Spike760

the GazettE

Can someone explain the appeal of this bamd to me? I watched a live DVD and while I did like some PVs on Youtube,  the live sounded so generic... 

But that's probably how you appeal to the masses.... 

any live recommendations to convince me otherwise? I watched the dvd with the naked girl on it.

8 minutes ago, Masato said:

Can someone explain the appeal of this bamd to me? I watched a live DVD and while I did like some PVs on Youtube,  the live sounded so generic... 

any live recommendations to convince me otherwise? I watched the dvd with the naked girl on it.

they're skinny

42 minutes ago, Disposable said:

Ruki's a bit chubby if you ask me 

that's just face structure idk????

Reita's 5 % body fat keeps median-skinny for this band low anyway

On 6/18/2018 at 2:01 PM, Masato said:

Ruki amazing vocals, creative, dark, composer

Uruha sexy long legs, pretty face, my lover, amazing composer

aoi charismatic nature, vocals, composer

Reita funny, energetic bassist, vocals

Kai the baby face of the band, the talented drummer

Watch 10th anniversary The decade live at makuhari messi is my all time favourite live.

Music I would recommend start from their beginning till now.

You will see how much their music is filled with constant persistence in making better music for the band and their fans.

The Gazette is all that you would ever want in a band😈

Edited by kiixx

On 6/20/2018 at 4:50 AM, Disposable said:

If you don't like their first two EP's then stop listening to vk 

Well, sorry for thinking it's the worst they've ever released XD

The fucking chord progression in NINTH  is unbelievable.

Even though they didn't end up using a 7-string, you can tell they did their best to make it sound like there was one.

Very cool.

Why does this band change there sound a lot? I honestly welcome this change back in 2015 when it started and even to now. Just a curiosity

Edited by Axius

3 hours ago, Axius said:

Why does this band change there sound a lot? I honestly welcome this change back in 2015 when it started and even to now. Just a curiosity

You can read this particular interview translation here for insight from the members themselves.

http://sorasunao.tumblr.com/post/147285611479/the-gazette-compilation-of-the-most-recent

On 7/9/2018 at 3:35 PM, Saishu said:

I really don’t think they do. 

2005 gazette vs 2012-2018 gazette is very different in my opinion 

Even some singles starting from filth and beauty leading up to the Remember the Urge get heavy but it shows more so in 2012-2018

(Excluding best albums and Toxic because that was just a weird album for me in my opinion and kinda in between idk)

Well yeah, indies Gazette was different, but I feel like there hasn’t really been a significant change since NIL. Even as they’ve gotten heavier, the songwriting still generally follows a very specific formula. Dogma was a slight departure, but only because it was heavy and aggressive for a vast majority of the album. 

I can understand questions regarding the appeal of this band, because to be  honest they really didn't appeal to me much until around Toxic. By the time of Beautiful Deformity I came to see that they're actually a decent band with some good ideas and a desire to keep pushing their music in new directions. I'm still not on board with everything they do (the really early stuff is so sloppy  and limited compared to their later material, while Dogma didn't grab me a great deal), but now I consider them one of my favourites. Really enjoyed Ninth.

Having said that, I'll shed no tears if they announce that the drummer isn't going to be writing any more songs... But that's just me ;)

On 7/13/2018 at 12:17 PM, Saishu said:

Well yeah, indies Gazette was different, but I feel like there hasn’t really been a significant change since NIL. Even as they’ve gotten heavier, the songwriting still generally follows a very specific formula. Dogma was a slight departure, but only because it was heavy and aggressive for a vast majority of the album. 

This is why I can't comprehend people disliking Toxic. 

58 minutes ago, nullmoon said:

I for one loved that album. Probably my favorite album post-Dim. I liked that it was just a casual pop experience with catchy melodies and formulaic songwriting.  A solid guilty pleasure.

But, I still stan the good old Eternal days ガゼット with Yune.

Edited by ghost

1 hour ago, nullmoon said:

I just don’t like a majority of the songs. Maybe five of them actually stand out. 

6 hours ago, Saishu said:

I just don’t like a majority of the songs. Maybe five of them actually stand out. 

Each to their own I guess; I find Beautiful Deformity to be the real snoozefest. 

9 hours ago, nullmoon said:

To me it's all the fucking same too. It might be the most SADS influenced with a certain effort in having lamestream appeal, but you know that's a side of the gazette that was always there, if not present then lying dormant. DIVISION is the one I think has gotten the most unjust treatment as it really is in the continuum of the latest albums from the first song to last. I understand not being into some of their albums if your relationship to gazette is lukewarm anyway, but having a hard-on for any post-DIM album while despising another is just silly.