cvltic

DAYDALA Invalidates/Revalidates Tickets, Causes 6000+ Post Shitstorm on Tanuki

Slated to host a show on 4/18 at Ikebukuro EDGE (w/ 万鬼隊 / type:『seeD』/ MIDGARD / 爆烈ストーム!! & others), DAYDALA announced on March 27th that they would render ticket #1 invalid due to reselling for profit.

This is not altogether unheard of -- tickets that have been resold have been banned from entry, but it's usually for bigger bands.
However, it seems the holder of #1 -- we'll call her S -- was a little confused by this choice.
She tweeted that she had definitely been the original purchaser of the ticket through legitimate means, and eventually posted the DMs exchanged between her and the official DAYDALA account. She was even able to provide a receipt of the purchase (these receipts do not contain the ticket number),  but they opted to offer her only a refund.

675x1200x47dd54f872347ef48b71ae9.jpg675x1200xbbde8b1e2fab39f74658932.jpg

When S pressed them to provide proof that #1 was in fact resold, they posted screenshots from tanuki (this is historical -- it is an open secret that bands and management browse the board, but an official account posting screenshots of 1) a selling post and 2) a tanumail conversation is unheard of).

The listing originally posted on tanuki claims to have tickets #1-3. The chances of this poster being S are already fairly low as her receipt shows the price of one ticket. The odds of picking up #1 and #2-3 are stacked very high against her unless she juggles multiple SMS-verified accounts and somehow obtained #1 and #2-3, or is selling on behalf of a friend who was coincidentally able to purchase #2-3. More importantly though, the proof photo doesn't show #1 at all. Additionally, the source of the tanumail screenshot is also up for debate -- unless the band was trying to purchase the resold tickets themselves (something that has been done before, but generally by larger bands b/c I don't think DAYDALA could have afforded even the original 15,000y asking price), it seems they received it as a "tip" from someone else.

This really opened the floodgates -- why weren't #2 and #3 banned as well if this was the source? Why was #1 banned despite being the only one without solid evidence?

Their next step was to ban all of #1-3 but provide refunds upon further discussion with S. By this point tanuki was in an absolute frothing rage. People posting "for sale" posts for numbers 4-100 in a joking attempt to get them invalidated descended as DAYDALA thread after DAYDALA thread was created.

Spoiler

Member Haku attempted various forms of damage control on his individual twitter, but the horde was angry and wanted justice for S.
Finally, they rescinded their invalidation for all three tickets and gave a heartfelt apology.

Spoiler

Masato of meta-kei/tanuki-kei/meme-kei band kaitou sentai lined up to take a shot at DAYDALA for their slip-up:
"I was tired and sleeping forever. Good morning.
I had a dream that the #1 ticket I worked so hard to get was suddenly rendered invalid.
Hope it doesn't come true..."

Spoiler

Edited by cvltic
put the less visually interesting/necessary tweets under spoilers bc i write too much

While fairness is a good concept and all, this is VK. If a fan is willing to pay big bucks to obtain the “best tickets”, which the reseller will turn around and spend their profits on more band merch, why can’t they?

The legality of ticket reselling in Japan is up for debate after Ticket Camp (formerly the biggest ticket resale marketplace) shut down. I assume they were pressured by Johnny's because they got in legal trouble for some non-ticket related issue, but in the articles I read it mentioned the Kobe district court ruled that buying tickets for the sole purpose of resale is considered an act of fraud. Ticket Camp caused a huge backlash so it reflects poorly on large-scale bands who don't deal with resellers... but for these minor bands I think reselling everything with a number <10 is pretty much the culture of vk, lmao.

"DAYDALA Invalidates/Revalidates Tickets, Causes 6000+ Post Shitstorm on Tanuki"

This is all I needed to see, VK drama is best drama!

Edited by TheZigzagoon

@anadentonetickets are all numbered in japan, so if you get between 1-10 for example, you are the first/second/tenth person allowed in the venue and almost guaranteed a front row spot (the actual fan politics behind where you get to stand are more complicated  but that's the short explanation)

@emmnyyou're barking up the right tree, it's just a convenient cover. i didn't want to get too far into the allegations/stuff that can't actually be proven in the main post. but w/ the initial non-banning of #2 and #3 despite those two having photo proof of being up for resale and the band being given tanumail screenshots, the prevailing theory is that DAYDALA tsunagari/shikiri (who may have actually been holding 2 & 3) was trying to push out/frame S. S isn't even a DAYDALA gya so perhaps they were worried they were going to have negotiation probs with her, or just pissed they couldn't wrestle #1 for their own band's shusai event and wanted to punish whoever did lmfao.

Wow, that's ridiculously petty. It's kind of hilarious that these girls are creating so much drama over a band like DAYDALA though. I mean, they've released, what, one single?

@platyit's these multi-band events where one specific band is considered the host/organizer. the band whose event it is usually play last & gets the longest set so if your fav band isn't big enough for a oneman, these types of events are often a chance to turn up for them

I just wanted to add this song to the topic for future references, where they immortalized this story!