TheZigzagoon

Performance advice

I'm taking part in the skits section at a convention I go to every year, but I'm covering something different to what I'm comfortable with. I'm very much used to covering Nightmare songs, but I'm going to be covering BEAMS by Kuroyume 

I'm one of those that if I fuck up even once then I beat myself up about it, so it's making me more nervous about going on stage this year, any advice?

Also, how can I memorize the romaji for the lyrics as quickly as possible, the convention is in August 

I recommend you sing along while reading the Romaji and take note of every word. And always practice without Romaji when you find a chance. I often sing along to the music I play while driving, so if you're able to drive places (IDK about your situation so I'm not going to assume anything) you could try practicing while driving. 

I also recommend practicing at home pretending as if you were actually preforming. It may be awkward at first but it's pretty fun and helps a lot

first of all congrats on going on stage, that's legit - & shoutout to mea, i love that band too.

kinda going off what Aimi said, if you're not opposed to it try recording yourself at home, as you practice as if you were performing. don't worry too much about quality like just use a webcam or an iphone sat in a corner, just decent enough quality you can make out how you sound & look

& i don't mean to assume your knowledge here so apologies if this is something you're already aware of, but bc you say roumaji - might be worth checking your pronunciation to make sure you're getting it right, bc even though japanese follows its pronunciation rules pretty tightly & doesn't do weird shit like english (like how read & read are read differently) - learning only the roumaji & speaking it exactly as you would an english word written w/ those letters isn't always correct