Ozileras10

[HELP] lynch. Hazuki’s Hairstyle

it's a kind of undercut, but he just has a little extra done where his part is and on that one side.

When I used to do mine I just pulled a section at a time up and shaved off the under layer.

Depending on your skull shape though having the back shaved to the skin can make your head look like an alien if you leave a lot on the back and top lol.

I can make a diagram if it's too unclear when I get on the PC

4 minutes ago, karai · ebi said:

it's a kind of undercut, but he just has a little extra done where his part is and on that one side.

When I used to do mine I just pulled a section at a time up and shaved off the under layer.

Depending on your skull shape though having the back shaved to the skin can make your head look like an alien if you leave a lot on the back and top lol.

I can make a diagram if it's too unclear when I get on the PC

Thank youu!!

It’s still a bit unclear tho, that diagram would really help.

Ok so the bright red line is where the 'part' would be, though in his haircut he has a pseudo part (which will possibly require styling and gel or hair fixative depending on your hair type.)
Grey area- is where your long hair remains.

Light red- is where all hair is shaved.

Dotted line- is where your shaved line meets your hair.

It's easiest to think of it like the bowl cut, but you're only removing the underside instead of the top layer. I also found an old picture where you can kind of see in mine, dotted line is up to where I shaved around my entire head.

Mine is more standard, as I did not cut into the part or sides an extra inch.

HBdhYc0.png

I recommend starting out with just the sides to see how your hair behaves with it, or you can go all in like I did lol, but I really fucked up the very first time I tried so proceed with caution :grin:. After you get used to doing it, tapering the sides into the back at varying length can look better than just the flat shaved look. Though it requires more upkeep.

Thank you very much, this really helped!

My hair is really short right now and it’s an undercut hairstyle so I don’t think my hair can look like this anytime soon.

And I’m afraid to cut it myself, I think I might go to a barber 

15 hours ago, karai · ebi said:

Ok so the bright red line is where the 'part' would be, though in his haircut he has a pseudo part (which will possibly require styling and gel or hair fixative depending on your hair type.)
Grey area- is where your long hair remains.

Light red- is where all hair is shaved.

Dotted line- is where your shaved line meets your hair.

It's easiest to think of it like the bowl cut, but you're only removing the underside instead of the top layer. I also found an old picture where you can kind of see in mine, dotted line is up to where I shaved around my entire head.

Mine is more standard, as I did not cut into the part or sides an extra inch.

HBdhYc0.png

I recommend starting out with just the sides to see how your hair behaves with it, or you can go all in like I did lol, but I really fucked up the very first time I tried so proceed with caution :grin:. After you get used to doing it, tapering the sides into the back at varying length can look better than just the flat shaved look. Though it requires more upkeep.

Another question.

Will it work as an undercut?

My wording might've been a little jumbled my bad lol, but it is an undercut, just with very long layers. At his length he should be able to pull it all into a rubber band on the top of his head like an onion.

Similar to this, but a slightly lower shave line. Also he has a bit of extra hair shaved where his bangs start, and above the ear. But otherwise it's the same as regular undercut.

Spoiler

2d3ccead3c0ce3352c6e7f1fca8be642.jpg

Similar kind of cut with no styling (red extra parts he has shaved) and his part line is lower to the side.

Spoiler

NTWsoqd.png

If you mean the kind of undercut with half the hair gone, you could flip it all to one side, this is like what I was going for, but I did not shave off the entire side.

Spoiler

Undercut-with-Long-Bangs.jpg

The Hazuki pic doesn't look like an undercut, it looks like he has some hair on the back. That is currently the hair style I am aiming for as well. I had an undercut for like a year but decided to grow some hair in the back cuz I wanted some better volume when I have my hair down but still look good when tied up.

If I were to describe it to a stylist, I would tell them to get me a mohawk but let the upper part if my hair to grow out.

I went to go try to find more concrete pics since that one was somewhat vague, and I was about to agree with you but then I found this,

Spoiler

5tGfMW9.png

where I can see the shave on the nape peek out. It's difficult to tell on people with thicker hair how much is removed, it was the same on me despite shaving 80% of the back of my head I looked like I had a full head of hair.

I found an old pic, but if I had it grown out 4-5 more inches it would look the same as his. (My part was just on the opposite side)

Spoiler

GijOYlK.png

But I think it's best to just bring some reference photos for the stylist of multiple angles, that's all I ask people to show me when I cut their hair.

14 hours ago, hotcocoa said:

Hazuki definitely doesn't have the undercut, it would show at lives when he moves around and headbangs no matter how much hair product he uses 😉

The shaved part shows really well here 😂

Thanks! I wanted to find something like that. Mystery solved. Long mohawk confirmed.

edit updated mannequin. ( I kept the extra part shaved at the bangs like the first picture, but it's not necessary.)

G69DXvr.png

Edited by karai · ebi

1 hour ago, karai · ebi said:

Thanks! I wanted to find something like that. Mystery solved. Long mohawk confirmed.

edit updated mannequin. ( I kept the extra part shaved at the bangs like the first picture, but it's not necessary.)

G69DXvr.png

I just had my hair cut last night, the back and sides look exactly like in that pic

Edited by JukaForever