Sign in to follow this  
Kiyoharu is God

MORRIE announces 5th solo album 光る曠野 (HIKARU KOUYA)

On 1/12/2019 at 11:50 AM, Jigsaw9 said:

Special website has been opened for the upcoming album "光る曠野" (Hikaru kouya): http://morrie.jp/shiningwilderness/

It will be first available on 4th March at the tour final, and general sale will start on 2019/04/19. The exact tracklist is unknown at this point, but the album will contain 11 tracks, including the following titles: 神髄 (Shinzui), Melancholia Ⅲ, Danger Game, Angelic Night, Crusader

On the website they mention a 2CD version (album + instrumental) but I'm not sure whether this means that all editions will come this way, or if there will be two versions (regular and double-disc).

25 minutes ago, Vercingetorix said:

Pretty sure this album was the reason for the hiatus.

I don’t know, Morrie released Hard Core Reverie and Dead End albums without them interfering with Creature Creature, so I’m thinking we won’t be hearing from them for a while if he actually announced a hiatus. Or “dormancy” as he put it. 

6 hours ago, Ada Suilen said:

Someone knows if this album has actually come out?

Looks like not. I tried browsing his Twitter and OHP to find some fresh info, but came up empty. There were some tweets a few weeks back that he's recording something so I guess if a new album would drop it'll have to be next year.

Oh, and he also said back in the summer in an interview that the next album would be a bit more heavier/darker than usual (for his solo stuff I mean).

I freaked out because I forgot this was a thing and just rushed to buy it feeling it was just out of stock...  So glad it hasn't come out yet! Hoping it comes out soon now that is now back into my mind lol

I dug around a bit more, it seems the bass and drum tracks are already recorded since November and guitar/vocal recording is well underway (if not already finished). Photos were already shot for the potential album booklet too. Couldn't find any more up-to-date info, as MORRIE and his support band are busy rehearsing for his two year-end gigs, one of which took place yesterday and the other one to be held tonight.

Random fun fact: Sakito (NIGHTMARE/JAKIGAN MEISTER) was the live support guitarist yesterday.

Edited by Jigsaw9

Special website has been opened for the upcoming album "光る曠野" (Hikaru kouya): http://morrie.jp/shiningwilderness/

It will be first available on 4th March at the tour final, and general sale will start on 2019/04/19. The exact tracklist is unknown at this point, but the album will contain 11 tracks, including the following titles: 神髄 (Shinzui), Melancholia Ⅲ, Danger Game, Angelic Night, Crusader

On the website they mention a 2CD version (album + instrumental) but I'm not sure whether this means that all editions will come this way, or if there will be two versions (regular and double-disc).

edit: @Kiyoharu is God I think it'd be worth re-writing the thread title now that we know the official title. ;) 

Edited by Jigsaw9

I was super pumped about this, was already trying to preorder it anywhere. Now I really don't know what to do. I though Morrie could do no wrong. If it's one song that's no big deal. But what if it's two songs? oh no oh no oh no nononono

Edited by madygrain

@madygrain If it's any consolation, usually when they write that guest artists sing in the chorus of random songs, you don't really hear them that prominently, more like a backing voice to 'fill up space' (or at least that's what I've observed in J-rock particularly).

Anyway, looking forward to how this will all sound!

Sign in to follow this