Spike760

the GazettE

I forgot this is pretty much the only place where you can say 2011-2013 were the most lackluster years for Gazette without stans getting all weird and defensive. 

Fuck. 

A few thoughts after watching Abyss/Lucy:

The Abyss tracklist is incredible, I also thought I wouldn't enjoy Lucy as much because of the choice of songs but the performance was super fun and they have great stage presence. It hit me again how much they have grown as musicians, Ruki's voice is very polished now in comparison but not in a negative way I think.  

Favorite performances from Abyss: Burial applicant and then every single one from Deux down to Dogma. The new Taion sounds very good live. I may be 100% back to stanning gazette. 

They did an interview today, and ruki said that Dogma was too concept based and that they want Ninth to be different from Dogma. 

Something along these lines.

I hope we get previews soon coz I’m really excited

24 minutes ago, 123Sandman321 said:

Ruki wanting to branch out brought us Beautiful Deformity, so I'm more and more skeptical

Lol, exactly what I was thinking of with my post. 

1 hour ago, EvilHippy said:

Could someone explain why it's usually Ruki who gets all criticism for those interviews about new songs/music direction?

To my understanding, Ruki -- as the "frontman" -- has a ton of sway over the direction of the band. In one notable interview that's been mentioned here before, Aoi made it clear that Ruki would tell the band "hey let's do something different musically" and would give the band a direction as well as maintain final say for what is put on the album.

In one instance, Aoi said he wrote a song for a future release, presented it to Ruki as a potential song to work on, and Ruki shot it down as being "too different" and they scrapped the song.

Edited by geist

Aoi's almost left too because he felt he wasn't contributing anything musically, and didn't like being told how to play guitar. (I got that from the interview with Uruha in his R&R, I'll have to look for the link to it.) So I'm hoping that it doesn't get to the point where he feels the same and he actually just leaves. Aoi writes very emotional songs, but they're very good and I wish Ruki let the others have more input. 

edit: here it is

Edited by heresytrash
adding link

I will keep repeating this: Aoi wrote Yoin, which is one of my absolute favorite Gazette songs. Thank god Ruki wasn’t an idiot about that one. 

12 hours ago, Manji 卍 said:

if any of the members have different ideas that can't be explore on the band,

they can simply go to a side project. 

Or Ruki can stop being such a dictator. 

I mean, going by the songs the other guys have written, it’s not like they’re writing polka or country music. Maybe Ruki should have taken his EDM and R&B influences elsewhere? I don’t know. 

Anyway I thought Kai was “leader-sama”. What’s the deal with that?

5 minutes ago, Saishu said:

nothing special, he's just an assigned person that management/label communicates through.

5 hours ago, Jeen said:

For DOGMA they posted previews 2 weeks before release. We are a week before NINTH and still nothing :(

they don't want fangirlies to cancel preorders on a rushed, disjointed album probably.

Edited by nekkichi

43 minutes ago, Saishu said:

The deal is Ruki was all "let's management bother this dude and keep them off my back while I write".

13 hours ago, Manji 卍 said:

if any of the members have different ideas that can't be explore on the band,

they can simply go to a side project. 

I don't agree with this statement one bit and i'm under the assumption it comes from the fact that maybe the scene has gotten TOO used to side projects lately. Doing side projects shouldn't be used as a cop out, ESPECIALLY to a reoccurring problem. Its dismissive in this case, especially since we have clear evidence that its effected one of the members negatively. 

3 hours ago, nekkichi said:

they don't want fangirlies to cancel preorders on a rushed, disjointed album probably.

Then they wouldn’t be fangirlies!

One small part from the interview yesterday!

Lol Am i the only one that has an idea who they’re talking about? 🧐

In that aspect, the GazettE is constantly „visual kei“, right?
Reita: If you drop the make up once, I don‘t get it why you‘d start again.
Ruki: I know right
Aoi: Aren‘t you really bitchy today?! (lol)
Ruki: let‘s be bitchy!

11 hours ago, Ozileras10 said:

In that aspect, the GazettE is constantly „visual kei“, right?
Reita: If you drop the make up once, I don‘t get it why you‘d start again.
Ruki: I know right
Aoi: Aren‘t you really bitchy today?! (lol)
Ruki: let‘s be bitchy!

they're dragging Dir en grey and lesser acts like mucc or 12012 who drop glamoured up looks and start balding hardcore only to invest in weaves and mascara again once their sales nosedive.

Edited by nekkichi

I'll be buying the cheapest option, which is a digital copy on iTunes. Just in case this really as bad as everyone is making it to be lol.

Are people still doing that thing where we don't upload the album  for two weeks? 

4 hours ago, nekkichi said:

they're dragging Dir en grey and lesser acts like mucc or 12012 who drop glamoured up looks and start balding hardcore only to invest in weaves and mascara again once their sales nosedive.

Lol that’s what I was thinking