Spike760

the GazettE

38 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

Same here! NIL overall is one of my favorite albums.

NIL and DISORDER share the same spot as my favorite albums. Carry? Is one of my favorite songs in the latter, it barely gets mentioned ever and I'm going to guess it's because the whole thing is sung in Engrish and could easily  be considered a disaster lol

As for Zeus said in the Other topic.

it would be great to not share for at least 2 weeks.

but for gazette i would say not sharing at least 6~8 weeks.

But I doubt their selling goes up.

It's a long living band with many fans who collect every release already...

but maybe itunes purchase goes up!

Not sharing it's more showing the band some respect. (*_*;

I'm half and half on Nil. It has some of their best work imo like "Taion", and "Baretta" and "Nausea and Shudder" as you guys have mentioned. But tracks like "生暖かい雨とざらついた情熱", "Shadow" and "Silly God Disco" are so forgetable and don't fit with the tone of those aforementioned tracks. And I think Kareuta should have totally replaced cassis!

I feel like it maybe doesn't get talked about as much because Stacked Rubbish was released like only a year after and it generated more buzz because of tracks like the hilarious "Agony" and because of the various RnB/rap influences the album used. At least, I remember it being a polarizing album because of it's somewhat extreme style shift. I also think the "Filth in the beauty" PV helped them gain more attention internationally. I often saw this PV being compared to other Dir en grey's PVs for graphic content, lyrics, and etc..

Disorder takes place first place for me though. I still think it's their most original album and it marked the height of their punk rock sound which is my favorite Gazera. It took the foundation of their past work like hardcore punk rock, heavy riffs, experimental electronics, catchy pop hooks, and japonesque melodies and compacted it into one album.

1 hour ago, platy said:

Carry?

Yaaaaaaas

Actually I like most of their albums ♡ so it's really hard to decide. My favorite album are. 

1- dogma 

2- Dim

3- stacked rubbish 

4- disorder 

5-cockayne soup 

It seems like everyone is forgetting about their song ( おくり火) okuribi 

I dunno why.  But imo it's really a great song.  

54 minutes ago, AyaRukiA said:

Actually I like most of their albums ♡ so it's really hard to decide. My favorite album are. 

1- dogma 

2- Dim

3- stacked rubbish 

4- disorder 

5-cockayne soup  

Wow, I thought I was the only one who liked Dogma the most lol

Mine would look something like:

1. Dogma

2. DIM

3. Spermargarita

4. NIL

5. Disorder

1 hour ago, BrenGun said:

As for Zeus said in the Other topic.

it would be great to not share for at least 2 weeks.

but for gazette i would say not sharing at least 6~8 weeks.

But I doubt their selling goes up.

It's a long living band with many fans who collect every release already...

but maybe itunes purchase goes up!

Not sharing it's more showing the band some respect. (*_*;

I'll be completely honest right now: unless this goes viral and somehow everyone agrees not to share it for two weeks, I expect to see zero change because people will just share it somewhere else.

19 minutes ago, Zeus said:

I'll be completely honest right now: unless this goes viral and somehow everyone agrees not to share it for two weeks, I expect to see zero change because people will just share it somewhere else.

Because they are too famous.

Only maybe itunes sales can go up.

But if music blogs could write about the idea so that it goes viral, maybe then something could be noticed.

But I also think illegal sharing don't hurt the bigger bands that much. 

But for this 2weeks no share idea, we need people to push it viral. 

NIL is a pretty great album. Nausea & Shudder, D.L.N, and 体温 are just amazing. It's my third favorite after DIM and 大日本異端芸者的脳味噌逆回転絶叫音源集 (if that counts). 

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

I think so too. People will find sites that will share it.

For a band like the GazettE it won’t work,

but it might work for smaller bands

1.  Disorder

2. Akuyuukai

3. Cockayne Soup

4. Hankou Seimeibun

5. Madara

6. Spermargarita

7. Gama

And aside from Gama, Taion and 2-3 tracks off Dim I don't like anything this band did after 2004.

I kinda agree a bit with Ghost. I don't hear any hardcore punk influences on Disorder or any of their other releases, but I do enjoy the general punk influences and punky attitude of a lot of the songs made up until 2004. The riffs, the productions on every release, Ruki's nasal voice, the general chaos of the releases. In one way they seem like compilations as they are all over the place and seem kinda unfocused, but in another way they've managed to melt all these different influences and sounds together. Stitched it up real well.

Disorder ranks among my favourite Japanese albums ener. A complete masterpiece!

15 hours ago, geist said:

Wow, I thought I was the only one who liked Dogma the most lol

Mine would look something like:

1. Dogma

2. DIM

3. Spermargarita

4. NIL

5. Disorder

Dogma is a masterpiece 

Metalcore + gazette = one of my dreams came true I've always  wanted them to be a metalcore band.  

It has many great tracks like ( dogma.  Lucy.  Ominous. Blemish.  Deux. Deracine) 

14 hours ago, Ozileras10 said:

I think so too. People will find sites that will share it.

For a band like the GazettE it won’t work,

but it might work for smaller bands

This was my thought too. It will make NO impact on bigger bands, but it might on smaller bands.

I think the size of the band is irrelevant. I'm only proposing we do this with this one release to get some hard data on piracy, our impact, and our place in the scene (instead of hypothetical outcomes, since that is all we have available to us right now). No one in the scene has ever bothered to do something like this before, because there's always been a trade of new music for internet status. As long as one person in the scene thinks they can get net cred for being the first to share "NINTH", it will spread on the internet like wildfire. It doesn't need to be an international fan because the leaks can come from within Japan too! Even if the staff deletes links for the first two weeks, other sites don't have to do this, and I'm really not expecting every single blog and site out there to comply with my proposal. That would be madness. We have no control over anything not on MH.

You can consider yesterday's proposal a test of the patience and cooperation of the entire scene. Can we hold out for two weeks? Is piracy an everyday part of the scene that we must accept? Can we even survive as a scene if we're at a two week lag? As obvious as the answers may seem, we don't know for certain.

15 hours ago, Bear said:

. I don't hear any hardcore punk influences on Disorder or any of their other releases, but

Maybe not hardcore, but, you know, heavier than classic punk

4 hours ago, Zeus said:

I think the size of the band is irrelevant. I'm only proposing we do this with this one release to get some hard data on piracy, our impact, and our place in the scene (instead of hypothetical outcomes, since that is all we have available to us right now). No one in the scene has ever bothered to do something like this before, because there's always been a trade of new music for internet status. As long as one person in the scene thinks they can get net cred for being the first to share "NINTH", it will spread on the internet like wildfire. It doesn't need to be an international fan because the leaks can come from within Japan too! Even if the staff deletes links for the first two weeks, other sites don't have to do this, and I'm really not expecting every single blog and site out there to comply with my proposal. That would be madness. We have no control over anything not on MH.

You can consider yesterday's proposal a test of the patience and cooperation of the entire scene. Can we hold out for two weeks? Is piracy an everyday part of the scene that we must accept? Can we even survive as a scene if we're at a two week lag? As obvious as the answers may seem, we don't know for certain.

Unfortunately it'll always be an issue, it happened with BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY came out where even the band noticed that links were being shared before the actual release date. Same as DOGMA. 

orz

I'm worried about what will happen, especially since Ruki tweeted last night about something with Apple and LP. Not sure what it said, but it might effect album sales?

4 hours ago, heresytrash said:

I'm worried about what will happen, especially since Ruki tweeted last night about something with Apple and LP. Not sure what it said, but it might effect album sales?

The Forbes article he was tweeting about had to do with iTunes discontinuing their “iTunes LP” feature that barely anyone utilised; it was Apple’s attempt to make the digital music experience more interactive. RUKI went on to mourn the decline of the CD format. He’s worried about the future of music packaging because he’s clearly never heard of something called vinyl!

1 minute ago, Seimeisen said:

The Forbes article he was tweeting about had to do with iTunes discontinuing their “iTunes LP” feature that barely anyone utilised; it was Apple’s attempt to make the digital music experience more interactive. RUKI went on to mourn the decline of the CD format. He’s worried about the future of music packaging because he’s clearly never heard of something called vinyl!

That makes more sense then. I wish the GazettE would do vinyl, but it'd be very expensive too. .__.

I barely use Itunes anymore unless I want to listen to stuff that isn't on my Spotify anyway. But I guess I do like the packaging in CD's too, I like to hold them in my hand and look at them-but that's just me. 

2 hours ago, heresytrash said:

That makes more sense then. I wish the GazettE would do vinyl, but it'd be very expensive too. .__.

I barely use Itunes anymore unless I want to listen to stuff that isn't on my Spotify anyway. But I guess I do like the packaging in CD's too, I like to hold them in my hand and look at them-but that's just me. 

Funny thing is, it'd probably be cheaper than their deluxe edition CDs.

2 hours ago, Seimeisen said:

RUKI went on to mourn the decline of the CD format. He’s worried about the future of music packaging because he’s clearly never heard of something called vinyl!

He might as well move onto the format already. With each new album the packaging gets obnoxiously larger. If we're being honest, every release after Dim is just a glorified box for the actual CD packaging:

• Dogma had an enormous box but the actual discs lived inside another CD digipack
  • Beautiful Deformity was also a giant box with CD digipack (allbeit, the box is cool although annoying to store)
  • Division and Toxic  were really just photo books (which was done as far back as Verwelkcanneverspellthenameofthisbook).

Ruki should get more into the medium. In a lot of ways, there's so much more he could do in terms of creativity. These are some of my favorite vinyl packaging:

Katamari Damacy Soundtrack

Spoiler

• Swirl Vinyl
  • Clear screen printed sleeves

6-KatamariDamacy-FrontDiscs_1024x1024.jpg?v=1521522413

Blak - Between Darkness and Light

Spoiler

• Holographic Slipcase
  • A-side/B-side effect with splatter

R-11400795-1515669706-4188.jpeg.jpg

R-11400795-1515669706-7755.jpeg.jpg

Gremlins Soundtrack

Spoiler

• UV sensitive gatefold jacket
  • Vinyl sleeves that reveal extra art when dampened
  • Swirl vinyl

Gremlins_FC_BL_1024x1024.jpg?v=1479855291

Gremlins_S2_WW_1024x1024.jpg?v=1479855291

Grem_discs_1024x1024.jpg?v=1479855291

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me Soundtrack

Spoiler
  • Di-cut slipcase
  • Red swirl vinyl

Twin-Peaks_FWWM_FC_1024x1024.jpg?v=1485367397

5FireWalkWithMe_1024x1024.jpg?v=1485367397

Perturbator - Dangerous Days

Spoiler

• Glow-in-the-dark vinyl

R-6458274-1419756264-8929.jpeg.jpg

R-6458274-1419756270-5673.jpeg.jpg

Robert Parker - Crystal City

Spoiler

• Holographic sleeve (like the Dim slipcase)
  • Orange splatter vinyl

R-10247382-1494077607-8182.jpeg.jpg

R-10247382-1494077627-7819.jpeg.jpg

Edited by ghost

4 hours ago, Ozileras10 said:

If I’m reading the Oricon Chart correctly, Dogma sold less than BD, Division and Toxic!

I thought Dogma sold way more than those 3

unless they keep making anime intro/outro songs, their CD sales will be stuck within same fanbase that seemingly loses interest over time as well/prefers the itunes purchases to a boxed copy (I think they're releasing several editions for ninth to counteract this trend too.)

their fans also have odd taste, dogma doesn't have anything like TOMORROW NEVER DIES which is a fan favorite, but for me it's one of their worst songs ever.

Edited by nekkichi

I'm sure that NINTH will be as good as DOGMA,but at the same time i feel like I won't be surprised with the new tracks. Different than dir en grey's upcoming album, which I have no idea about how the whole thing  is going to sound like until ningen kaburu give us some clue

Edited by Manji 卍

Dogma is about to get 1m views on vevo 

I hope their ninth album to be more powerful than dogma.

I like dogma but I want their new album to be better and different.  

I have one question.  

Do I have to watch the whole video everytime I want to get them views? 

I actually think they gained more fans because of dogma. 

Edited by AyaRukiA

6 hours ago, AyaRukiA said:

Dogma is about to get 1m views on vevo 

I hope their ninth album to be more powerful than dogma.

I like dogma but I want their new album to be better and different.  

I have one question.  

Do I have to watch the whole video everytime I want to get them views? 

I actually think they gained more fans because of dogma. 

While DOGMA was good in it's own aspect, it's one of those albums that I feel is best heard LIVE. I didn't like the actual song DOGMA until I saw them in LA, and my friend didn't really like the album as a whole until she went to DOGMATIC-UN. I don't feel DOGMA caused them to gain any new fans at all, if at all it wasn't much. The fandom has always been pretty big.

Also NINTH was said to be DOGMA 2.0 which I hope isn't the case. Also I'm just really hoping that Aoi and the others got to compose songs on NINTH, rather it being just Ruki's vision.