frayed

ex-MEJIBRAY members new project, "8P-SB" has formed

Just watched the whole MV now and....

honestly,i didn't care much about the hiatus,cuz i really wanted these guys to take a rest,breathe some fresh air, etc...

cuz the number of releases they putted out as MEJIBRAY was really impressive and they deserved some rest,.however, seeing them putting their efforts on this j-pop project  instead of staying on the vk/ metal scene is really really hard to process.

They both are human too,they're free to go for whatever they feel comfortable to try,but that's a HUGE change
and almost unfair with us fans of the genre of music they were used to deliver.

More live dates have been added to the OHP:

公演日2018.07.09(月)SHOW

地域/会場[東京] 恵比寿CreAto

タイトル8P-SB SHOW-super star-01

OPEN/START18:30/19:00

公演日2018.07.17 (火)SHOW

地域/会場[東京] 恵比寿CreAto

タイトル8P-SB SHOW-super star-02

公演日2018.08.20(月)SHOW

地域/会場[東京] 恵比寿CreAto

タイトル8P-SB SHOW-fireworks-01

公演日2018.09.03(月)SHOW

地域/会場[東京] 恵比寿CreAto

タイトル8P-SB SHOW-fireworks-02

公演日2018.09.10(月)SHOW

地域/会場[東京] 恵比寿CreAto

タイトル8P-SB SHOW-ghost hotel-01

公演日2018.10.09(火)SHOW

地域/会場[東京] 恵比寿CreAto

タイトル8P-SB SHOW-ghost hotel-02

公演日2018.10.31(水)SHOW

地域/会場[東京] 白金高輪 セレネスタジオ SELENE b2

タイトル8P-SB PREMIUM SHOWCASE-PANIC STUDIO-

OPEN/START18:00/19:00

Also, information for their super star single is available, although it still doesn’t say where you’ll be able to buy it. Probably from the upcoming store? In any case, here we are.

This isn’t even bad, it’s just bleh. Which is worse than being bad because I can remember something that’s terrible. I’ve already forgotten what this tepid dishwater sounds like and I heard it less than five minutes ago. 

dat off-key harmony though <3 

also wtf is CreAto? at least they blend right in with the rest of the acts that play there i guess lol

40 minutes ago, emmny said:

LMFAO DID THEY GET BLACKLISTED FROM TOKYO VENUES HAHAHAHA

Actually yes. MEJIBRAY Company president is rumored to be from Yakuza and he's one of the big bosses of Visual Kei industry now.

Since Koichi and Tzk apparently had some problems with him (remember Koichi stop playing the bass and showing his middle finger in direction of their boss in the end of their concert), yes, they're in blacklist and probably can't do a Visual Kei band anymore. That's what this song is about. 

On yesterday concert they said that CreatO was the only live house that let they play. 

Edited by ricchubunny

20 minutes ago, ricchubunny said:

Actually yes. MEJIBRAY Company president is rumored to be from Yakuza and he's one of the big bosses of Visual Kei industry now.

Since Koichi and Tzk apparently had some problems with him (remember Koichi stop playing the bass and showing his middle finger in direction of their boss in the end of their concert), yes, they're in blacklist and probably can't do a Visual Kei band anymore. That's what this song is about. 

On yesterday concert they said that CreatO was the only live house that let they play. 

You know, I know we can kind of piece the story together here and there, but I really wish we’d could just simply know what happened to Mejibray - and I know the involvement of yakuza is part of why. Ugh. 

30 minutes ago, ricchubunny said:

Can't they become yoyogi park street performers? 

30 minutes ago, ricchubunny said:

Thanks for the insight infos you share here:tw_heart:

Always loved the rumors of the connection betwen Yakuza and VK

28 minutes ago, filth_y said:

Always loved the rumors of the connection betwen Yakuza and VK

Shall we open another rumor thread for these guys right next to Satsuki? 🤔

Well, we will see how successful they are with this little stunt! Being banned from VK venues well... they will probably become irrelevant to the fandom as time progresses and they gain more K-Pop fans

Ps: going through the first posts before this was released is hillarious! 😂

Edited by Masato

1 hour ago, frayed said:

I really wish we’d could just simply know what happened to Mejibray 

Well, I guess Tsu and Koichi proposed a new direction for Mejibray,  what they "really" wanted to do (assuming 8p-sb is their love child) And their label/Mia/Meto were not really fans of that? 

And they were bitter about it? And Koichi got his tattoo and they released this? And now they are happy? But their label hates them for it?

3 hours ago, ricchubunny said:

So in other words, Koichi getting sassy ruined their chances forever 

8 minutes ago, TheZigzagoon said:

So in other words, Koichi getting sassy ruined their chances forever 

Nah, I'm pretty sure they had beef with the boss already because of god knows what and since there was no coming back they decided to go all out with the middle finger and all. 

What if they had wanted to do a different project but the bosses said no, which eventually led to this whole ordeal where they got banned from vk. But them being creative people, literally all they could do without getting shanked was this shitty soda-with-no-gas music? 

This is so fucked up if it's true lol

23 minutes ago, lichtlune said:

How does flipping somebody off get you banned from VK and doing venues in Tokyo? Doesn't make any sense. 

Yakuza and respect and Japan and different culture and all that. 

Just now, Saishu said:

I mean let’s not forget the huge drama with Lynch when Akinori got caught with pot. 

Which was also stupid and so was the Femme Fatale situation. These things shouldn't break a band apart. imo. 

Just now, lichtlune said:

Which was also stupid and so was the Femme Fatale situation. These things shouldn't break a band apart. imo. 

Well no, they shouldn’t. Just pointing out things are different over there. 

But if VK is indeed a yakuza run business, it’s no wonder so many bands come and go.