123Sandman321

ラッコ (Lack-co.)

ラッコ (Lack-co.)

main.jpg

Activity:

2016 - present

Members:

Vo. てんてん/Tenten (ex. KuRt → CHEMICAL PICTURES → MY BACTERIA HEAT ISLAND)
Gu. SAN (ex. FESTER → 「13」(餐) →NEGA → the:Ø → Black Gene for the Next Scene)
Gu. milk (ex. ex.fizz → retort → Para:noir (as Satoshi) → D.I.D. (as Satoshi) → DOAK (as Satoshi))
Ba. Ivy (ex. Moran)
Dr. higiri (ex.TRUST)

Discography:

[2016.11.09] Ayashii Meganeya-san (Mini-album)

[2017.02.15] Mushiiri CHOCOLATE (Maxi-single)

[2017.03.15] Nenchakugata CRAZY SALTiri COOKIE (Maxi-single)

[2017.06.28] Dobunezumi Sanka (Single)

[2017.11.01] Jakuniku Kyoushoku (Album)

OHP:

https://lack-co.com/

Twitter:

https://twitter.com/lack_coofficial

I was actually surprised, these guys didn't have a dedicated topic. As I've seen, people here have been generally lukewarm towards them, but they have definitely redeemed themselves with their full album. Compared to the mismatched mess of both good and horrible ideas, they released previously, with the album, they have finally found their sound and the re-recorded songs now have a much better tone and feel. I'm excited for their next release.

I liked a song or two off their first mini (the PV song and the one with GOOGRY EYES). The way they mashed genres together was a bit jarring since it didn't seem cohesive or intentional, but I give them credit for thinking outside the box.

I don't think I liked their followup singles, and I didn't get a chance to check out their full length. Do you have any recommended tracks?

5 hours ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

I liked a song or two off their first mini (the PV song and the one with GOOGRY EYES). The way they mashed genres together was a bit jarring since it didn't seem cohesive or intentional, but I give them credit for thinking outside the box.

I don't think I liked their followup singles, and I didn't get a chance to check out their full length. Do you have any recommended tracks?

Well, I recommend starting with the re-recorded songs, since the album carries on in the same overall tone and I guess that by comparing them with their predecessors, they best display the evolution of the band.

But honestly, you can pick basically any song from the record, since they all are very solid, maybe except the slightly boring "ballad" (5th song), which I usually skip, because it doesn't really fit

But it is also important to point out, that they dropped all the heaviness from before (however questionable)

Honestly liked only 3-5 songs of them. Everything else is wonky almost like there's so much going on. Only ones are, 玩具眼鏡 Googly eyes, 色眼鏡 色彩皆無 , ほろ苦ィ。, 液体 <--Underestimated song, and  幽囚谷のバッ. I dislike their direction tho with there new album Jakuniku Kyoshoku. It takes all the songs and makes them bland with the exception of a couple (With just the interest to hear the different version.) I feel like they need a new drummer idk if its just me.

This band could have done a lottt better.

Will they ever release new songs?

Or will Tenten forever perform the same 8 songs?

On 4/16/2018 at 10:11 AM, Axius said:

I feel like they need a new drummer idk if its just me.

Yeah I agree, he abuses the cymbals too much and it's made worse by having them too high in the mix. They also need more unity because often it sounds like each member is trying to individually sound as cool as possible without paying attention to what the other members are doing or the overall sound. It sucks because they have nearly all the elements of a great band but fall short. When I try to put them on I just feel like listening to Develop One's Faculties who are not entirely dissimilar.