Spike760

the GazettE

Feels like it was your first show and not theirs if this screaming at weeb shows was news to you. At rock concerts it’s not a given these days that the audience is young and enthusiastic enough to give a shit so if they were in the UK then that’s great.

19 hours ago, yuugure said:

The fans didn't bother me really, if anything the screaming is good because they need to be shown that we want them to come back. Japanese fans are just as bad anyway.

But the phones, jesus fucking christ. Every single gig I go to there's morons holding their arms up like orangutans filming a shitty crusty video they're never going to watch again. The band are LITERALLY RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF THEM. It's unfair for people who actually want to watch the show with their own eyes. It's already hard enough at concerts with tall people, so the phones make it worse. I forced myself in front of a guy towards the end because I just couldn't see because of his disgusting arm.

When I went to see Jack White in London he had a service he uses on tour where you're made to put your phone in a tiny bag that you can only unlock by leaving the room or at the end of the concert. I wish this was compulsory at every show. Just saying "photography/filming forbidden" isn't enough, and they don't enforce it when the show starts anyway. The ability to film needs to literally be taken away from them.

100% agree with the phone thing! That would be amazing, especially as I think it kind of ruins the moment for the person recording as well, like you say, why record a shite video when you can actually just be in the moment and enjoy the show? Like, you wouldn't record 30 seconds of a theatre show or whatever as you're supposed to be engrossed in it, so why do the same for a gig?

17 hours ago, Disposable said:

Feels like it was your first show and not theirs if this screaming at weeb shows was news to you. At rock concerts it’s not a given these days that the audience is young and enthusiastic enough to give a shit so if they were in the UK then that’s great.

Yes, clearly I have never been to a gig or festival in my entire life, given that I actually have been playing in bands (who do shows) since I was about 16....

40 minutes ago, Wakarimashita said:

The gig in Munich has been amazing!!! The crowd was wild and the setlist was very good! I loved how Kai apologized for the little hiccup made by him during 'Ugly' ("Sorry, my mistake!"), made my entire week! 😂

(Even TOMORROW NEVER DIES is enjoyable live!)

Yeah, it was wonderful and the whole atmosphere was insane. I still can't move my neck properly or even talk loudly :D

It made up for all the organizational errors.

Hey y'all, can anyone tell me the man in the picture plastered all over the Doro dareke no seishun PV is?

He's also on the cover of the Kichiku Kyoushi (32sai Dokushin) no Nousatsu Kouza single, but I don't think anyone knows for sure who he is. My best guess is some random teacher they scanned a photo of or something, or possibly some kind of stock photo? There was a thread about it a few years ago actually:

2 minutes ago, StriderSubzero said:

He's also on the cover of the Kichiku Kyoushi (32sai Dokushin) no Nousatsu Kouza single, but I don't think anyone knows for sure who he is. My best guess is some random teacher they scanned a photo of or something, or possibly some kind of stock photo? There was a thread about it a few years ago actually:

I think the dude on this Devil Kitty single is the same one. I know that Devil Kitty and the GazettE were both associated with eachother back in the day, and with Yayoi from La'Miss Fairy, who owned the label the GazettE was signed to. Luciffer's Record used a lot of the same staff that Yayoi's labels used, so it could be one of the staff members. The GazettE single was released in 2002, and the Devil Kitty single was released in 2004, so they're not too far from eachother time-wise.

FWDK-0004.jpg

1 minute ago, StriderSubzero said:

Nice catch! It's hard to say for sure, but it does look like it could be the same dude. That Devil Kitty cover is really weird though; do you know what the title says? 

The title is 不幸自慢, "Fukou Jiman", which according to google translate, means Misery.

Been putting on some lives lately 

In general this three disc set is great 

also nice and they can still go on a good day. I haven't watched BURST INTO A BLAZE 3 yet bust I reckon I'll dl it in the near future if it's around already ( ? )

On 8/1/2019 at 3:53 PM, Disposable said:

Been putting on some lives lately 

In general this three disc set is great 

also nice and they can still go on a good day. I haven't watched BURST INTO A BLAZE 3 yet bust I reckon I'll dl it in the near future if it's around already ( ? )

I really wish that GazettE would do another era themed tour whenever I get a chance to get to Japan, probably won't happen though ha ha I just really liked the idea though of them going back through their eras and centering a few shows around a certain era from the past and then finishing off with the most recent era. 

8 hours ago, Ozileras10 said:

What time?

【MEDIA INFORMATION】

August 18th PM 9:00~ 
NY, PlayStation Theater performance on May 6th will be broadcast on WOWOW Channel! 

Broadcast schedule
August 18th PM 9:00~ 

A powerful performance of the GazettE from two-month-long WORLD TOUR #04 99.999 is must see! 

Proglam information ▷https://www.wowow.co.jp/detail/115553/-/01

On 6/12/2019 at 3:06 PM, yuugure said:

The fans didn't bother me really, if anything the screaming is good because they need to be shown that we want them to come back. Japanese fans are just as bad anyway.

But the phones, jesus fucking christ. Every single gig I go to there's morons holding their arms up like orangutans filming a shitty crusty video they're never going to watch again. The band are LITERALLY RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF THEM. It's unfair for people who actually want to watch the show with their own eyes. It's already hard enough at concerts with tall people, so the phones make it worse. I forced myself in front of a guy towards the end because I just couldn't see because of his disgusting arm.

When I went to see Jack White in London he had a service he uses on tour where you're made to put your phone in a tiny bag that you can only unlock by leaving the room or at the end of the concert. I wish this was compulsory at every show. Just saying "photography/filming forbidden" isn't enough, and they don't enforce it when the show starts anyway. The ability to film needs to literally be taken away from them.

Sounds like the band just needs to take matters into their own hands  (wait for 0:08):

Honestly, I don't mind filming from the crowd in moderation. I personally like to record a few seconds here and there to capture the vibe of the concert, but then put it away and enjoy the show. In regards to band's liking/disliking filming, I get that they want their crowd to be present, but I don't know if I like the idea of "because some fans are ruining it, no one can use their phone." I watch a lot of (relatively) smaller acts live and a lot of them appreciate it when fans record videos and tag them on social media. Many of them will repost fan photos and videos too. Heck, one guy I took a photo of used my photo as his artist profile page on his parent label's web shop site:

PZCLD6l.png

Should we be expecting some new music next year after their 18th anniversary? Or would it be too soon given that there was such a big gap between DOGMA and NINTH? Got excited seeing the teaser for the anniversary on Facebook a couple days ago thinking they were teasing something new.

1 hour ago, Nagisa said:

Should we be expecting some new music next year after their 18th anniversary? Or would it be too soon given that there was such a big gap between DOGMA and NINTH? Got excited seeing the teaser for the anniversary on Facebook a couple days ago thinking they were teasing something new.

They said they had plans to start work on a new album after the final, I think in an interview while in Mexico.