suji

狂太郎 (Kyotaro) (ex-√eight-->Black:List) new band "LAY ABOUT WORLD" has formed

8 minutes ago, violetchain said:

I assumed they were going for "layabout world", like a world full of lazy people?

hopefully that's it since they were lazy to find a decent name

3 hours ago, WhirlingBlack said:

Also, he's clearly using the name "狂太郎" on his twitter which reads out to Kyotaro. KYO is just a shortened version of it for the twitter handle I assume.

That may be the case now, but he was definitely going simply by KYO in both COCKROACH towards the end and LAST OF FATE without even using the kanji at all.

Maybe it's a return to vk thing? Idk

Edited by Mamo

Raspy mama is back in vkei, interesting 

I do like 3 out of Black:List's 5 songs, so I guess that should mean I would try this out? I secretly hope he drags Rei out of obscurity, since they need a drummer.

12 minutes ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

Raspy mama is back in vkei, interesting 

I do like 3 out of Black:List's 5 songs, so I guess that should mean I would try this out? I secretly hope he drags Rei out of obscurity, since they need a drummer.

Same one of the best and most underrated vk drummers.

On 2.4.2018 at 4:10 AM, Biopanda said:

Nice! Glad to see Kyotaro back in a VK band once again. I know he's been dipping his toes back into the VK scene over the past two years by participating in a couple VK session bands (with the same members as this band, unsurprisingly).

I noticed the session too and was wondering if he moved to Tokyo. Would be really cool if they are Tokyo-based. I felt COCKROACH. played too rarely in Tokyo and i didnt want to fly to Sapporo everytime to see Kyotaro live, lol.

Well, is cool to see him return. After eight, he is just not that around anymore. Pretty sure majority of his fans or what left of them are known him from that time. The last thing I heard of him was when he worked as a host.

well the refrains really doesn't sound too special yet but i am very curious for the heavy parts around them...

also wouldn't be the first time for samples which are mainly focused around the refrain that i go from like: well avarage at best to; wow this is a really great track...

so still pretty curious for the release and can't wait to receive and listen to the songs fully. ;D

*update: now after listening the samples again my opinion completely changed - love 'em all now! 8D

sometimes you need to listens some songs over and over again until they click with you... and still i am super excited for the stuff around the refrains because there's probably a shitton of harsh awesome vocals in there! 8D

also in the song "SICK" i am quite surprised about the "huhuuu-uu-uu-u" section cuz sounds pretty great and i didn't thought he had the vocal range to do so.

Edited by VkBrutaliaN

Well, first of all im glad the production isn't utter shit like the entire COCKROACH. discography was. Also SO glad that his use of autotune isnt THAT obvious anymore and horrible sounding like in COCKROACH.

Second, i couldnt stop thinking about Taros twitter post when listening to the samples:

"Im doing vk, but what i have no idea what is popular in vk nowadays. Because i dont listen to vk i have no idea. Well, whatever."

I wonder why he is even doing vk cause he seemed to love the more hardcore/metalcore style. To me they sound somehwat like they dont know what they want to do. Lets see how they develop, if not disband quickly they might develop their style and sound better?

all of this would've sounded decent if not for absolutely awful choruses ruining every. single. damn. song.

go back to str8core henny we don't want u here

1 hour ago, filth_y said:

listening to the samples:

"Im doing vk, but what i have no idea what is popular in vk nowadays. Because i dont listen to vk i have no idea. Well, whatever."

haha good you're mentioning it because when i originally read that tweet from him i was also like: what the fuck!? XD

also that one person who replied to his tweet by mentioning "0.1gの誤算".... ts ts tssss...

"i dont know what's popular anymore in modern visual kei, here's us doing pretty much exactly what just about every semi-popular band nowadays is doing"