frayed

ex-MEJIBRAY members new project, "8P-SB" has formed

They are gonna have to up their sex appeal musically if they want to match ADAMs ... crossing my fingers they do...

They look too boyband ish atm. I am surprised they didn't do some dance break.

1 hour ago, ahnchc said:

I keep trying to tell myself this, but knowing that Tsuzuku composed relatively decent songs from MEJIBRAY (such as baby crossing, 躁と鬱と境界 (Sou to Utsu to Kyoukai), 【worms】, -XV-, EMILY, amongst others) I'm not even sure it's a valid excuse for the less-than-mediocre composition of this song. This song was just completely uninspired in a way that I didn't even think was possible. Even if Koichi composed it, it's still pretty bad lol.

I don't think anyone expected a VK style (I personally expected a ballad or pop song, and we got an extremely poor take on the latter). The song just sounds bad. I think that Koichi's voice has to do with my opinions on it also tbh. I can only hope that it'll grow on me (which is a bit unlikely), or their next release will be better.

We've been trying to forget.

Totally agree, I expected pop songs, but I can’t believe how amateur the song writing, mixing, lyrics, singing was. This came from two industry veterans with no shortage of budgets, it shouldn’t be this bad.....

2 hours ago, JukaForever said:

They look too boyband ish atm. I am surprised they didn't do some dance break.

LMAO. I was expecting this too tbh.

1 hour ago, smilesxchibi said:

Idk but this sorta reminds me when R-shitei released that fake pv before releasing visual is dead...maybe this could be a facade? 

This

Or they releasing stuff as a My Dragon 2.0 would be awesome too.

Meanwhile I'll be this way

Edited by keilu

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed. Because of the production value visually versus the quality of the audio, and yeah it's a (imo) medicore pop song...

But I'm mostly disappointed because after all those teasers I had money on Tzuzuku rapping, and he hasn't... yet.

Really, I'm trying to reserve judgement until they release more. The manifesto was impressive, and like yay artistic freedom...

5 hours ago, ahnchc said:

I keep trying to tell myself this, but knowing that Tsuzuku composed relatively decent songs from MEJIBRAY (such as baby crossing, 躁と鬱と境界 (Sou to Utsu to Kyoukai), 【worms】, -XV-, EMILY, amongst others) I'm not even sure it's a valid excuse for the less-than-mediocre composition of this song. This song was just completely uninspired in a way that I didn't even think was possible. Even if Koichi composed it, it's still pretty bad lol.

Mejibray's riffing style was always very uniquely MiA though, so there's must've always been massive contributions coming from him for pretty much every song. 

The only hope I had left is that they'll somehow end up coming back in an year, but seeing this and MiA's project I'm not sure if I want to. I don't even know what happened to this band in the first place, like they were totally going to places around 420 Roses playing at decently sized venues and pretty much being the talk of the town in the internet community... and then after shitting out a dozen singles campaigns they cap off their career by playing at the clubs bands like Kizu and Mamireta are already at after an year. What happened 

Well if you ask metal bands what they listen to when they're not playing music, they're not listening to anything metal because they get tired of it. I think it was someone from Bathory who listened to Kate Bush and The Beatles for inspiration(correct me if I'm wrong). So I can see why they went to pop music. Imagine playing the same songs over and over again, then you have to write more music that fits that category you're in, and play that to death, and cycle that over again. 

TL;DR

Overall I didn't think it was that bad.

WHAT IN THE FROZEN OVER DEPTHS OF THE BAPHOMETS  DEN IS THIS , BABY I AM CONFUSED....LIKE BITCH GOD IS DEAD AND WE KILLED HIM.

4 hours ago, Manji 卍 said:

Should we wait for Meto to come up with a better offer?

would anyone from two years ago have believed that fucking METO would be our last hope for good things from mejibray post kaisan???

Edited by emmny