Sign in to follow this  
AyaRukiA

Global music

What is your favorite (non Japanese) metal/rock band? 

I can't name only one band 

But my favorite metal bands are ( lamb of god.  Slipknot.  Korn. Megadeath. Nightwish.  Slayer.  Cannibal corpse. Pantera)

My favorite rock bands are evanescence .disturbed and Linkin Park (first 2 albums)  :)

Hi! if i'm going to pick only one metal band that is Trivium, it's not so extreme, but not too soft, is for everyone
In rock bands I pick a chilean one called "Devil Presley", they are more in the hard rock side, if you're interested here's a video of them (they sing in spanish btw)

I don't really listen to any non JP metal, except for Gojira,
more psych-metal this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnRv4azfris

But this is my all time favorite of theirs.

For rock, MUSE is my favorite band of all time pre 2009 (although I still like a few individual tracks here and there after that, just mostly disappointed.)

Also it's funny, the lucky bastards in Tokyo got to see 2 of my favorite tracks performed live (Futurism and Yes Please), Futurism has only been done live 4 or 5 times. I've seen them live six times but never have gotten to hear either. (Other than MUSE, Queens of The Stone Age are second place.)

I like too many bands, it's easier to check my last.fm. But to list some of my most liked, they are Ghost, Arctic Monkeys, Muse, The Dear Hunter and The 1975.

Spoiler

Alex and Miles joining forces and creating The Last Shadow Puppets is one of my favorite things

Edited by Chi

55 minutes ago, Sickle said:

Hi! if i'm going to pick only one metal band that is Trivium, it's not so extreme, but not too soft, is for everyone
In rock bands I pick a chilean one called "Devil Presley", they are more in the hard rock side, if you're interested here's a video of them (they sing in spanish btw)

I'm listening to them the music is so catchy love it. 

21 minutes ago, karai · ebi said:

I don't really listen to any non JP metal, except for Gojira,
more psych-metal this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnRv4azfris

But this is my all time favorite of theirs.

For rock, MUSE is my favorite band of all time pre 2009 (although I still like a few individual tracks here and there after that, just mostly disappointed.)

Also it's funny, the lucky bastards in Tokyo got to see 2 of my favorite tracks performed live (Futurism and Yes Please), Futurism has only been done live 4 or 5 times. I've seen them live six times but never have gotten to hear either. (Other than MUSE, Queens of The Stone Age are second place.)

I know gojira and muse I like them both.  

Especially gojira ♥

12 minutes ago, Chi said:

I like too many bands, it's easier to check my last.fm. But to list some of my most liked, they are Ghost, Arctic Monkeys, Muse, The Dear Hunter and The 1975.

I know ghost  I only listened to one song of them ( Satan prayer )  . Never listened to Arctic Monkeys or the dear Hunter but I'm gonna check them out.  I know muse an awesome band ♥

3 minutes ago, AyaRukiA said:

I know gojira and muse I like them both.  

Especially gojira ♥

Looks like that's 3 for MUSE haha, one of the first outside countries they gained more popularity in was Japan as I understand...I wonder if it's that their sound in their old days was vaguely reminiscent of some V系. It would make sense why I launched off from them into the scene liking similar vocals, especially the higher pitched operatic kind.
Also, like Chi said, Arctic Monkey's are pretty good too, though I like the album "Humbug" the most (It was co-produced by vocalist of Queens of the Stone Age Josh Homme). I'd say checkout "Humbug", "Favorite Worst Nightmare", and "Whatever People say I am, That's What I'm Not".

15 minutes ago, karai · ebi said:

Looks like that's 3 for MUSE haha, one of the first outside countries they gained more popularity in was Japan as I understand...I wonder if it's that their sound in their old days was vaguely reminiscent of some V系. It would make sense why I launched off from them into the scene liking similar vocals, especially the higher pitched operatic kind.
Also, like Chi said, Arctic Monkey's are pretty good too, though I like the album "Humbug" the most (It was co-produced by vocalist of Queens of the Stone Age Josh Homme). I'd say checkout "Humbug", "Favorite Worst Nightmare", and "Whatever People say I am, That's What I'm Not".

Wow I didn't know that they are popular in Japan.  My favorite album by them is the 2nd law I like Matt high pitched voice. Maybe yeah they were kinda similar to vk I liked his blue hair back then haha . I will listen to the album u recommended I heard of them before but never listened to them and I was really looking for new bands to listen to.  Thank you /m/ ♥

9 hours ago, AyaRukiA said:

...and Linkin Park (first 2 albums)  :)

If you like the first 2 albums I definitely recommend you to give a chance on the album "the hunting party" from LP, and the band "GUN DOG" from japan

Sorry for not continuing with the thread but I felt the need to recommend GUN DOG because they were very linkin park-ish back in the day

20 minutes ago, Sickle said:

If you like the first 2 albums I definitely recommend you to give a chance on the album "the hunting party" from LP, and the band "GUN DOG" from japan

Sorry for not continuing with the thread but I felt the need to recommend GUN DOG because they were very linkin park-ish back in the day

Omg they are so similar to Linkin Park:O

Same style in music. Clothes.  Moves.... Etc 

I'm really curious now to know more about them.  Thank you ^.^♡

Sign in to follow this