Kiyoharu is God

New hide tribute album 『hide TRIBUTE IMPULSE』 (HISASHI, T.M.Revolution, MIYAVI, etc)

『hide TRIBUTE IMPULSE』

2018年6月6日(水)発売

税込¥3,240(税抜¥3,000)

[収録曲(曲順未定) / 参加アーティスト]

BACTERIA / SEXFRiEND ※1 (作詞・作曲:hide)

DOUBT / HISASHI × YOW-ROW (作詞・作曲:hide)

D.O.D.(DRINK OR DIE) / FLOW (作詞・作曲:hide)

ELECTRIC CUCUMBER ※2 / ACID ANDROID (作詞:McVEIGH / 作曲:hide)

ever free / 西川貴教 (作詞・作曲:hide)

EYES LOVE YOU / BREAKERZ (作詞:森 雪之丞 / 作曲:hide)

GOOD BYE / Cocco (作詞・作曲:hide)

ピンク スパイダー / MIYAVI (作詞・作曲:hide)

ROCKET DIVE / Dragon Ash (作詞・作曲:hide)

TELL ME / GRANRODEO (作詞・作曲:hide)

hide | HURRY GO ROUND (hide vocal Take2) ※3

※1 アイナ・ジ・エンド(BiSH)とUK(MOROHA)によるスペシャルユニット
※2 zilchのナンバー

※3 20th Memorial Track

http://www.hide-city.com/information/detail.php?id=1647

Edited by Kiyoharu is God

Tribute impulse? More like they need impulse control.

Still, this looks far more interesting than the last handful of hide tribute albums.

5 hours ago, Vercingetorix said:

Can you imagine if all the members of the 27 Club had been Japanese? There'd be a new one of these every 2 months.

I'm cringing at the thought of this.

Uhm... I like when people cover great hits by great artists... But with that line-up... uhm... Miyavi doing Pink Spider (a real no!); at least no one tries to cover "In Motion", after that messy thing done by Fest Vainqueur...

Wow. Doesn’t sound bad. I’m not even a fan of post-PSC MYV but you can tell in his voice he is truly passionate about covering Pink Spider and that his musicianship has totally improved over the years. Good for him. I’m curious to hear how the studio version sounds now. 

kill yourself myv (cc. sexfriend)

u know u done fucked up when bloody FLOW and takanori covers sound well-done and actually respectful to the source material, but with those two I literally have no words

They really go for it every year. We have enough hide tribute albums to last the next generation at this point

Miyavi has gotten to the point where everything he does now sound the same as the last song. I usually appreciate when  musicians really put their own flavor into a cover, but when the last 2-3 Miyavi albums sound too samey this just comes off as boring... Not to mention it's bad.

The Dragon Ash, FLOW, Cocco, Takanori, and Granrodeo covers sound alright.

I think if you're going to do a hide tribute at this point you have to cover songs that haven't been covered like 8 times or whatever it is now. Stuff like Junk Story, Oblaat, Honey blade, In Motion, Breeding, and Scanner etc. instead of Pink Spider cover #100.

Edited by Kiyoharu is God