frayed

ex-MEJIBRAY members new project, "8P-SB" has formed

1 hour ago, frayed said:

this is a lot of speculation without anything concrete to back it up, lol.

well, the part where they were blacklisted from venues came straight from the dudes themselves at their first show. it's not beyond the pale to think that this extends to other parts of the MEJIBRAY brand when they can't even rent the fucking venues(!), the most basic component of band activity that isn't actually associated with the band's image. of course it's still speculation that can't be proven unless some tsunagari has LINE convos to dump, but it's not a total asspull -- this is pretty much the accepted version of events in jp fan communities, and this isn't the first time a band's label has held parts or all of a band's branding hostage.

regardless i'll be waiting for some sort of article from a known Japanese music publication that mentions 8P-SB at all, and i'll be waiting even longer for one that mentions them in the same breath as MEJIBRAY in the same way MiA's new project has been reported.  🙈

1 hour ago, cvltic said:

well, the part where they were blacklisted from venues came straight from the dudes themselves at their first show. it's not beyond the pale to think that this extends to other parts of the MEJIBRAY brand when they can't even rent the fucking venues(!), the most basic component of band activity that isn't actually associated with the band's image. of course it's still speculation that can't be proven unless some tsunagari has LINE convos to dump, but it's not a total asspull -- this is pretty much the accepted version of events in jp fan communities, and this isn't the first time a band's label has held parts or all of a band's branding hostage.

regardless i'll be waiting for some sort of article from a known Japanese music publication that mentions 8P-SB at all, and i'll be waiting even longer for one that mentions them in the same breath as MEJIBRAY in the same way MiA's new project has been reported.  🙈

Oh yeah I’m not doubting that part at all, I’d heard the same thing. I’m just further speculating on the pop angle and that is more or less me spewing out thoughts about reasons why they might’ve taken the direction they dod beyond Tsuzuku being an Arashi stan. I really thought your point about the lack of media coverage was right on, I hadn’t even noticed until you said anything about it.

i liked it.

lol.

i think the lyrics are cute... tsukoi is real. (?)

it's probs cus i listen to all types of music anyway. and i'm just happy they seem to be better now.

4 hours ago, frayed said:

I was about to post this. He looks like someone was aiming a gun at his head and told him to look happy and dance.

The autotuned vocals are destroying me, but at least the music sounds more creative than the very uninspired "super star".

26 minutes ago, ahnchc said:

I was about to post this. He looks like someone was aiming a gun at his head and told him to look happy and dance.

The autotuned vocals are destroying me, but at least the music sounds more creative than the very uninspired "super star".

I mean I say what you’re saying but to be fair he does that side-eye thing a lot. Like a LOT a lot. It just seems like a quirk of his.

7 hours ago, ricchubunny said:

I LOVE ITTTT ❤️ 

6 hours ago, IchiHiroya said:

I know people are going to hate me for this but the song is reaaally catchy, and Koichi dancing all so cutesy just made me smile from ear to ear. (*´・v・)💕

6 hours ago, platy said:

They just gained 100+ fangirls. Well played 8PSB, well played. 

^^^

Are they trying to do Vocaloid stuff now? 👩🏼‍🎤

Kamijo did it first!😏

1 hour ago, TheZigzagoon said:

Hey does anyone remember when Koichi and Tsuzuku were cool? They're making it oh so easy to forget 

wym? it's literally just taking off "^.^,,

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😃🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Here comes your depressed, bipolar, suicidal drama queen.... "Genki "

I’m just glad this black listing doesn’t extend to Tower Records for events, which I mean I hoped for as much since it’s not exclusively a vkei store. Here’s hoping for more of those being announced in the future.

As much as I was thrown off initially, I’m less jarred now and I still plan to see them. I wasn’t feeling Mejibray until I saw them live, so I think in my case it’s only fair to give them a proper shot.

52 minutes ago, TheZigzagoon said:

It may just be taking off, but it's already really, really embarrassing to look at 

they have more dignity in being kicked the f. out of this scene compared to 75 % of durrk bands signing the major label deal and doing precisely the same and only flaunting an occassional gvth look when their sales nosedive tbh

that IG preview is a bop too.

10 hours ago, Masato said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😃🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Here comes your depressed, bipolar, suicidal drama queen.... "Genki "

lmao my feeling exactly

On 6/19/2018 at 2:45 AM, NeverendingWorld said:

But I'm mostly disappointed because after all those teasers I had money on Tzuzuku rapping, and he hasn't... yet.

Plot twist:

It will be Koichi that does nasal cutesy rapping