suji

DIAURA new concept single, "運命開化" (Unmei Kaika) release

1 hour ago, The Piass said:

Well composed, well executed, well recorded... but man, so, so generic. Still very attached to the clichés of the 90s (in this case the ZAN one), like Grieva and the bands from the nostalgia kei  boom did for almost every song they put out... I wish this will help them to get a wider audience, at least.

Diaura is very special to me. They are one of the last bands that I followed with quite great passion, because of their skills at creating a sound that combined the best from the old-school reminiscence and modern influences, eveything done with their own mark (seriously, Diaura achieved one of those things many bands lack nowadays: a style that makes you recognize them from meters away). Their Focus and Triangle album are masterpieces, from the very beggining to the end. I guess they are having a hard time trying to overcome them...

Nice they're trying with 90's VK sounds, but the tracks sound somehow weak. It's like most bands that bring back old school VK focus on pre-GAUZE era Dir en grey while there is a vast number of bands to take influence from that seem pretty much ignored/forgotten such as Aliene Ma'riage, Syndrome, Lar~Mia, AZALEA, etc.

Wow, I'm really overwhelmed by the massive positive reactions. Yeah, sounds good and organic, but... am I the only one hearing the copy-and-pasted clichés? Anyway, good you find your cup of tea!

BTW, got interested in which guys is your criteria to judge good vk music (and bad, also)🤔

3 hours ago, seikun said:

Nice they're trying with 90's VK sounds, but the tracks sound somehow weak. It's like most bands that bring back old school VK focus on pre-GAUZE era Dir en grey while there is a vast number of bands to take influence from that seem pretty much ignored/forgotten such as Aliene Ma'riage, Syndrome, Lar~Mia, AZALEA, etc.

I thought the same! It seems that for nowadays scene old-school=ZAN... If their plan is to just emulate, there are a ton of bands to get inspiration...

I like it, but I'm gonna ask this... is this sound REALLY much more old-kei-influnced than their usual work? It's kind of ALWAYS been their thing so I expected them to ride the gimmick harder seeing as they felt the need to release it under a different name. Maybe if there was a video it could have helped, no gipes with the quality of the single though they sound great.

2 hours ago, saiko said:

Wow, I'm really overwhelmed by the massive positive reactions. Yeah, sounds good and organic, but... am I the only one hearing the copy-and-pasted clichés? Anyway, good you find your cup of tea!

BTW, got interested in which guys is your criteria to judge good vk music (and bad, also)🤔

in a sea of horse shit, a zan rip off is better than most

3 hours ago, saiko said:

copy-and-pasted clichés

They are there, obviously, but isn't that generally how visual kei works? I don't think this is on the same level as copycats like grieva as their own style is clearly audible and also, in my opinion the clichés they choose are nicely arranged and combined.

As for Dir en grey, ZAN (or any other 黒夢 inspired rush song) is definitely there, but the guitar in 運命開化 reminds me of much older melodic mid 90s bands and that is not really a common occurence.

I wonder if Japanese fans of Visual Kei also notice and criticise how the emulation of old school Visual Kei seems to always be reduced to Dir en grey's influence...

the one-hit 90s sensation ディオーラ (diaura) have announced that they will suspend activities 💔

They will hold their last live on November 1 at Shinjuku Blaze, where they will release a live-limited demo tape, "blind memory".

DmLK84OVsAED0kt.jpg

DmLK9kbU0AAvoHe.jpg