suji

[HELP] Nico channel fuckery

So the other day I tried to subscribe to a channel on Nicovideo. However, as many of you know, Nicovideo is very different from Youtube, and before you try to view content from a channel, you're required to pay a subscription fee of 324 yen in order to have access. As I have my own account, I tried that (as the type of card I have is listed as an acceptable payment method) but it would not take my card, even when I had entered my info correctly; I've had a premium membership before, and there were no problems. My card works just fine as I'm a shopaholic. 

So does Nico not accept foreign currency for certain features such as subscriptions? It's unusual since the premium feature accepts it... If there's any known alternatives, please let me know! I really wanna check out this channel just for one video ^^; thanks! ♥

asked about this a few month ago since I've had the same problem (but with the premium upgrade), never got any reply :<
so I'm curious about that too

1 hour ago, Laurence02 said:

I have some Webmoney that I don't use. PM me for details.

Edit: if it can be used, of course.

I don't know if that counts; the only payment methods they'll accept is either a credit card (Mastercard, Visa, JCB, Diners Club, or American Express), docomo, au, Softbank, or Yahoo mobile.

Mastercard is widely accepted in a lot of foreign countries including japan. Softbank is another one generally accepted in most of asia. They should take SoftBank because japan is where it originates from have you tryed using a VPN then logging in and pay from there?

Edited by Axius

40 minutes ago, Axius said:

Mastercard is widely accepted in a lot of foreign countries including japan. Softbank is another one generally accepted in most of asia. They should take SoftBank because japan is where it originates from have you tryed using a VPN then logging in and pay from there?

I entered my Mastercard info and it didn't accept it.

I could try the VPN option, but since I have no other payment method, I doubt that'll even work.

Just now, suji said:

I entered my Mastercard info and it didn't accept it.

I could try the VPN option, but since I have no other payment method, I doubt that'll even work.

The VPN is worth a shot. I know japan sometimes is very anal about people from other countries getting stuff/content from them.

A good one i use is Soft Ether VPN