frayed

ex-MEJIBRAY members new project, "8P-SB" has formed

4 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

my heart lowkey goes out to the noname mejibray roadie who had to haul the piano in the woods just so this shitty video could be recorded

amen

Please tell me this is a joke...

Their voices doesn't sound well together ;_;

Somehow reminds me of old Shibuya "band" ASTRO BOY... k-pop everywhere ;_;

Edited by akiko

They kind of ruin the image I had of them back in Mejibray pls dont...Naah I want the old Tzk back no one needs THIS ugh <////3 

9 minutes ago, zombieparadise said:

HAHAHA. Who asked for this?

Well the reception youtube seems to be overwhelmingly positive. This pretty much proves all the negative stereotypes about their fanbase lol I refuse to believe a person who fucks with Sou to utsu to kyoukai and Distance.exe would ever fuck with this 

I really wonder what was the reason that they decided to do this, eh, whatever this jpop crap is. The change from Mejibray to this shit seems really weird to me.

1 hour ago, chocobuzz said:

I really wonder what was the reason that they decided to do this, eh, whatever this jpop crap is. The change from Mejibray to this shit seems really weird to me.

Artists get tired of doing the same stuff.

*Not saying that whatever they move on to is magically good.

Edited by colorfuljinsei

1 minute ago, colorfuljinsei said:

Artists get tired of doing the same stuff.

Tzk is a big fan of oshare and all that, and they probably figured that being an IG model with a who gives a shit music project will rake in big bucks far easier than doing all the rigorous touring and whatever else it is that VK bands have to do just to scrape by. and tbh I don't even know what direction they could have taken VK to after Mejibray without MiA also being on board. That's why the thought of a post-mejibray project with just the two of them was so exciting, but impossible to imagine

The writing was on the walls for awhile; I literally ‘jokingly’ guessed this back as far as January. Tsuzuku used to go on tirades on those tweet-casts about why people actually liked visual kei and kept referring back to jpop, like, “Why is Arashi so bad? Jpop is awesome. Why do you only listen to visual kei? Is it just for the make up?” (Obviously this is super abridged.) And I remember wondering back in the November of 2016, “well why are you doing visual kei then?” I’d heard from other people that his anti-visual rants dated back way further than that.

It’s like I don’t want to be pegged as close minded for not giving it a chance, because I am. I like a lot of genres of music, and I’m super invested in Tsuzuku as an artist. But it’s super weird to hear him use his voice like that, and it’s not like I hate it, but I don’t love it. And I’m not just a face fan that will just love anything he puts out because it’s him. I just hope that this leads to more experimental pieces in the future since Tsuzuku himself likes so many different kinds of music. I want to believe he won’t limit himself. Otherwise it’s kind of a waste.

Edited by frayed
Added point I forgot lol

I thought the song was nice by the end even though I wanted to hate it unconditionally. Koichi can't sing and having them split the lines 50/50 is unnecessary. To he honest, when I started listening to MEJIBRAY I found out so much about Tzk as an artist I kinda still respect him doing this.

I'm not sure what to say.. This makes me as sad as the rest of you but I might just not hate the song

2 minutes ago, frayed said:

The writing was on the walls for awhile; I literally ‘jokingly’ guessed this back as far as January. Tsuzuku used to go on tirades on those tweet-casts about why people actually liked visual kei and kept referring back to jpop, like, “Why is Arashi so bad? Jpop is awesome. Why do you only listen to visual kei? Is it just for the make up?” (Obviously this is super abridged.) And I remember wondering back in the November of 2016, “well why are you doing visual kei then?” I’d heard from other people that his anti-visual rants dated back way further than that.

It’s like I don’t want to be pegged as close minded for not giving it a chance, because I am. I like a lot of genres of music, and I’m super invested in Tsuzuku as an artist. But it’s super weird to hear him use his voice like that, and it’s not like I hate it, but I don’t love it. I just hope that this leads to more experimental pieces in the future since Tsuzuku himself likes so many different kinds of music. I want to believe he won’t limit himself. Otherwise it’s kind of a waste.

Yeah the weirdest thing about him is how fucking hard he went at the lives, in the lyrics and the music and allegedly in his personal life; and then all he wanted to do all along was to play baroque covers.