Serox

FIXER Dr. Korey will depart.

he was awesome in the studio before starwave but slacked a lot in lives and their recent recordings

i dont think there's anyone in their tier thats all that much better tho

I'm not saying this to be negative as I really like Fixer, but they honestly can do better, so this is probably for the best. I don't know what involvement he has with the writing process, but the guy could not keep up during live performances.

As long as they don't disband or pause activities I'm indifferent he wasn't terrible but he also definitely wasn't great. 

Korey in my opinion is the most unpopular member of the band, he has always been a "rigid" guy, he only did his job and stop, the other members are more open with the fans.. (?) I follow him since Signal and I leave his ex-band for different problems with musical difference, different opinions on how to manage the band etc. probably he had the same problems here too..

5 hours ago, filth_y said:

I dont follow them that much but i always thought he is the leader/main song writer/most skilled member of the band? 

Just gonna ignore the leader/main song writer part but the most skilled member? LMAO on what planet?

30 minutes ago, Mamo said:

Just gonna ignore the leader/main song writer part but the most skilled member? LMAO on what planet?

listen to the drumming on shinen and then come back LOL i think he did a really good job on that track, the fills, blasts, accents, etc are sharp as fuck and better than most visual drummers.

Although their kamite guitarist is basically just as good in terms of member rankings

3 hours ago, Mamo said:

I felt so when seeing them live. I'll be honest, i always didnt pay much attention when they played the 3-5 times i saw them (always went for other bands), just felt so. I have only basic knowledge of drums/can play easy things, but (or maybe because of that) i often feel the drummer in a vk is the most/only skilled person (live).

How often did you see them live to support your statement? I dont care for studio recordings in visual kei when talking about skills btw.

3 hours ago, emmny said:

listen to the drumming on shinen and then come back LOL i think he did a really good job on that track, the fills, blasts, accents, etc are sharp as fuck and better than most visual drummers.

Although their kamite guitarist is basically just as good in terms of member rankings

Fast =/= technical, or good, for that matter. No one said he was bad, because he obviously isn't, but as you yourself have said, his live performance is lacking by modern standards. Also, comparing to other drummers is pointless, because they are all so samey and unwilling to get out of their comfort zone (in FIXER's genre). They fit the music, and do what they are supposed to do, but they don't seem to enhance it in any way. And Korey definitely falls under that category, with the added bonus of being his own metronome.

Dude should seriously have a click-track in his ear during his future lives, because, damn, the videos from the DVD they have posted were so fuckin' bad.

I had commented @emmnyBut I guess it got deleted/hidden by a mod but I'm not sure why I didn't say anything bad. In fact I responded pretty much the same as @123Sandman321only sorter lol oh well.

Honestly Korey did way better in signal with the exception some a couple of songs. Rip. This post just makes me want signal to come back even more now.