Sign in to follow this  
Tokage

メトロノーム new album 「廿奇譚AHEAD」[2018.07.25]

Metronome recently announced that they'll apparently be releasing a new full-length album titled 「廿奇譚AHEAD」in July. 

The album will come in 3 different types, CD+DVD (5000 yen), 2 CD (4000 yen) and CD only (3000 yen).

Tracklist and official artwork still tba. 

Source: http://meto21.com/sound.html

I'm glad to see they're so active again, although I kind of hope this album won't follow the same line as their latest single A-side cuz I absolutely didn't feel that one at all..

Just listened to the track on their website. The music's all right but that hideously over-autotuned vocal! It's not like that on every song, is it?

10 minutes ago, johnesh said:

The music's all right but that hideously over-autotuned vocal! It's not like that on every song, is it?

That's been kinda their trademark since, uhmmm... 20 years ago or so. :D  (okay, maybe not as prevalently but still, it's kinda part of their futuristic bleep-bloop schtick)

Edited by Jigsaw9

Hm, think I'll probably give it a miss then. Had no idea they'd been around for so long, I've never heard of them before and assumed they were a new band (though did wonder how they'd got signed to King Records so quickly).

Edited by johnesh

Tracklist, album art and new band look has been revealed (cool band pic btw).

CD

01. 廿奇譚AHEAD
02. 血空
03. 不安の殿堂
04. 回游論
05. 素晴らしい世界
06. 主人公ルート
07. 夜空に舞う花弁
08. 我が為に鳴くパンドラ
09. 孤独氏
10. おやすみ世界
11. 弊帚トリムルティ

CD+DVD edition bonus DVD:

弊帚トリムルティ [Music Video]
血空 [Music Video]
メトーク (special 'talk programme' commemorating their 20th anniversary, runtime is 101 mins)

+ mini photobook and special box packaging

2CD edition bonus CD: re-recording best album

01. 誤sick
02. 不機嫌なアンドロイド
03. ΦD-SANSKRIT
04. 魔法
05. 薔薇と紅蓮
06. 僕が僕の為に僕を辞める僕
07. ねじ式
08. カフカフ
09. 先生
10. MATSURI
11. PSYCHO-ENEMY
12. 三つ数えろ
13. デリート
14. アクアリウム
15. 青い鳥

Cover art (CD+DVD limited ed., 2CD limited ed., regular ed.)

ZycCzyy.png

Pf13ArL.jpg

V9wvC0x.jpg

OTI4Pm2.jpg

Edited by Jigsaw9

Sweet look, looking forward to the album too. By the way, haven't pretty much all the tracks on that bonus album been re-recorded on those COLLECTION albums they dropped before going on hiatus, or are there any new ones mixed in?

^ The phrase they used on the official site was 2018年再録ベスト・アルバム so I'm guessing the tracks were either re-recorded (again? xD) in 2018 or they are 2018 mixes of the already existing re-recordings....??? Not sure tbh. xD

So I just rechecked the tracklists for those two COLLECTION albums, and it seems that the bonus disk indeed most likely must consist of new re-recordings, cuz 誤sick for instance doesn't appear on either of them, and MATSURI's only there as a live recording

Better than their last single imo... still feels really weird to hear them with (relatively) high production values though lol

By the way, one of the banners on their OHP says something about a CD and the live on September 1st if I'm not wrong? Is it an announcement of some live dist. release or is it just connected to the new album?

Edited by Tokage

1 hour ago, Tokage said:

Better than their last single imo... still feels really weird to hear them with (relatively) high production values though lol

By the way, one of the banners on their OHP says something about a CD and the live on September 1st if I'm not wrong? Is it an announcement of some live dist. release or is it just connected to the new album?

They will distribute a CD called 「廿奇譚リクエストCD」(Nijû kitan request CD) on 2018.09.01. 90% of the songs in the CD will be from their indie period. They will also be re-recorded.

Edited by The Piass

Sign in to follow this