• Neo Oshare
    • both
    • Nither they both suck

Nagoya Kei

Spoiler

Vs

Neo Oshare

Spoiler

Bad, bad, very bad  examples  of Nagoya kei. Face palm. The only band you mentioned that even comes close is DEATHGAZE. @Tokageplease help, 

(also remember when people thought Nagoya Kei = heavy & brutal back in the days? fuck that era) 

this is a prime example.

This is Nagoya kei:

Edited by Mamo

12 minutes ago, Alsdead14 said:

For nagoya kei, what about cocklobin and 9goats black out, those are nagoya? If I recall right.

Yes, they are.

6 minutes ago, suji said:

nagoya kei before it got intermingled with neo oshare

(see Pendulum for reference)

I wouldn't say it is there are still plenty of examples of Nagoya kei without those influences, such as: KEEL, gibkiy gibkiy gibkiy, emmurée, and STEREO.C.K to name a few.

6 minutes ago, Mamo said:

I wouldn't say it is there are still plenty of examples of Nagoya kei without those influences, such as: KEEL, gibkiy gibkiy gibkiy, emmurée, and STEREO.C.K to name a few.

That's exactly what i just said

6 minutes ago, suji said:

That's exactly what i just said

Sorry maybe I misunderstood. But you said, " before it got intermingled with neo oshare" which I took to mean that you're saying current Nagoya kei bands all mix in Neo oshare. And I was listing modern Nagoya bands who don't. My bad if you meant something else.

Edited by Mamo

7 hours ago, Mamo said:

Bad, bad, very bad  examples  of Nagoya kei. Face palm. The only band you mentioned that even comes close is DEATHGAZE. 

Wait they all sound like deathgaze though. And you tagged your "brutal" Nagoya kei. So i think i am right. Also isnt that Mucc's sound and they are Eurosomething 

Anyway I voted Neo Oshare because they have better vocals. Like Nagoya would better if they used sampled a car engine or animal sounds rather attempt to unclean. Neo Oshare also are not trying to be hard/heavy; they are just doing want which just happens to get a lil aggressive sometimes. 

Also this glamm glammar song is just ridiculous good. Who knew a girls voice was the tech? 

Spoiler

Shout out for ayabie for starting it. Ppl say they're koteosa but they were nu metal / alternative or  hard rock rather than punk or black metal influenced. Daikei is timeless as well. 

36 minutes ago, blackdoll said:

Wait they all sound like deathgaze though. And you tagged your "brutal" Nagoya kei. So i think i am right. Also isnt that Mucc's sound and they are Eurosomething 

In some cases yes Nagoya kei bands sort of crossed over which is why I listed that tag. And DEATHGAZE is arguable I'll give you that, but the bands I mentioned sound NOTHING like MUCC and the sound you're reffing to is eroguro and it's related to Angura kei, which is what early MUCC is related to. Not Nagoya. Listen for bands that sound like aie (ex. DEADMAN, the studs, the god and death stars, etc.) particularly the bass.  More detailed discussions and explanations between myself, @AimiGen7, @WhirlingBlack, and @Tokage in the chat if you'd like to read more.  Modern examples would be bands such as: KEEL, gibkiy gibkiy gibkiy, emmurée, and STEREO.C.K.

Edited by Mamo

Here are some good Nagoya bands mixtapes in The Introductory Artist/Band Mixtape Thread!

Edited by Mamo

4 minutes ago, saishuu said:

you mean the Beyoncé vs. Madeth gray'll wasn't indicative enough?

i still don't know y that was shut down? they're both held in high respect. I guess it's a discussion for adults and not kids. I vote for Beyonce btw cause MG doesn't anything freakem dress tier. Naught Girl as well. 

5 minutes ago, blackdoll said:

i still don't know y that was shut down? they're both held in high respect. I guess it's a discussion for adults and not kids. I vote for Beyonce btw cause MG doesn't anything freakem dress tier. Naught Girl as well. 

They're both from two totally different genres. Not even worth comparing.

12 minutes ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

aliene ma'riage vs spice girl who wins boys n grils

I'd be down for Aliene vs Mariah Carey to see who has the best squeal~

1 hour ago, suji said:

They're both from two totally different genres. Not even worth comparing.

genres is such a frivolous thing. Music is Music.

1 hour ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

aliene ma'riage vs spice girl who wins boys n grils

aliene ma'riage. They aint Destiny child or even TLC for that matter 

neo oshare is a real thing? or just something to delimitate the year a band started? (anyways I voted for "neo oshare" because アヤビエ :tw_heart:)

On 3/28/2018 at 12:48 AM, emmny said:

mods can we PLEASE open up madeth vs beyonce that was one of the most important threads on this site

fuck it, i'm back part time. And don't forget the Lycaon Vs Rentrer En Soi people where really mad cause i was dragging/exposing RES for the vapid space that they are.? But Light My Fire is a thing now so maybe there isnt really any need?

But back to this thread.Some of the N.O. bands shouldn't do pop. Decola hopping being the prime example.

Spoiler

At their pivotal zone they body 80% of VK.  And too get only 6 or so track is so :tw_cold_sweat::tw_bawling::tw_bawling:

her unclean got worse though. The added badass is good though in the beat 

Spoiler

Edited by blackdoll

Sign in to follow this