Jeen

lynch. new album " XIII " release

31 minutes ago, Tokage said:

those vk album descriptions are always such total horseshit lmao

Lol right? Sometimes I wish a band would just be like “it’s just 12 tracks of smashy butt metal”

Even if i know a few people are interested i like doing it and must finish the tracklist ! 😛

Here we go (i did my best, sorry for errors or bad english) :

EXIST :

Spoiler

Heavyrock and screamo song, seems a classic lynch song. Talks about reality and existence.

RENATUS :

Spoiler

Positive music,  Hazuki draw a "fantastic world" (maybe an abstract song ?). Talks about immortality, love, and the time passing by.

AMBLE :

Spoiler

A ballad Hazuki wrote many years ago, i don't understand well but it seems that every member gave a personal touch. Lyrics are about "if you can stop time just once" and "miracle".

SENSE OF EMPTINESS :

Spoiler

Written during SINNERS, lyrics are about a broken heart, evoke an afternoon after the rain and the night comes, a sunset and a dark blue sky and other nostalgic stuff.

FIVE :

Spoiler

It's about them of course, and the fact that they have AK again blabla. Lyrics are simple and draw the landscape Hazuki imagined for them. The song was written during the AVANT GARDE era. The arrangement let an highlight for every member.

INTERLUDE :

Spoiler

As expected it's an instrumental SE, a link they needed between FIVE and FAITH. The piano loop count 13 seconds. Hazuki talk about Яyo (from girugamesh, who covered DEVIL in his youtube channel) i guess he made this track ?

FAITH :

Spoiler

Brutal song, it seems it will remind us some of their old era (he talk about "good old times", maybe he means in general ?).

It's an hommage with great respect

Screamo lolwut? Are you sure? I really can't see any VK band go screamo any time soon. Pretty sure it'll be nothing like screamo at all, but the tag sure does get me interested even though I am sure it'll leave me very, very disappointed.

11 hours ago, Bear said:

Screamo lolwut? Are you sure? I really can't see any VK band go screamo any time soon. Pretty sure it'll be nothing like screamo at all, but the tag sure does get me interested even though I am sure it'll leave me very, very disappointed.

「EXIST」

僕らのサウンドメイクの基盤である00年代ヘヴィロック、スクリーモ等の洋楽的要素が最も出てる曲。

ヘヴィな単音リフに鬼の4ビート。中盤の転調では芸術点高めのアレンジに成功しました。

EXIST=存在。僕らは架空の存在ではなく現実に生きる人間、だからこそ夢のような現実を作り出せる。"

スクリーモ = Screamo (but maybe he say that just cause it have screams and have no idea what screamo is ?)

@Jeen damn you're fast

RENATUS sounds so fucking good
& i don't have enough pre-00s vk knowledge to know what song FAITH is supposed to be an homage to but i like it

1 minute ago, cvltic said:

@Jeen damn you're fast

RENATUS sounds so fucking good
& i don't have enough pre-00s vk knowledge to know what song FAITH is supposed to be an homage to but i like it

Yes, Hazuki said there will be something at 18:00, i knew it will be samples 😛so i reloaded every seconds xD (and there was a bug, i posted it before now)

Well, yes RENATUS is a good surprise. 

I retain also 

EXIST seems so good, this guitar reminds me NEW PSYCHO PARALYZE. 

SENSE OF EMPTINESS, nice rock song

OBVIOUS, kick ass and shaped for lives

A FOOL ❤️

I love how they keep this "mind-blowing" sound they tried with PHANTOM and FAREWELL (A FOOL is this kind of atmospheric ballad to end the album).

And that they kept heavy song but tried a more "rock" and alternative things (FIVE, AMBLE...). Very versatile.

As expected, it's not because PV song is not so good that the album will be shit (remember BEAST and FAKE, good songs, but far to be the best of albums)

I finish with songs descriptions ^^' :

OBVIOUS

Spoiler

A song made for lives. Hazuki compared it to STARZ and a grateful shit.

A FOOL

Spoiler

He described it as a wonderful song (ant it seems it is !), he was'nt sure if it will feel like "lynch." but decided to take it to conclude the album

this album seems PACKED with excellence so far (sucky "five" aside), and they picked that song for the PV?..

sense of emptiness and faith tugged on my wig rlly hard so far tbh

i'm so stupid & unaware of time, i genuinely assumed 18:00 was when he woke up

9 minutes ago, Jeen said:

remember BEAST

god, this was honestly the worst selection for D.A.R.K's PV... it's the one song on the album i continually forget exists and that's saying something bc i've heard it live like 10 times. i always ask myself why they didn't pick ILLUMINATI or, you know... D.A.R.K....

i'll add on to your info with some other stuff:
the Yusuke songs this time are RENATUS, SENSE OF EMPTINESS, and A FOOL (which Yusuke also wrote the lyrics to, so i was surprised they were in English)

the Manson bit in JOKER is an homage, and the whole song was written so they could make a circus PV... ok... werk
whatever song FAITH is taking a page from is supposed to be an homage too (Hazuki wrote "if you know your old songs this song will make you laugh")

I like all the samples I heard except JØKER.

Seems this album is gonna surpass what they released last year which was  just mediocre for me.

Edited by nostalgia

Spoiler

Exist - Renatus - Sense Of Emptiness - Faith - A Fool. 🎧 .....and they picked JOKER. Haaah.

"Ihate. Myself. For being so uselsess. Ihate. Myself. For being so useless. Ihate. Myself. For being so useless."

"come on baby. ret's pray togedurrr."

Edited by Elazmus

His singing is dull ! He sounds tired... well it is along the same lines as their previous releases.

Edited by The Piass

So EXIST is the song with the an illusion guitar effect/riff this time. Always found it annoying that they reused the amazing riff/sound from their best song in other songs like All this I'll give you, LIE, EVIDENCE intro, KALEIDO, ..

But really looking forward after the samples! Strongly disliked the PV track, so this was a nice suprise, at least half of the samples sound great! Can feel a few filler songs again, but seems they wanted to have 13 songs to fit the title.. I also feel they are stronger with mid tempo/slower songs these days. Never been to their live so maybe the new fast/heavy ones are good live but on CD they are often boring/sound too similar for me..

Edited by filth_y

No. 

I’m about to go back and start listening to only music that came out before the last two decades, because fuck this loud and flat sounding shit. 

My old ears cant take this shit anymore! 

GROTESQUE, RENATUS, SENSE OF EMPTINESS, and A FOOL are what I'm most looking forward to. FIVE is alright, but it sounds out of place. Don't really care for the chorus in FAITH, but everything before it sounds great. I rolled my eyes when I heard the laugh at the end of EXIST.

this album might be, by far, the most distinct album since shadows,

however, maybe it's the production (the guitar and drum tones),

the architecture of the tracks (the tempo, bpm),

or the pure essence and concept of lynch is too strong,

im not sure if it's a good thing or not,

this album still sounds like the familiar "lynch"

i guess they'll never break those lynch-equations.