Spike760

the GazettE

10 hours ago, Ozileras10 said:

TOMORROW NEVER DIES a fan favorite?

Lol, they really do have an odd taste in music

TOMORROW NEVER DIES is a fan favorite I believe because of the message. It's a song Ruki wrote for fans and encouraging them not to commit suicide, that it's not the answer even if life is hard. So I'm thinking that's part of the reason why people love it so much, even if the song itself isn't so great. At least two of my friends within the fandom have TOMORROW NEVER DIES tattooed on them.

23 hours ago, heresytrash said:

While DOGMA was good in it's own aspect, it's one of those albums that I feel is best heard LIVE. I didn't like the actual song DOGMA until I saw them in LA, and my friend didn't really like the album as a whole until she went to DOGMATIC-UN. I don't feel DOGMA caused them to gain any new fans at all, if at all it wasn't much. The fandom has always been pretty big.

Also NINTH was said to be DOGMA 2.0 which I hope isn't the case. Also I'm just really hoping that Aoi and the others got to compose songs on NINTH, rather it being just Ruki's vision.

Dogma and ugly were recommended to lots of people by YouTube ( even non vk fans) 

I read some comments on dogma and ugly.  Some new fans were asking for recommendations for similar songs to dogma and ugly from the gazette .

So I think they have gained about ( 5 to 10 ) new fans. Cause sure not all people will like visual kei. And not all people are into metal.  

U can see some YouTube channels react to gazette videos. 

They said they like how the band mixes different genres together and it's impressive.  

There is this channel ( bald man)  he is a new fan he likes the gazette a lot. 

And yeah I hope ruki let other members to participate in composing songs.  Not because ruki Is a bad composer.  But I would like them to participate more like old days . But we sure don't know about what is going on with them.  Maybe aoi and uruha they don't want to.  Or they don't have new ideas.  So I don't really know.  I can't judge something I know nothing about.  But I hope really ninth album to be strong.  Powerful and different.  

But I read before that they compose every song together. I dunno if it's true or not.  

And that deracine was composed by uruha.  And grudge . Wasteland  were composed by aoi.  

Tomorrow never dies I don't think it's fan favorite. But maybe some fans like it. 

2 hours ago, AyaRukiA said:

Dogma and ugly were recommended to lots of people by YouTube ( even non vk fans) 

I read some comments on dogma and ugly.  Some new fans were asking for recommendations for similar songs to dogma and ugly from the gazette .

So I think they have gained about ( 5 to 10 ) new fans. Cause sure not all people will like visual kei. And not all people are into metal.  

U can see some YouTube channels react to gazette videos. 

They said they like how the band mixes different genres together and it's impressive.  

There is this channel ( bald man)  he is a new fan he likes the gazette a lot. 

And yeah I hope ruki let other members to participate in composing songs.  Not because ruki Is a bad composer.  But I would like them to participate more like old days . But we sure don't know about what is going on with them.  Maybe aoi and uruha they don't want to.  Or they don't have new ideas.  So I don't really know.  I can't judge something I know nothing about.  But I hope really ninth album to be strong.  Powerful and different.  

But I read before that they compose every song together. I dunno if it's true or not.  

And that deracine was composed by uruha.  And grudge . Wasteland  were composed by aoi.  

Tomorrow never dies I don't think it's fan favorite. But maybe some fans like it. 

It's not that Uruha doesn't want to, he does already. I'm talking about Reita and Kai, but maybe they don't care. It's Aoi who actually does, because they've talked about it before how he feels that his music doesn't shine in the GazettE. In his latest HERESY interview he mentions Ruki wanted something different for the NINTH, but when Aoi showed him what he did he would be like "Well, that's too different." It seems that no matter what Aoi brings to the table, it's shot down and it's a shame because he does compose great songs in my opinion.

It's part of the reason Aoi wanted to leave in the first place, that was around TOXIC/DIVISION.

Interview or a session with his therapist? I wonder if things in the band have changed since then and if he's talked to the other members about how he feels. I had no idea Aoi was such a negative guy who thought so little of himself. 

19 minutes ago, platy said:

Interview or a session with his therapist? I wonder if things in the band have changed since then and if he's talked to the other members about how he feels. I had no idea Aoi was such a negative guy who thought so little of himself. 

It's been a while, in a rock and read interview Uruha mentioned that Aoi got over it. 

Ooh aoi I feel so sad after reading this interview . He has to know we all need him to be in gazette forever.  I can't imagine gazette without him. I know he did this interview long time ago.  But it is still sad. But really most of comments on gazette videos are about how much people love aoi ~♥~ 

This part when he said 

People..  Want me? 

Reminded me when reita said people they don't care about me.  I don't know if he said it as a joke or not.  

But I need both of them to know how much we love them we care about them. And we want them to be in gazette.  There would be no gazette without them.  ♥

Edited by AyaRukiA

really had no idea aoi felt like that. this part especially broke me:

DZKahd3UQAAv4AP.jpg

really hope he's doing better since then, he's such a crucial part

6 hours ago, heresytrash said:

It's not that Uruha doesn't want to, he does already. I'm talking about Reita and Kai, but maybe they don't care. It's Aoi who actually does, because they've talked about it before how he feels that his music doesn't shine in the GazettE. In his latest HERESY interview he mentions Ruki wanted something different for the NINTH, but when Aoi showed him what he did he would be like "Well, that's too different." It seems that no matter what Aoi brings to the table, it's shot down and it's a shame because he does compose great songs in my opinion.

It's part of the reason Aoi wanted to leave in the first place, that was around TOXIC/DIVISION.

I hope he will compose some of ninth tracks.  I know he is a great composer.  

https://www.facebook.com/notes/tgf-the-gazette-fans/interview-rock-and-read-vol067-feat-uruha/1249739908424634/

This is the interview where Uruha mentions Aoi having a hard time and how he sort of came out of it. So it seems that Aoi's gotten a lot better in most recent times, but he's always been the more emotional member out of the five of them.

Hey a little late to the discussion but I was the one that leaked Uroboros and it did no harm other than “annoy” Kaoru. They still ended up selling enough copies to make the US Billboard charts. 

I just listened to the new taion . They have changed the song a lot.  But I like it.  I avoided listening to it cause I thought it would be the same as the old one.  But I really like it.  I like both the old and the new one.  And the screaming part is amazing .ruki used his sexy voice to the new one.  It sounds more dark than the old one.  I can't stop listening to it ♡♡♡~♥~♡♡♡

I thought Traces was pretty good as background noise for meditation or studies. It doesn't deserve that much hate at all. Taion is a hundred times better now that the awful engrish has been taken out of it.

15 minutes ago, platy said:

I thought Traces was pretty good as background noise for meditation or studies. It doesn't deserve that much hate at all. Taion is a hundred times better now that the awful engrish has been taken out of it.

👆👏👏👍

I agree 

U just explained what I wanted to say it doesn't deserve that much hate at all.  I read hateful and negative comments on it.  But really it is a good album. I like that they used Japanese more than Engrish.  Everything about it .is perfect. 

It's gotten a negative response because it comes across as little more than a quick cash grab from the band and/or the record label. The fact that they didn't even bring someone in to help mix the album tells me little care was put into it, and it's why the mix sounds so lifeless and muddled. Half of those songs didn't even need to be re-recorded. Shiroi Yuutsu? Pledge? Untitled? Why? 

1 hour ago, Ozileras10 said:

The only problem I have with Traves vol2 is the production, God it sounds so bad

My only complaint about it was the lack of acoustic guitar in the beginning of Cassis, but I do like that they decided to end it without it fading out and just do Aoi's regular ending he usually does live.

Taion was pretty good, but I don't listen to it as often as the originals.

9 hours ago, platy said:

Using MIDI Drums instead of using your actual drummer is strike one and two. Its VERY obvious Kai did nothing to contribute to this. Aoi knows how to work Ezdrummer and a lot of the drums sounded like they were missing that human touch.  Also Kai was NOT present during the interview that dropped where the other members talked about recording Traces. 

Not even bothering to bring in someone to mix/master the project is strike 3. They also straight up said that they didn't know what they were doing a lot of the time. 

If this was someone's solo work then sure, id let it slide because admittedly it sounds decent. But its worth only a few listens till you decide you're better off listening to the studio versions or even better yet, the live versions. 

Traces deserves all the flack it gets. 

Edited by Ro plz

I get that it was all kinds of messy. But the thing is my hopes were very low from the start, it's a given in vk that re-recordings will rarely be well received be it because they're just cash grabs or in this case, a super amateur attempt at remastering a mostly underwhelming collection of songs. I don't think anyone should've expected some masterpiece in the first place (even though these are individuals who've been in the industry for 15+ years and should know better) . So personally, Traces vol. 2 met my expectations just fine. 

What I do wanna see though, is an interview with Kai where he openly talks about being replaced by some midi files and whose decision was it to do that. 

As someone who has dabbled in both live and electronic music production, it is often way faster and easier to get a talented drummer to do a few takes for 15-20 minutes than to not only paint every single drum hit into a DAW but also to painstakingly alter the velocity, panning, reverb, EQ, etc of each hit so it sounds real.

Perhaps Kai was having issues in his personal life that prevented him from being present in the studio.

Tesseract’s album Altered State has drums that are partly programmed by the guitarist Acle, and partly played on a digital pad by the drummer himself because they didn’t have the time and money to record live drums. So if Traces Vol 2 was a quick cash grab, not having Kai come in to record is entirely feasible.