed them so much.

While a sold out Shinkiba Studio Coast show is happening right now, let me share memories of the Club Citta show.

I got a couple of tickets to Kawasaki live so I went with my bb, @yourfantasyparade. Our numbers are in the 800 series.

I can’t remember the songs played before the live started but there was definitely Bjork.

As always, in every concert, there will be a big push minutes before the start of the live and one more during lights out. In the first push, I thought I would sprain my ankle as I was talking animatedly to bb when all of a sudden we were pushed. Good thing I managed to hold her hand and pulled her with me amidst the commotion.  We were, as usual, in the shimote area and the fans there were all taller than us and it was really difficult to see anything.  

When the lights dimmed, the crowd went “wooooohhhhhhhh!” and the opening sequence played on the screen. What i remembered are the sentences “Why am I living?”, “It’s good to know what love is.” and the words “Visual”, “Brainstorm” and there were others but I couldn’t remember. 

Shinya came out wearing white. That’s what I remember. I only saw Die and his majestic flowing hair but I didn’t see what he was wearing. Toshiya came out wearing the same outfit from the latest photo shoot but his hair is not the same as in the photoshoot. More of like DSS period but longer (i mean, the length of his hair). Kaoru and Toshiya have the same hair length. As soon as I saw Kaoru I started screaming “RED! RED! RED HEAD!” because at first I really thought his hair was red. Lol. Kyo came in and it was definitely green and he was wearing a jacket and I remember a shirt with 3 diagonal lines. There were english words on top of the lines. I remember reading them but I couldn’t, for the life of me, remember now. DAMN.

The first song was Ningen wo kaburu as I have anticipated. Being the first live in the “true world”, it is only apt to start it with a strong song. It started with Kaoru’s lead guitars (I was thinking Rinkaku-like) and then coupled with Shinya’s drumming for a bit and then we started with the slow headbanging and when Kyo started the singing we just continued to just follow through with fist pumps. Toshiya did a lot of back up in the song and it was really sexy. The backups are definitely something aimed for the fans to sing along with once we get the hang of it. The 1st half of the song wasn’t fast (in my memory), it was melodious, too. The 2nd half or maybe the middle is fast and heavy (I remembered Different Sense in a way). I really like the chorus of the song and Toshiya’s basslines argh so sexaayy! And the way Toshiya growled at the end of the song, oh man, I squealed. *flails* And followed by Kaoru’s lingering guitar lines aaaahhhh the song is love.

The overall feel of Ningen wo Kaburu for me is like Un Deux meets Different Sense. But that’s just me. 

Then I noticed that Kaoru actually has half black (right), half purple hair (left). Colors parted half in the middle. I saw he was wearing a black cape over coat with white collared (possibly) polo. There were rope-like chains further to the right of his chest and when I looked at his pants, I thought he was wearing tights (but it seemed he doesn’t i don’t know!) with leopard print on the left leg.

There was just a few seconds break and they played Different Sense. It suited so much after Ningen wo Kaburu finished. There was no rest for our resident “growler” Toshiya hihi… He looked soooo serious but still so cute while he growled. I remember he was smiling during “Live through this world” while cupping his ears because at first he did the back up but when he heard all of us singing along, he stopped. Isn’t he just adorable? Then Kyo also allowed us to sing along with him and along Toshiya’s back up. So it felt soooo good. So freaking good. I feel the goosebumps just thinking of it.

Tefutefu was next and man… I’m so done. I love this song so much and so I knew Kyo made a mistake with the lyrics. Lol. I was singing along and he sang namida de obore nemurou during the 1st verse.

Magayasou was next and I think they used the same video background as before (meaning, from the mode ofs). There was literally no break between Magayasou and the next song, Karasu. The lights were focused on Kaoru as expected and it was so wonderful how he played his guitar like playing the piano. The chorus was so amazing and when Toshiya used the mic stand to assault his bass guitar - truly goosebumps-inducing!

And then one of the most amazing things happened that night, when Fukai was played. Everyone went “WOOOOOOO!” Haha! Toshiya’s bass lines are so crisp in the new version it makes me cry. The song is so wonderful! I can listen to Toshiya’s bass for days - even just his bass lines alone. And surely Kyo changed the lyrics once again and he also sang some of the lines on a higher octave. That man is a beast! 

Midwife was next. As usual no breaks. I think this is where I really started hurting my neck because I couldn’t stop myself from headbanging. Haha! While I’m writing this my neck is still very much sore. I remember Kyo urging us to sing “Kasanatte” loudly.

There was a break here and I believe it was this time when I noticed that Kaoru was having difficulties with his hand. He was in his obscured area by the side of the stage. While majority was screaming Toshiya in the shimote as Kaoru was kinda hidden from view, I saw him picking and placing something on his fingers or on his pick and then he tried playing and then it didn’t work and he was looking upset and then he took another and then tried again. He continued to flex his hands so I can only guess he was having difficulties with his hand? I cannot be sure at all. It could just be me overthinking things. :(

The next amazing thing happened and that was Vinushka. I say it’s amazing because the crowd goes in a frenzy of “woooohh!!!” in some of the songs. Vinushka, was the longest woooooh of them all. And why not? I didn’t expect them to play it anyway. But well, I guess Dir is updated with what’s happening in the world. They have a new video for Vinushka on the screen but still with the war concept. There was a line “Stop bombing nations” or country? I can’t remember but I was eerily reminded of the Syrian situation which was on the news the past days in Japan as well. 

The next song was another new song - the punk song. Punk because there’s a lot of punk visuals in it. I don’t think it was among the songs played in the previous mode of so this is the 4th new song, by my count (the other 3 - Ningen wo kaburu, another fast song from mode of DSS, Ranunculus - from mode of Kisou). It started with guitar riffs between Die and Kaoru. In a way, I got reminded of their D’erlanger cover in all honesty. The pre-chorus is filled with Toshiya’s growls but overpowered by Kyo and Shinya combi and the chorus is super melodious I loved it! The bridge part is also so melodious like it’s so easy to sing along. The ending is reminiscent of Utafumi with how Kyo ends the song.

And while we were doing the usual name callings, there was a tune being played in piano and I knew it was the Ranunculus song. During the mode of Kisou, they played this song and some fans even managed to assume the lyrics and posted in Twitter. Back then, after the piano intro, the whole band comes in playing before Kyo sings the first line. This time, after the piano version, Kyo sings right away. The lyrics were flashed on the screen and from memory, some of the lyrics were changed since that time. Geez, that was November 2016 if I’m not mistaken? I remember the song reminded me of Kasumi/Rinkaku before. The feeling didn’t really change at all. I’m still reminded of Kasumi and Rinkaku. And yes, it truly is Ranunculus that Kyo was singing. I would say Kyo struggled a bit in singing the song but we all know Kyo just needed to warm up. I’m sure Shinkiba it would be more polished. I was also quite wondering why Toshiya changed some of the bass lines in a part of the song and it kinda felt off to me. I was gonna say he made a mistake but he probably just changed his lines. Or I could have remembered it wrong.  Referring to the meaning of the song, I can’t say at this point. I need to see/hear the lyrics again.

They didn’t pause and went straight to Sustain the untruth like it was just one song. As normal, Kyo went from middle to right to left side of the stage. Toshiya went to the middle and Kaoru went to the left side. I think? Haha. Kaoru went to our side and was looking at everyone, nudging his head as if to say, “Move!”. He then looked towards the back and did the same thing while he played. He’s so adorable.

Next was Disabled Complexes. I was really surprised they played it. But it was really, really nice. :) Kyo definitely sang japanese lyrics in the beginning. Or was it almost all? Geez, I can’t truly remember but because I tried to sing along with him and since we’re not matching I concluded that he sang different lyrics to some parts hahaha, I’m so sorry. “PSYCHO KILLER” was shown on the screen and Kyo asked us to jump if i’m not mistaken.

Beautiful Dirt was next and for me it just went by in a flash. I remember holding on to the person in front of me and headbanging heavily. Also remember Toshiya so near us. 

And then it was the end. I cannot believe it just ended like that. We started calling for encore then and I realized I was pushed once again from Kaoru to Toshiya’s side. Kaoru fans are so rabid and demanding. Haha! I managed to reconcile with bb because somewhere along the way we just lost each other in the chaos of the live’s mainset. 

Encore:

Shinya came out followed by Die and from what I remember they were wearing the same type of long sleeved top. I only saw them once during the encore. It was so sad. Huhu. Toshiya came out wearing a black sleveless polo. Kaoru came out wearing his Hanshin Tigers X Dir en grey happi coat. He is soooo cute! Kyo came out wearing the Shinsekai merch shirt and purple pants!!! 

First song was Lotus and Kyo had a hard time singing here. There were parts wherein he couldn’t sing anymore. He may have been tired really. Towards the end he seemed like he was gonna tear up and it was heart wrenching. I thought he would have a hard time singing till the end but hellooo voila! Kiri to mayu was next! Ah this song is truly magnificent. I loved their performance and Kyo didn’t disappoint (when did he ever anyway?). If there was a song I would say my favorite was tonight? It was Kiri to mayu. I headbanged so hard to it. I hope they play it again in the next lives that I will be watching. (How awesome it would have been if they played Sangeki no yoru though. Haha, but that one definitely doesn’t fit, so no.)

Utafumi was next. I think we sang a lot here and I remember shouting “Kakatte koi!!!” with Kyo. It seriously became a part of the song already. 

Normally Kyo would be urging us to scream and if we can still go on but I couldn’t remember him doing that in Citta. We went straight to Repetition of hatred. Kyo doesn’t sing the “is this really where i belong” part anymore. I just remembered headbanging lots. I couldn’t see anyone anyway so might as well just enjoy the music. Meh.

Last song. I saw Toshiya smiling so triumphantly at the back and while looking at us, he raised his pointy finger to say “hey guys, last one!”. So cute, so perfectly adorable that man! And then Kyo went through his normal adlibs and it was such a shame the live had to come to an end.

Obviously it would be The IIID empire as last song and yessss! I didn’tcare if i stepped on anyone but I continuously jumped during the song while headbanging. It was so good! And while jumping I could see the members too so it was well and good. We sang along so much, jumped so much, it was just such an amazing song during lives. Studio version doesn’t do any justice lol. And of course, Toshiya had to show off his new bass lines and we were clapping to his beat until the guitars overpowered him. I have to say as well that Shinya, throughout the times I saw him, was on fire. He was not only drumming, but also headbanging every time I see him. He’s so amazing.

I can’t remember anything much after the encore. How and when they left. What i remember is Kyo left first. Kaoru left as well and then came back. He’s a funny one. While we were shouting his name, he just left. What the hell. HAHAHA! Toshiya showered us with water. Toshiya smiled SOOOOO much. He aimed picks at some fans on his side. I didn’t see him throw his Corona bottle. Kaoru came back and showered us with water. He once again showered particular people in the front while he smirked like a bully. Shinya came and showered us with water as well. Die came very quickly and threw picks but no water. Lucky me got showered by those 3 yeyyyy!

Toshiya spent so much time in front of us. He looked very, very happy. Kaoru continued to throw picks at us and after that, before he left, he waved his hand to us “BAIBAI!”. He’s the cutest.

I was excited to go out of the venue because of the flyers. I was very much convinced that there would be news about the remaining mode of DVD/BR and true enough! So we have to look forward to mode of MACABRE and mode of withering to death. in June (please make your reservations in May through GBS!) and that completes the mode of series. They will be releasing a special 3D box where you can put all the previous mode of. The complete 3D box contains a special box for the Gauze one so it can complete the circle as the original Gauze packaging won’t fit the rest of the modes. The Gauze disc itself is not included in the complete box, so if you don’t have it, buy it. So prepare money for 3D box, mode of macabre and then mode of wither. 

And then the additional lives happening on June 29-30 in Shinkiba Studio Coast. June 29 is for -a knot- only and they have already released the lottery site for it. Send in your entry if you’re planning to go! The one for June 30 is a separate one because you need your Ningen wo kaburu CD where they include a flyer with serial number. It’s also a lottery from what I remember so just apply for it during the entry period.

Then the other news include:

- Mobile battery chargers wth guitar designs each from Kaoru, Toshiya and Die. Kaoru already has 2 so this is his 3rd (oh man! i have so many power banks already!). It will be released in June for ordering, if I remember it right but delivery in July or August (sorry, can’t remember but i can check if need be).

- DIRT online shop will reopen to showcase the items from the limited pop up store. So since they didn’t sell out in the store, might as well offer to those who can only buy online!

- The The Day featured a hidden message (thanks to Kumrau!!!) that there will be Dokugen 2 sometime soon. Lida-sama is truly soooo busy!

- Memoca Pia for the current tour

I don’t know how I survive every live, I promise. It’s like every time they finish a live, a part of me gets taken by them. But in a way, they give me reason to go on and survive because I want to see them again. It is truly an honor to watch them live. Thank you, DIR EN GREY. So this is the TRUE WORLD. Let me live in it forever please…?

Edited by Seelentau

from kyotaku:

DIR EN GREY twitter 2018.04.19

新木場2日目!

今日は晴れて暖かいですね。TOUR18 真世界も3本目!

バックステージの様子も初日の久しぶりな感覚から徐々にTOURモードになってきました。昨年4本のTOURを行っていたのに、やはり感覚は抜けていくものですね。まだ続く真世界。今後このTOURがどの様に変化していくのか楽しみです!高林

The second day at Shinkiba!

Today we have nice weather and it’s nice. It’s already the 3rd show of TOUR18 Shinsekai!

The atmosphere backstage also became tour mode from the day one. Even so we had 4 tours last year, that feeling leaves you. Shinsekai continues. I’m looking forward to how will this tour develop! Takabayashi

==============================================

2018.04.19 Shinkiba Studio Coast

00 video intro (ver.2 - guy with the shovel)
01 人間を被る / Ningen wo Kaburu
02 Disabled Complexes
03 Repetition of Hatred

04 てふてふ / Tefutefu
05 LOTUS
06 禍夜想 / Magayasou
07 Midwife

08 Behind a vacant image
09 DIABOLOS (demo ver. (short))

10 new song / Ranunculus
11 腐海 / Fukai
12 THE IIID EMPIRE
13 激しさと、この胸の中で絡み付いた灼熱の闇 / Hageshisa

ENCORE:
en14 鴉 / Karasu
en15 鱗 / Uroko
en16 霧と繭 / Kiri to Mayu
en17 Beautiful Dirt
en18 詩踏み / Utafumi

I really loved the energy today and had such a great time!! There was less ‘I’ll shove you out of my way to the front’ and 'more let’s enjoy this together’, at least around me, but I was standing at exactly the same area as yesterday 😁

Kyo wore a huge shirt with 'wave’ print, Adidas tracksuit pants tucked in white Balenciaga socks amd trainers. His hair was not styled today, but it’s still mint green. He wore stronger make up than yesterday - dark eyeshadow that made his white lenses stand out more.

Did Shinya wear his custom made white Madaraningen dress??? Die’s hair was sleek on one side. Toshiya wore the artist photo outfit again. Kaoru’s hair was fluffier?

Usually there’s a some very quiet background sound for longer breaks between songs, but this time after DIABOLOS the track was louder?

Favourite moment - Kyo shouting 'kakattekoi!!!!!’ without the microphone before Utafumi.

After encore Kyo went back to the drum stand and he came back to the edge of the scene wearing the hood towel. After splashing fans with water and throwing the bottle (s?) to fans he wiped his face in the towel and threw it to fans :) Then he did the 'horn’ pointing (but he points with index and tiny finger and moves them like they’re rabbit ears 😁) he waved us goodbye.

Other members were throwing stuff as usual but because of the chaos that happened under the stage with the towel I didn’t see much after Kyo left 😂

==============================================

by kyotaku:

2018.04.25 Namba Hatch

00 video intro (guy dragging a shovel / murder story)
02 Beautiful Dirt
03 REPETITION OF HATRED
04 LOTUS
05 てふてふ / Tefutefu
06 禍夜想 / Magayasou
07 Midwife
08 鴉 / Karasu
09 DIABOLOS ( demo ver.)
10 mew song / Ranunculus
11 腐海 / Fukai
12 DISABLED COMPLEXES
13 THE IIID EMPIRE
14 激しさと、この胸の中で絡み付いた灼熱の闇 / Hageshisa

ENCORE
en15 Behind the vacant image
en16 new song / Punk is not dead
en17 鱗 / Uroko
en18 霧と繭 / Kiri to mayu
en19 詩踏み / Utafumi

Edited by Seelentau

from kyotaku:

00 intro video (space, planets)
02 DIFFERENT SENSE
03 LOTUS
04 滴る朦朧 / Shitataru mourou
05 禍夜想 / Magayasou
06 腐海 / Fukai (VoS ver.)
07 Midwife
08 鴉 / Karasu
09 new song / ‘Ranunculus’
10 てふてふ / Tefutefu
11 VINUSHKA
12 DISABLED COMPLEXES
13 Beautiful Dirt (VoS ver.)

ENCORE
en14 new song / ‘Punk is not dead’
en15 Sustain the Untruth
en16 霧と繭 / Kiri to mayu
en17 詩踏み / Utafumi
en18 THE IIID EMPIRE (VoS ver.)

Report:

Spoiler

Be warned this will be very Kyo-centric as I got quite close in the middle, 8~6~8th row 😝 it was close enough I could see Kyo’s stand during the performance and it was incredible especially during Ningen wo Kaburu - with the lyrics in the front (BLESSING __ LOSE HEART).

Kyo came on stage wearing a MA-1 jacket, big SHOWBOAT logo t-shirt over an oversized white shirt, skinny damaged black pants and his black creepers (and white socks). From accessories he had a belt that was the same style as Madaraningen one, but the logo started with 'THEO~’, he had his Madaraningen necklace and ring set, 666 ring and a earring. He had a green eyeshadow and red smudged lips. His hair was not styled. The logos of the t-shirt and belt were glowing in the black light (not as much as his clothes yesterday, but I can see he enjoys playing with it), the hands in his stand were also glowing.

For encore he wore almost plain light blue tshirt with rolled short sleeves, some print on the left sleeve and a small white star in the front. He kept the bottoms same as for the main set. No make up.

I feel this usually happens during dir tours - they get more and more into it and Kyo’s performance is getting better each time. Some songs and moments were burnt inside my head like the whole audio-visual aspect of Fukai (loved the red light circle), Kyo who came to the front of his stand again and again to be closer to fans and have us sing, the crowd around me moving as a one being with Kyo during Vinushka, Kyo jumping from the stand after Beautiful Dirt. And I love how responsive crowd got with Ningen wo Kaburu although we’re still trying out which parts should we take for ourselves to sing ;)

There was one more scene that was important, even as I can’t remember if it was after Ranunculus or after VINUSHKA, but Kyo stood behind his stand and slowly he placed his left hand, the one with the 'eye ring’ in front of his face (same as in a photo with Joe Yokomizo), so the ring became a third eye in a way. It was so brief and quiet, but very impactful.

Encore was so packed with energy! I got to see more of Kaoru and Die as they moved quite a lot.

I had to catch the last train but was so happy that I could see the show till the end and see Kyo saying his goodbyes to the fans before I had to (very literally) run. The energy just from seeing his 'rabbit / kitsune ears’ carried me from the venue to Midosuji line platform in 4 minutes (and I picked my bag from the locker on the way) 😂

Edited by Seelentau

I can’t handle anymore Shinya selfies.

I’m serious. 

Funny how it notes they played the Vestige of Scratches version of Beautiful Dirt. They barely changed it. 

I think VoS is the only Dir en grey album i have in my library, aside from Vulgar. 

Definitely says a lot about how i feel about this band lately.
Great setlists, as usual; but like someone said, this is probably their swan song era -- who cares if we get an ARCHE II. 

54 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Funny how it notes they played the Vestige of Scratches version of Beautiful Dirt. They barely changed it. 

The note is mine, I found it appropriate. I'll add kyotaku's setlist and report now. :)

by kyotaku

DIR EN GREY - Sendai Ginko Hall Izumity21

00 video intro (planets, space, crown of thorns)
02 DIFFERENT SENSE
03 LOTUS

04 禍夜想 / Magayasou
05 腐海 / Fukai (VoS ver.)
06 鱗 / Uroko
07 Midwife

08 鴉 / Karasu
09 new song / Ranunculus
10 てふてふ / Tefutefu

11 VINUSHKA
12 DISABLED COMPLEXES
13 Beautiful Dirt (VoS ver.)

ENCORE
en14 new song / Punk is not dead
en15 霧と繭
en16 Sustain the Untruth
en17 詩踏み / Utafumi
en18 THE IIID EMPIRE (VoS ver.)

Report:

Spoiler

Saying that the venue is in a quiet place - it felt like a residential area and it was indeed quite quiet ;) But venue was close from the subway station so it’s not like I could see much of the area.

I arrived around 5:20 and got to buy a sticker from today’s show - pink one. The staff was saying something about different (new?) sizes of t-shirts, but I didn’t really checked.

I was at so called do-kamite, but not too far. Anyway as the floor was rising in the venue with every row the view was good. And it was easy to see all the staff waiting with video cameras :3

They keep opening with Ningen wo kaburu amd I think the song has good energy for that place in the setlist! Not sure if that was connected to the show being filmed, but I think everyone today wore the outfit from the arist photos.

With DIFFERENT SENSE I could feel more the difference between seated show - headbanging started here ;) And Kyo who urged us to sing with him.

Both DIFFERENT SENSE and LOTUS had videos with the footage from/connected to their MVs.

I already wrote before that I love what they do with the lighting during Fukai, it looked as amazing from the side. And we sang here too. “Aishite imasu ~ kokoro no soko ha…’

And there’s no chance that Uroko ever won’t be fun. And having your own little space meant that people could jump and headbang to everyone’s heart content. I love the transition from singing ‘anata no shidai de’ to slow headbanging to the super fast ending.

Midwife brought more headbanging. I think all band members stayed at their spots for 70% of the main set, but I saw Die looking like he wanted to come to the side ;) But the 'kasanatte’ call was amazing. Kyo kept pointing at different places in the audience to get louder response. Please release this in any form!!!

After Uroko/Midwife combo came a break to rest our necks a bit, very much needed 😂 and break felt good as Karasu was a change in the atmosphere. But headbanging was also present ;) from the visuals I loved the moment when there was a triangle with an eye on the screen amd Kyo stood with his hands lile in a prayer. And it was a good lead to Ranunculus.

I saw some people having fun with the use of this flower name in the song. But seriously if you would have heard the song and how emotionally charged it is when Kyo sings it I don’t think there would be any jokes about it.
叫び生きてろ 私は生きてる Ranunculus

The more noticeable sound during the break was definitely after Ranunculus. It’s like a background music in a game when you would enter a dark room with some tiny creatures or magical insects xD

Just a moment before they started playing VINUSHKA Kyo stood behind his stand and covered his face with the eye ring hand - creating the third eye again. I loved the gold gentle light from the sides in the beginning before song got more violent. And Kyo’s 'koko ga shinjitu da’ followed by the urging 'kakatte koi’. We gave our all. 'Vinushuka’ and falling Little Boy will always be devastating to see and hear together.

The one point in setlist I wasn’t happy with was DISABLED coming so quickly after VINUSHKA. I mean how are you supposed to switch from one song to another? But placement in the setlist aside I love this song. And seated venue meant I could actually dance to it first time this tour ;)

DISABLED also brought all members (well except Shinya) to move more on stage. And PSYCHO KILLER!!!

I have to say that Die’s tights are quite impressive. Just that.

During Beautiful Dirt Kaoru was standing with one leg on Kyo’s stand for a time, Die and Toshiya were visiting opposite stage sleeves. I noticed Toshiya who was letting people in first rows touch his hand when he was passing to the other side of the stage, that was also very sweet :)

With the end of main set fans started clappimg and calling for encore.

Die came wearing tour t-shirt, Kaoru had colourful stripy cardigan, Kyo had MA1 jaclet again with PUBLIC IMAGE logo and pink GUCCI shirt that he wore before. He kept the make up on.
(Sorry I’m not sure about Shinya and Toshiya despite them coming to the right stage sleeve xD)

I think just from seeing the song titles you can guess that encore HAD ENERGY. More headbanging, singing and shouting from us. Also more visits to the sides of the stage and sleeves during Sustain. There was calling to become one and questions if we are alive. I hope we proved it sufficiently ;)

There were smiles when throwing goodies, as I mentioned in the previous post Kyo passed one water bottle to the toriko family in the front and threw the other one and a towel to the audience. Other band members walked all around the stage from one sleeve to the other throwing picks and drums sticks. Toshiya dropped one on the right sleeve, he crouched to picked it up and teased a fan standing the closest to see if she would like to get it. She did get it ;)

Release, please.

Edited by Seelentau

Zepp Nagyoa (May 1)

NEW SE

NINGEN WO KABURU

DIFFERENT SENSE

SHITATARU MOUROU

MAGAYASOU

FUKAI (VoS ver.)

KIRI TO MAYU (2012 ver.)

Midwife

-karasu- (2013 ver.)

Ranunculus

TEFU TEFU

VINUSHKA

DISABLED COMPLEXES

Beautiful Dirt (VoS ver.)

Behind a vacant image

Punks not dead

Sustain the untruth

UTAFUMI

THE IIID EMPIRE (VoS ver.)

HAGESHISA TO, KONO MUNE NO NAKA DE KARAMITSUITA SHAKUNETSU NO YAMI

live report by merrilymemory:

Spoiler

DIR EN GREY 2018/5/1 ZEPP NAGOYA

What can I say about this fucking band!!! I swear to god I always say this, but any time I’m in the pit, with a decent view, I lose my goddamn mind. Tonight’s ramblings are so much more disjointed because I was so much closer than Namba Day 1, just three in front of Kaoru, and I was so happy that everyone around me was max only 10cm taller than my short ass.

Kaoru and Toshiya are hands down just my favorite people in this entire world; I can’t express how amazing it is to see them play. Karasu once again was amazing, and Kaoru came to play on the edge of the stage, just above me really, and to watch him poke at the fret and press his tongue to his lip as he kept in time was just so, so special; Toshiya too had a much better resonation throughout the song too—sometimes you can hardly hear him when he scratches his mic stand across his strings! But tonight was perfect, and I couldn’t help but smirk when I saw him do that so purposeful the first time—the second time he goes hard on the strings, but at first he’ll sort of tap the mic stand and it’s just. I DON’T KNOW. I love watching this sort of thing.

Also, I recall fondly both DIFFERENT SENSE and the punk song; watching Toshiya do the backup vocals… For Namba Day 2, I wasn’t able to fully enjoy that aspect of DIFFERENT SENSE, so really, I’m happy it was the same setlist? Like a Namba Day 2 revenge.

Tefutefu (yo Kristin) is also so fucking powerfully played. It’s no Vinushka in terms of emotion (and masterful technique as such) but the guitars marry so well with the bass and drum that isn’t quite as defined on the album as it is live? I honestly don’t think I’ve ever thought that about such a song before, not that style, not live, but this just opened my mind, and in a way, it kind of… proves to me why I always loved it so much. Just wish I could have seen that guitar solo!

So many of the other songs were just absolutely stunning too in their performance—there was feedback at times, and I want to say I heard a sour note somewhere in the middle of the setlist (but I can’t recall so I can’t say this is true), but their passion and love for what they do just blows me out of the water. And the fans—they were so into it, rowdy as all fuck, and I love us. I really love us as a group, even when we get annoying and bitchy… Kiri to Mayu, Midwife and Fukai got the crowd so riled up that the heat radiating from us in the Kaoru pit that I swear to god our hair was sweating. I want to just jump back in and go for another two hours…

Ah! That reminds me. Toshiya was singing both Fukai and mouthing some of the words (especially chorus) of Ranunculus tonight. I just adore the way he enjoys the lyrics. It’s always been such a soft spot for me… And he anticipates them, their mood, touching his eyes before Ranunculus and sort of stroking himself during Vinushka—I just??? What a sweet man???

(Reviewing the setlist from Twitter and) I have absolutely NO recollection of Disabled Complexes. It’s like my mind hollowed out after Vinushka and took those four minutes to process before being absolutely destroyed by Beautiful Dirt. GOD, I hated that mix so bad but it’s the best live. I’m sorry I ever doubted themmm.

The encore was far too… quick. This always happens. Five songs? That’s it? It was a ton of fun though, and I think IIID Empire might become a rotating song from hereon out until the new album releases, and I’m so happy because the burst of energy you get…

It feels like my words are failing me. I loved every single moment, even the ones where I felt crushed and couldn’t see. Sometimes you have to party in the back, but sometimes you just have to become one with the crowd.

Ah! Kyo’s ANNNNNGHHHH and NAAAGOOOYAAA makes me so happy. I honestly don’t think he says any city name better. But I’m biased. But I’m also right. ;) I wish I could remember when he came over, because he was so close I could see his rings, and I just… Thanks Kyo. Sorry I never try for the middle.

After the encore, Kaoru was an absolute fool by junking us not once but twice in his pit, refusing to throw them in. So when the third time came by, I started flipping him off and mouthing “hey fuck you” over and over to the point that Kaoru tilted his head away from me and glared for a good twenty seconds while the fan ahead of me just lost it laughing. Yes, Kaoru. We gave you our all—don’t fuck with us!

But as the lights went up, I felt like I couldn’t go. I had to let the crowd clear out and I hoped to just exist in the same place as everyone else, and someone started the encore chant. Again.

I lost it and screamed the entire time. When the men came back out, it felt as if my soul ascended from my body to the heavens—it felt right. Just absolutely and utterly so correct that if I had died at the end of Hageshisa, no one would doubt that it was my time to go. Toshiya was laughing as he came back on stage, and Kaoru couldn’t help but smirk at us. I don’t know why but it’s in those moments when you see them like this that you can really feel not just the emotion of a song or the satisfaction of getting the notes, but. An overall sort of feeling. Contentment? I don’t know, but I wonder.

Lastly, Toshiya stripped for everyone. What a beautiful man, inside and out. A friend could see him shaking hands with all of the staff at the end of the first encore—just.

Again, words are just problematic to me right now.

I love them, and I love you all as the sixth member, too. This was an amazing tour end for me. Nagoya always treats me so well. Thank you all so much for making this one of the best nights of my life. To me, this is a bookend to the mode of tours. So let’s start something new okay? <3

live report by kyotaku:

Spoiler

I love Zepp Nagoya. Not only because Nagoya was my first home in Japan, the shows here have a different atmosphere same like Namba is different or Shinkiba is different.
Today was not the last show of the tour, but it had the energy of one.

I had a lovely two digit number today, so I could get a second row, not super center, but just in front of the space where Kyo rests at Shinya’s drums stand. It also felt great to have quite a few friends around ;)

They started a few minutes after 7 with SE video with planets. Shinya wore a white shirt. Die had wavy hair, a bit sleek at the top, and he wore very airy sleeveless shirt with a white? light color? scarf. Standing so close I could see his ‘tights’ in detail. What I earlier took as a printed pattern is actually a leather decoration. Wow.
Toshiya wore his evening suit and Kaoru his magic realm cape. His hair to me started to look pink instead of purple ;)

Kyo entered the stage as the last one. He had a cropped jacket that was the same purple color as his pants (but it veeeery often looked black or grey depending on the light). Underneath he had a loose white shirt with a standing collar, a black and red ribbon type tie and Madaraningen necklace. He wore the same belt as before, a black and red THEODUCTS belt, Balenciaga socks over his pants and Gucci sneakers. He also had Hamsa earring and Madaraningen rings on his left hand. His hair was only slightly styled. He had red eyelashes and smudged lipstick. I don’t think his contact lenses were white, but the light was changing too much for me to be able to tell the exact color.

It was intense from the beginning. We were participating each time Kyo signalled he wanted to hear us. He kept looking at fans, pointing at various parts of the audience. And I felt like we joined in for more parts than usual, the audience was definitely super enthusiastic :3

Kyo wanted to come to the front of his stand for DIFFERENT SENSE to have us sing but he dropped his microphone (did the cord catch on something?). But he simply picked it up and came to the edge anyway. We sang.

Fukai. The lights are green in the beginning. When we enter the chorus Kyo receives red spotlight and we sang with him. It was beautiful.

After Fukai (?) ended Kyo stood behind his box and put his hands together like in a prayer. When some fan broke the silence screaming his name and others joined Kyo slowly moved forward to take a step up on the stand.

Ranunculus was again so emotional and beautiful.

Before Tefutefu Kyo did the third eye gesture. But it looked different today. He held his hand in front his face like he was holding a mask. And he took it off. After the song finished he repeated the gesture putting the mask back on.

VINUSHKA. I was crying by the end like many people around me but even so we sang with Kyo.

Maybe Sendai helped me prepare, but this time it was easier to enter Beautiful Dirt. Kyo was dancing a lot in the beginning. All other members traveled around the stage, Kaoru was the kindest towards the center as he stayed with us the longest ;) I love his cape, I wish I could have a proper look at the pattern!

Kyo spent the most of the song moving along the edge of the stage and meeting fans eyes while we screamed ‘PSYCHO KILLER’.

They left and we soon started to chant for encore.

As they came back my heart almost exploded. Because. I saw a cat. A cat. Kyo came back for encore wearing a denim jacket that was a bit longer because it had detachable part (with zips). Underneath there was a cat peeking and I saw the bottom line 'BLIND FOR LOVE’. He also wore Adidas sweatpants and kept the sneakers.

Kyo came to the front of his stand for Behind and had us sing for him, he took out his ear monitor to hear us properly.

He took off the jacket and I could see the kitty shirt in the full glory. A cat ♥

Punk is not dead / GO MAD is quite fun song for shows even as the melody proves a bit hard for the usual fist pumping. But I think we surprised Kyo a bit managing to squeeze screaming his name in the song in one part ;)

The rest of the encore was just pure energy. All band members kept traveling on the stage for Sustain, we got Kaoru’s visit again, but also Toshiya’s and Die’s (I’m sorry I was peeking what Kyo was doing on the sides xD). And for both Sustain and Utafumi we sang and sang and sang.

Another reason to love Nagoya is how Kyo says the name of the city when he addresses the audience.

なーーーごーやーーー!!!!

Kyo did the cheerful 'the back, are you alive? The side? The other side? and
AaaaaaaaaaAAaA!!!! (pointing the crowd in front of him)
And of course we replied as soon as he just started pointing us 😆

THE IIID EMPIRE was madness. And joy. And smiles.

The view of Kyo as he was sitting behind his stand (after he actually fell from it), tired but you could see he was so touched and happy. It brings the tears to my eyes even now.

(and he wore the kitty shirt 😂)

There was a lot of happy water splashing, thank you Kyo for the water in my face, it always feel like a 'well done, here some water’.
And when the turn for the towel came… 😭❤ thank you thank you thank you.

We stood holding the towel and waiting as other band members trew their things (it was really not fun when someone thought my scrunchie was a sock that Shinya threw and now I have a huge mark that looks like someone tied me o.o).

And we clapped and waved goodbye. The staff told us to leave and I think some people actually did start to leave. But most of us stayed and we kept chanting for encore. Because even as we didn’t think they will come back we wanted to show our gratitude for the tour and tonight’s show.
But.
They came back.
They did come back.

Kyo wore a black t-shirt with a face printed in the front and 'beautiful day’ printed on the sleeve. He also wore shorts with a 'love and sex’ flowery print on one leg and high socks. He had a scrape on the knee that probably came from the fall from the stand earlier. And Gucci sneakers.

Kyo greeted us with うるせー/ you’re so loud and 遅ぇーんだよ!/ it’s late oy!
And it was followed with Hageshisa and proving we’re alive. We sang most of the song with him.

Then Kyo stood on the stand and had fun making fans copy him clapping and do some gestures, with 'victory fists’ and 'kitsune / horns’. There were smiles again and looking and pointing at fans again. He looked like he wanted to find some more things to throw but in the end he started sending kisses and pointing more and then he finally waved us goodbye.

Other members were waving bye as well, but Toshiya hesitated before he left the stage. He stopped and took off his tour shirt and threw it to fans 😂

I love Nagoya 💚

(and the kitty shirt 😂)

Edited by Seelentau

I'm so happy they've finally truncated Diabolos. That song was always too long.

EDIT: nevermind, FUCK the Demo version for leaving out the best part (fast, heavy section). There were some other parts I liked though.

Edited by geist

29.06.2018 Shinkiba Studio Coast

NINGEN WO KABURU

DIFFERENT SENSE

SHITATARU MOUROU

MAGAYASOU

FUKAI (Vestige of Scratches ver.)

Ash (First time since 2002 ; 2018 ver.)

Midwife

New Song (Ranunculus)

KODOKU NI SHISU, YUENI KODOKU.

audience KILLER LOOP