Sign in to follow this  
Zeus

International visual kei subforum

Do we need a forum for international visual kei?  

27 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Well, do we?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/17/18 at 03:13 PM

Do we need another subforum for international visual kei music that would not quite fit in the international or the visual kei subforum? Or do you think that the subforum for international music is enough? If enough votes are acquired saying "Yes", I will make a new forum.

Pretty sure brengun aka darkwater already made this thread not to mention they're really barely enough bands of this sort forming each year to warrant their own news section let alone an entire sub-forum.

If it happens it happens I guess I don't really care either way since I won't use it anyway but just seems like unessasary clutter when we already have an international music section. We may as well start a sub-forum for international music of every genre by that logic. Like I said pointless but I have no control over changes and additions to this forum, so I voted no.

Edited by Mamo

1 hour ago, Mamo said:

Pretty sure brengun aka darkwater already made this thread not to mention they're really barely enough bands of this sort forming each year to warrant their own news section let alone an entire sub-forum.

eh, in this case no.

(I would be more for a subform for vkei and non-vkei news)

all international vk just should go into international. pretty much same reason as you.

Either yes or what BrenGun said.
Tbh I don't care at all where bands come from, but I care for good music. While it's debatable how many good international VK bands there are, I'd like to at least know about it IF there surfaces something great. And digging through all the "David Guettas" and "Kpop artists" and "10 songs I like to take a shit to" just to find something, that's actually related to what the whole forum is about, feels just wrong.

21 minutes ago, Seiji said:

And digging through all the "David Guettas" and "Kpop artists" and "10 songs I like to take a shit to" just to find something, that's actually related to what the whole forum is about, just feels wrong

This forum isn't about visual kei it's about J-rock or just Japanese music in general.

Ah, I was working on making this thread. To be honest, I think the option to internationalize the news section should be included as well. 

Either

1. a Visual (international) news subforum. 

2. Just deciding that allowing select acts with clear ties to the visual scene in the news section as it is already. If this freedom gets abused by sharing news about things with no clear relation to the scene the rules could be changed again.

3. Keeping things as is.

Honestly, I think the international scene is getting a few more professional acts out there, and regardless if it's something I like to listen to or not, I think they might have an audience here, and that's why I think it should be up to the users to decide on what to do with them.

I third the option of vk and non vk news. Making a subforum for international visual kei seems redundant.

Edit: by that I mean a visual kei news forum for all visual kei bands, regardless of where they are from 

Edited by hyura

I guess after thinking about it, a subforum for overseas vk isn't necessary, cuz there's not a lot out there.

As for vk and non-visual threads in the news forum - sorry for drifting offtopic -, I think it should stay as it is, it's not that hard to add the "general" tag as the prefix, or you can just, y'know, skip it if you don't care. I don't think it's necessary to segregate the two as this is a Japanese rock forum after all.

34 minutes ago, Mamo said:

This forum isn't about visual kei it's about J-rock or just Japanese music in general.

Of course it's about J-Rock or just Japanese music in general, BUT, looking at the countless threads about it, Visual Kei - at least for the people here - is a huge part of it, too.

Most people here don’t really seem to be fans of international VK, so I don’t really see the point.

Bands that are good enough to warrant their own topic would be welcome in the international section. Lulzy noob bands have their own thread to be torn apart.

3 hours ago, Seiji said:

Either yes or what BrenGun said.
Tbh I don't care at all where bands come from, but I care for good music. While it's debatable how many good international VK bands there are, I'd like to at least know about it IF there surfaces something great. And digging through all the "David Guettas" and "Kpop artists" and "10 songs I like to take a shit to" just to find something, that's actually related to what the whole forum is about, feels just wrong.

"just to find something that's actually related to what the whole forum is about" lol well if you are searching in the international music subforum and you still think that's bad then maybe we do need an international VK subfrum. international music is international music, you like the artists or not. nothing wrong with all those david guettas or kpop artists. they are in the section they belong to.

Why not just create a news section for visual kei and one for non-visual japanese bands? We do it for the download section already. That would leave room for all these western vkei bands to be included for those who are interested. 

Edited by lichtlune

3 hours ago, lichtlune said:

Why not just create a news section for visual kei and one for non-visual japanese bands? We do it for the download section already. That would leave room for all these western vkei bands to be included for those who are interested. 

No.. then still those international bans should be in the international forum.

But people don't want to split up the news forum in non-visual and visual news.  Because we could use a tag. but we never really did vote for it tho.

or @Zeusmaybe shall we vote for it? 

2 hours ago, BrenGun said:

No.. then still those international bans should be in the international forum.

But people don't want to split up the news forum in non-visual and visual news.  Because we could use a tag. but we never really did vote for it tho.

or @Zeusmaybe shall we vote for it? 

There's 600 pages of topics in the news forum that the staff would have to sort out into two forums, and 99% of the content would never be seen by another pair of eyes ever again. That's more than both the dl forums combined. A physical split at this point is not happening.

We could explore a tag system for that if enough people request it in a new topic. For now let's keep this topic for the international visual kei subforum.

Sign in to follow this