Jeen

lynch. new album " XIII " release

As a fan of this band i really like it so much this album. Theres so many good song in this album

The best songs imoTHIRTEEN, RENATUS,EXIST,AMBER,SENSE OF EMPINESS,FOOL

Meh-Regular songs: FIVE,GROTHESQUE. FAITH

Bad songs imo: JOKER, OBVIOUS. 

INTERLUDE and INTRODUCTION was innecessary hate to say it but its just a refill,  maybe the introduction its valid but why interlude?

Joker imo its just an experimental song but theres good parts.

At least this album its better than D.A.R.K ( but this  album have 3 or 4 epic songs ) and so far better than the blender of Avantgarde.Maybe the 4th best album of this band.

For me this album is  8/10

I've been following lynch. for more than 10 years, and loved all of their releases from greedy dead souls till DARK. As for AVANTGARDE and this new album, I can't enjoy them for whatever reason. SINNERS was ok in my book with some nice memorable tracks, but these last 2 full-lengths bore the hell out of me. It's a shame, because some of the previews really got my hopes up this time.

6 hours ago, Eraser said:

I've been following lynch. for more than 10 years, and loved all of their releases from greedy dead souls till DARK. As for AVANTGARDE and this new album, I can't enjoy them for whatever reason. SINNERS was ok in my book with some nice memorable tracks, but these last 2 full-lengths bore the hell out of me. It's a shame, because some of the previews really got my hopes up this time.

Literally same.

y'all are weird AVANTGARDE was better than SINNERS

overall i like this album, although FIVE seems like the most obvious choice for "should have been cut" even though the idea of giving everyone a feature because they're all back together is cute cause it's forgettable as hell. i really like OBVIOUS (shame about the DIES IRAE self-cover portion) but it's mostly because it gives me 07-09 lynch. flavor and i can 100% picture how it goes down at lives. ultimately tho my favorites are AMBLE, SENSE OF EMPTINESS, FAITH & GROTESQUE.

but mostly i wish they would take a break from the album/album tour format for a few years. every album separates into what songs are going to be regulars and what songs we're never going to hear again after the album tour except at fanclub shows. if you're going to treat most of the album like a b-side soon, i don't really know what the point is. or maybe this is normal for major bands with large album outputs?

also tetsu from d'erlanger for some reason has his own special thanks line in the booklet... did i miss if the members mentioned why? did he lend asanao something?

3 hours ago, cvltic said:

if you're going to treat most of the album like a b-side soon, i don't really know what the point is. or maybe this is normal for major bands with large album outputs?

I think many "bigger" bands and artists tend to do this.

Yeah, I don’t get what you mean. There are only so many songs a band is going to play at a show, and most of it is going to be the latest material. 

idk maybe i'm not articulating myself well -- i've been to a lot of lynch. lives and it's not so much that it's the latest material being featured but there are other songs on GALLOWS aside from GREED + GALLOWS, other songs on AVANTGARDE besides THE OUTRAGE SEXUALITY + UNELMA  and yet we very rarely hear them after the album tour unless it's a special occasion.

lynch. is the only major band i follow so if this is standard for bands with larger discographies (playing only the single(s) from the albums down the line to death) i have nfi and i'm not a huge fan of it

Ah, I see now. Yeah, I think that’s pretty common for a lot of bands. DEG encores tend to feature a handful of songs that don’t rotate much. 

Metallica is super guilty of this. I think they’ve been playing the same setlist for about two decades now, regardless of what the new album is. 

On 7/13/2018 at 12:18 PM, Eraser said:

On 7/13/2018 at 7:15 PM, ltanji said:

Literally same.

You would say that i believe in me and inferiority complex are better than avantgarde? Seriously?

i feel like you can make a good case for IBIM with -273.15℃/tiamat/IBIM (the song)/(+this coma/lie/before you know it even though they're rare now) because they're enjoyable live, but if they never played anything but New Psycho from Inferiority live again i wouldn't be mad lmao. on the other hand, if they stopped playing outrage/killing cunt/invader!!!/F.A.K.E./unelma i would never forgive them.

the one thing i can say about lynch. fans is i can never predict which albums they'll say are their favorites or even which songs they enjoy live the most. for their most recent fanclub tour where they played their entire discography, there was a bingo sheet going around where you put the 9 songs you wanted to hear the most at the shows you attended. most of the cards i saw all had very different picks...

9 hours ago, masa0922 said:

You would say that i believe in me and inferiority complex are better than avantgarde? Seriously?

Without a second thought.

Loved the album. I'd put it on the same level as anything they've released before. They just don't experiment enough that I can have any overly negative or overly positive reaction.  Like... I read people talking about this album is better than Avantgarde or how GALLOWS is better than that, .etc. And I'm sitting here like... How can you tell? It all sounds the same. Don't get me wrong, I love them, and I understand preferring one album's tracklist over there other, but  it's not like there's a drastic difference in quality imo.

Anyway, FAITH is supposed to be a hommage to something? You read that and my first though was to go straight to '90s VK. But, the chorus' melody sorta sounds like KIYOHARU's LAST SONG?

12 minutes ago, Kiyoharu is God said:

Anyway, FAITH is supposed to be a hommage to something? You read that and my first though was to go straight to '90s VK. But, the chorus' melody sorta sounds like KIYOHARU's LAST SONG?

this is totally out my wheelhouse but everyone was bringing up the shouts from Kuroyume's 親愛なるDEATHMASK ?? some people have also suggested "sister"

and from the lyrics:
・God only knows/信仰 → apparently a Kuroyume reference somehow idk
・shura no niwa → Lamiel song title
・hari no niwa → Laputa song title

8 hours ago, Saishu said:

I mean, Joker sounds like a bunch of other shuffle beat VK tracks, then straight up uses the riff from The Beautiful People. 

And one of the vocal melodies sounds like this:

Is that why I like it so much? lol

22 hours ago, Saishu said:

I mean, Joker sounds like a bunch of other shuffle beat VK tracks, then straight up uses the riff from The Beautiful People. 

And one of the vocal melodies sounds like this:

If you dont mentioned this, i will never notice it.

Its a completly LOOL for me.

Anyways I dont think wants to copy a megaman theme 

At least Joker its not one of my favorites of the album :P

Edited by RazorGenesis