Spike760

the GazettE

in other news the gazette have trolled us all and GODDESS isnt a ballad

its still fucking awesome and the chorus may or may not have made me cry

Yes, I was like GODDESS meh... but not.

Such troll band, and I really loved the single.

in other news the gazette have trolled us all and GODDESS isnt a ballad

its still fucking awesome and the chorus may or may not have made me cry

Hmm that makes me more interested in hearing it. Is it like GRUDGE on the DOGMA preview? Or OMINOUS (゚∀゚)?

I also read somewhere that some people at the concert in Mexico were recording with their phones during the concert and the band members were not pleased with that. 

Can we take a moment to pause and ask ourselves why this bothers bands? Like it's not like you are getting anything more than some shitty video with blown out sound - you can't sell it, you can post it on youtube and get like 10 views, or your could post it on facebook for your friends to like and your aunt to continue to think that your parents raised you wrong.

Only reasons I can think of is that either the band is incredibly vain so they only want the best (i.e. high processed and edited) stuff of them to be put out in to the world OR they just suck so hard that they don't want people showing the proof of it.

Can we take a moment to pause and ask ourselves why this bothers bands? Like it's not like you are getting anything more than some shitty video with blown out sound - you can't sell it, you can post it on youtube and get like 10 views, or your could post it on facebook for your friends to like and your aunt to continue to think that your parents raised you wrong.

Only reasons I can think of is that either the band is incredibly vain so they only want the best (i.e. high processed and edited) stuff of them to be put out in to the world OR they just suck so hard that they don't want people showing the proof of it.

So many shots fired in all directions. Haha.

OR perhaps the respectful thing to do while at a concert is to listen to their music and enjoy seeing the band in person.

I can see/respect if this information about them is verified. Our generation has reached the point where mobile devices take over our lives.

Instead of seeing the band with your OWN eyes, you're looking at them through a camera?

Could be a Japanese/Asian/Outside North America thing? I know some Canadian bands that repost other users instagram posts and credit and thank them.

There's a clip of Gazette performing in South

America where Ruki wants the audience to be quiet before they start playing Shiver. It's kind of ridiculous. These people finally get to see Gazette live and Ruki wants a sea of emotionless dolls like you see in Japan.

So many shots fired in all directions. Haha.

OR perhaps the respectful thing to do while at a concert is to listen to their music and enjoy seeing the band in person.

I can see/respect if this information about them is verified. Our generation has reached the point where mobile devices take over our lives.

Instead of seeing the band with your OWN eyes, you're looking at them through a camera?

This, really. I've been going to concerts for the past 10 years and I've seen it evolve. Personally I find it one of the most annoying things when the first few rows of a venue are just people standing there with their phones up. It obstructs the view from people behind them + they get mad at you when you accidentally hit them because of a pit or a rowdy crowd. I've seen people literally watch the shows through their phones and cameras while the band's performing right in front of them. Like, go home and watch a live DVD instead? I understand the need to record at least something to make it feel like you've been there. A lasting memory. But full shows? I'm usually in the middle of crowds when I go to gigs, and I'd rather not have to watch out for someone's iphone crashing to the floor, or someone's nasty stares when they can't keep their phones still.

There's a clip of Gazette performing in South

America where Ruki wants the audience to be quiet before they start playing Shiver. It's kind of ridiculous. These people finally get to see Gazette live and Ruki wants a sea of emotionless dolls like you see in Japan.

I'm fairly sure that's just called "setting the atmosphere" rather than "shut the fuck up, don't move, and fucking listen to mmmeeeeee." It's a type of respect to go along with what the band asks you to do for certain songs. Screaming and yelling is ridiculous imo too. Reminds me of when Dir en grey "demands" the crowd to be quiet for Kyo's acapella parts and every now and then there's this bunch of screaming fangirls who can't read situations. It ruins the moment. It really does.

Singing along to songs? Now that shows something.

I'm fairly sure that's just called "setting the atmosphere" rather than "shut the fuck up, don't move, and fucking listen to mmmeeeeee." It's a type of respect to go along with what the band asks you to do for certain songs. Screaming and yelling is ridiculous imo too. Reminds me of when Dir en grey "demands" the crowd to be quiet for Kyo's acapella parts and every now and then there's this bunch of screaming fangirls who can't read situations. It ruins the moment. It really does.

Can we be friends? Haha.

Don't even get me started on the ONE OK ROCK and DEG concerts I've been to recently. If it wasn't for the venues being so amazing (and the beer selection), I'd have a fit.

I go to Lives to finally be in the same place as the band that I have mad respect for and to see/hear them with my own eyes/ears, in the comfort of my hometown.

I dunno, I guess I'm just a calm person. I do respect the Japanese people enough to do as they do/ask, and honestly its beautiful seeing someone from overseas behave the way these bands do.

It would be nice to go to a concert in japan and enjoy, from what I've heard from friends over there, one of the BEST concert experiences I will ever experience in my life.

This, really. I've been going to concerts for the past 10 years and I've seen it evolve. Personally I find it one of the most annoying things when the first few rows of a venue are just people standing there with their phones up. It obstructs the view from people behind them + they get mad at you when you accidentally hit them because of a pit or a rowdy crowd. I've seen people literally watch the shows through their phones and cameras while the band's performing right in front of them. Like, go home and watch a live DVD instead? I understand the need to record at least something to make it feel like you've been there. A lasting memory. But full shows? I'm usually in the middle of crowds when I go to gigs, and I'd rather not have to watch out for someone's iphone crashing to the floor, or someone's nasty stares when they can't keep their phones still.

Telling a crowd of people to be quiet for Shiver? It's not a ballad, in fact, it being an anime theme makes it a popular song that people are going to go apeshit over as soon as they hear the first chord. Whether Gazette likes it or not different cultures react differently to live shows. Dir en grey has had the experience and know what to expect from audiences outside Japan, Gazette are still timid about the whole thing. But, hey, they're okay with putting their albums in U.S. iTunes though!

i agree with a lot of the viewpoints in the topic

i find japan lives seem really rigid and thats not my personal taste for a show, but at the same time western lives are too loose, with the odd drunk singing off key behind ur ear ruining the song and people fucking crowd surfing unnecissarily and doing another annoying shit and overall just not being conscious of others

the phone thing is annoying though, im trying to have fun and dance around not worry about ur fucking footage bro like a pic or short clip is fine but put it down after a while plz or just go to the back.

i agree with a lot of the viewpoints in the topic

i find japan lives seem really rigid and thats not my personal taste for a show, but at the same time western lives are too loose, with the odd drunk singing off key behind ur ear ruining the song and people fucking crowd surfing unnecissarily and doing another annoying shit and overall just not being conscious of others

the phone thing is annoying though, im trying to have fun and dance around not worry about ur fucking footage bro like a pic or short clip is fine but put it down after a while plz or just go to the back.

They crowd surf like crazy at lives in Japan too, especially at all the smaller venues i have been to.

I don't think the GazettE putting albums to US Itunes is really anything. And even now as I write this, I just now realized that none of their releases chart on US itunes vs many places in the EU and they do their absolute best to go out of their way to thank them as well. However this could be due to leaks/the releases coming out a lil while after people already got their hands on a leak or whatnot, etc. So maybe they do feel like there isn't much of a demand based on that as well? But still, the US makes it known that we want them there. I believe it was J-MELO (twice) where it showed the places that demanded they come and US was on it. 

none of their releases chart on US iTunes

I know you're probably just talking about Top 10 charts, but when BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY was released, it reached 156 in the top 200 overall on the US iTunes store (source). I know that's nothing compared to the albums charting in the top ten on iTunes metal charts in various European countries, but it's still something. I didn't check to see if DOGMA made the charts, but I remember seeing it on the "new releases page" when it was released.

I know you're probably just talking about Top 10 charts, but when BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY was released, it reached 156 in the top 200 overall on the US iTunes store (source). I know that's nothing compared to the albums charting in the top ten on iTunes metal charts in various European countries, but it's still something. I didn't check to see if DOGMA made the charts, but I remember seeing it on the "new releases page" when it was released.

Hmm, maybe leaks/piracy are really rampant in the US? I've heard that people don't really pirate things in Japan. But then again anyone with an Internet connection can access them, so it is probably not that. Would be interesting to find out what accounts for this disparity. 

Well, piracy is pretty much how j-rock reached the US, and I'm pretty certain that's how most fans still get a hold of it. Importing is super expensive, so people resort to getting the music by other means. You would think more bands would put their music on iTunes as a cheaper and legal alternative for fans to buy the music.

I pointed out Gazette putting music on US iTunes because it wasn't there for the longest time. I thought maybe they finally realized they have a following over here, but they still won't tour, so whatever.

Hmm, maybe leaks/piracy are really rampant in the US? I've heard that people don't really pirate things in Japan. But then again anyone with an Internet connection can access them, so it is probably not that. Would be interesting to find out what accounts for this disparity. 

Piracy is universal and knows no borders. People stlil pirate in Japan they just have to be less obvious about it.

I pointed out Gazette putting music on US iTunes because it wasn't there for the longest time. I thought maybe they finally realized they have a following over here, but they still won't tour, so whatever.

America (the country) is vast and largely empty. Europe (the continent) is small. It's roughly the size of half of America. Touring Europe is easy because you can visit one country and fans can visit from the surrounding country for a day or two because the trip is only a few hours. Touring Mexico and South America is a little more challenging, but the population there isn't spread so thin so it's easier to target fans by hitting major cities. Not so in America. We're technically spread across six time zones. I can drive for a few hours and not leave my state, much less the country. From my current location, it would take 10 to 11 hours of driving to reach Canada. It would take me near 20 hours by car to reach @CAT5 (trains are worse and planes are super expensive)! In the midwest, it can take hours to go from a small suburb to a decently sized city where a band might perform. If the show isn't somewhere within a few hours drive, I can't go.

No matter where they go or what city they perform in, 95% of American fans would have to "break the bank" or organize a trip out of a concert in order to go see them. This is why most (not all tho) Japanese bands that tour North America always hit the same cities. The GazettE may have a lot of fans overall in America but probably not enough to fill up venues consistently and make that money back. In addition they have to go from city to city and that's expensive too. It's not uncommon to hear of a Japanese "world tour" which totally skips North America.

We're lucky the GazettE even goes to Europe. There's a lot more to touring abroad than geography at play like work visas, working with promoters who can secure your venues, money, etc. I've heard of a lot of failed EU tours from visual bands after thousands of fans rallied together to bring UnsraW to Europe but only 100 showed up to the live house because "it was Wednesday and mom won't let me go to concerts on Wednesdays". I also vaguely remember the GazettE saying they hate touring America and won't come here but don't quote me without sources. But if I were to think of one good reason as to why Japanese bands run like hell from America, it's that it's so big it's difficult to tour.

Whilst browsing my local Japanese merchandise store, I stumbled across a copy of The GazettE's D.I.N.G.K.Z.O compilation album for $10.

Happy to say it was a nice drive home as I listened to the CD, remembering the music that made me stay listening to them forever.

i thought i had seen it all in the gazette fandom until i stumbled upon a blog post where a grown woman spit out a conspiracy theory that ruki was actually gender fluid because

1. he wore heels in a photo shoot
  2. he frequently writes from a female perspective in songs and he does it with relative ease according to interviews
  3. he talks to his stylist kinda gay

my eyes are burning is this the fandom im going to deal with at the show...kill me now. i thought the yaoi fanfiction was the most i had to deal with but fans literally inventing genders for their favourite musicians and simultaneously disrespecting all gender fluid people in one single blog post was wild. i really dont understand the wild fangirl mentality and never will. then again this is probably why the gazette fandom is considered crazy, so we might as well bring up all the crazy shit gazette fans do: go my children...start some drama to fill the time between now and the start of the world tour

I find it weird that the official website hasn't been updated with UGLY. I mean, it has almost been half a year since it has been released.