Spike760

the GazettE

13 hours ago, Ro plz said:

The Transition from DIVISION to NINTH is by far one of the best examples of growth. 

Their earlier material is great but i can only listen to em on occasion.

DOGMA Era will always be the best GazettE era. 

Deux>>>>>>> These Niggas's entire discography. 

If anyone has an issue or disagrees, I'm willing to throw hands and probably lose. 

Deux is one of the best songs they’ve ever made. I hope someday we hear a song from them on the same level 

8 hours ago, Ozileras10 said:

Deux is one of the best songs they’ve ever made. I hope someday we hear a song from them on the same level 

Nah, when i heard DEUX, I swore that id be upset at the GazettE if they tried remaking this track again. 

Its literally everything I love about this band fused into one perfect song. 

They certaintly have grown a lot since their indie days. While I can't say that I'm a fan of modern day GazettE, I do like their auditory aesthetics. I think what's seriously lacking though for me is some good melody. We know they can rock hard and their sound is polished, but personally there are maybe only 4-5 tracks between their last 2 albums that I thoroughly enjoyed and remember. It's like they went from making Gazerock to making Gazesthetics.

Edited by ghost

Just taking a moment here to mention how mind-blowing the backing guitar chords are in their album Disorder.

I noticed them during the song "7月8日 (Shichi Gatsu Youka)", but the other songs have these nuances to them as well.

I never took the time to listen to this album as intimately as I did this weekend, and finally noticed how the chords speak on their own, almost as if they are the hidden force being driven here.

I'll forever love DISORDER and nothing they put out will ever top it for me. It's like the definitive album that truly encompasses the style that marks the transition between the early to mid 2000s visual kei sound. 7月8日 is one of the best songs from the previous decade.

Edited by saishuu

Favorite thing that the GazettE has ever released and probably in my top 3 ever vkei releases. From the cover (especially the sleek as hell black and gold limited edition case) to the songs itself, I love it all. Their PSC days were my favorite era and Disorder was like the ultimate agglomeration of everything they had done up until that point.

This was such a personally important album for me too because it was my gateway to trying new bands back in high school. I used to be dead-stuck to bands like Dir en grey and D'espairsRay, but listening to Disorder made me realize there's good talent beyond the 2-3 bands I exclusively listened to. 

Disorder to Nil is probably one of the most jarring transitions a band has gone thru in the span of one album. In comparison, Nil is so sterile. That raw, punk vibe in Disorder was almost completely gone. 

7 hours ago, yuugure said:

The gig in London last night was amazing. Super solid set, both the music and vocals were orgasmic.

They were cool, but holy shit, cringey weeb fans galore.... What would you expect when a Japanese band come here though I guess? :P Like I swear to god, half these people have never been to a gig before, was the same when Dir played, everyone over-reacting like a bunch of babies at their first disco. Here's how it goes:

Ruki: "wooo" - *crowd* "omggggggggggfuckingyesamazingcantcontrolmyseljlkfhfjhfhffff"

*Ruki gets a plastic bottle and sprays water on crowd* - *crowd* "omgfukknwoorterrrrrrrromgholyamazinggodlikefucknidhfjlhiuueeiiiii"

*Reita does gun fingers for like a second* - *crowd* "omggunfingaaazsocoolitsawsummmffffzziu"

*literally nothing happens during the encore* - *crowd starts cheering like the cure to cancer has just been discovered* - *random roadie walks out* LOOOOOOL. haha.

Seriously, I love the bands and the music but the crowd at these gigs are always so horrendously cringe and immature, I'm debating whether to even bother seeing Japanese bands anymore, specially when you have to watch the gig through peoples phones because there are so bloody many blocking your view you can't see shit anyway. ;)

36 minutes ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

They were cool, but holy shit, cringey weeb fans galore.... What would you expect when a Japanese band come here though I guess? :P Like I swear to god, half these people have never been to a gig before, was the same when Dir played, everyone over-reacting like a bunch of babies at their first disco. Here's how it goes:

Ruki: "wooo" - *crowd* "omggggggggggfuckingyesamazingcantcontrolmyseljlkfhfjhfhffff"

*Ruki gets a plastic bottle and sprays water on crowd* - *crowd* "omgfukknwoorterrrrrrrromgholyamazinggodlikefucknidhfjlhiuueeiiiii"

*Reita does gun fingers for like a second* - *crowd* "omggunfingaaazsocoolitsawsummmffffzziu"

*literally nothing happens during the encore* - *crowd starts cheering like the cure to cancer has just been discovered* - *random roadie walks out* LOOOOOOL. haha.

Seriously, I love the bands and the music but the crowd at these gigs are always so horrendously cringe and immature, I'm debating whether to even bother seeing Japanese bands anymore, specially when you have to watch the gig through peoples phones because there are so bloody many blocking your view you can't see shit anyway. ;)

The fans didn't bother me really, if anything the screaming is good because they need to be shown that we want them to come back. Japanese fans are just as bad anyway.

But the phones, jesus fucking christ. Every single gig I go to there's morons holding their arms up like orangutans filming a shitty crusty video they're never going to watch again. The band are LITERALLY RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF THEM. It's unfair for people who actually want to watch the show with their own eyes. It's already hard enough at concerts with tall people, so the phones make it worse. I forced myself in front of a guy towards the end because I just couldn't see because of his disgusting arm.

When I went to see Jack White in London he had a service he uses on tour where you're made to put your phone in a tiny bag that you can only unlock by leaving the room or at the end of the concert. I wish this was compulsory at every show. Just saying "photography/filming forbidden" isn't enough, and they don't enforce it when the show starts anyway. The ability to film needs to literally be taken away from them.

Edited by yuugure

Everyone roared with insane cheers even when it was just the roadies on the stage, lol. But it didn't really bother me too much. I thought it made for a nice, energetic atmosphere.

Edited by monkeybanana4

1 hour ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

I take it you weren't around the scene during the 2005+ years? LOL this was going on constantly. Don't even get me started on the blog posts online during this time.

The lines were cringe for sure, but like @Gesu has stated, we were all those people at one point so we should be a bit more positive about it since those fans are there to support the band just like we are. So long as the GazettE don't shift their music to please the anime otakus/weebs and focus only on anime OPs then we are ok haha.

That photos/video thing, it will get old fast since some fans are seeing them for the first time. Next few shows and I'm sure the numbers will go down.

I never looked at it from this perspective but after realizing that the Japanese get to see 90% of their performances constantly, they don't feel compelled to whip out their devices and sherish the moment like the rest of us internationally (plus the Japanese are respectful and courteous I know I know).