Mamo

THE THIRTEEN

that new song should have went to kaya. If the rest of the songs are like that, i done with them and just pinning my hopes on MIA saving Mao's dumbass. Like Cardi b album is better than EMS and that preview wtf. Razor too

omg their take on uroko is really good im surprised y'all wasn't living

that ballad track is really good too

i refuse to listen to an actual full release of theirs but this arche-lynch thing is actually sounding shockingly good for them

1 hour ago, The Piass said:

4.Erode

5.umbrella

I love that they're picking up on recording Dir en grey covers that Deg themselves couldn't be bothered to recreate,

respect x

Wow...i find it sad how the creator of sadie's thread on artists page was comparing them to deg which i think led and caused everybody to bitch about how sadie are copycats and now again this thread is created too with someone comparing them to deg...

Sadie's every video on YouTube has comments where people are arguing how they are copy cats or not... Heck whenever i see this bands name anywhere, there i find people hating and comparing them to deg... Just stop people,i find it toxic and sickening.

There should be a rule regarding creating a artist thread that should prohibit the creator from posting any other info other than members info musical style and stuff cuz the first post matters.

any vk band thats been heavy ever has been compared to dir en grey its just what it is

funny enough first time i heard the lament songi thought of sukekiyo for some reason even tho i havent listened to them much 

Edited by chipathy

The "LAMENT" mini album is actually pretty good, it is high quality music. I don't think it sounds that similar to DEG, DEG nowadays is just growling mostly, so it really doesn't sound anything like this mini album at least xD  it's very pleasant to listen to

I actually got a stronger Sukekiyo vibe from their more recent stuff than a DeG one too. Haven't really heard their stuff much but it's pretty crazy how Mao's singing improved with time (i'm not talking since the beginning of this project, I mean since the beginning of his career) , and the music is also took a huge improvement since "Chainsaw" too. That one barely qualifies as music lol

ive been too lazy to check out the rest of their discography but i also see alot of people shitting on the thirteen prior to their lament release, apart from that one which i actually consider fantastic, do they have any worthwhile releases to peep? 

On 2/1/2019 at 3:33 AM, chipathy said:

ive been too lazy to check out the rest of their discography but i also see alot of people shitting on the thirteen prior to their lament release, apart from that one which i actually consider fantastic, do they have any worthwhile releases to peep? 

Anything post Gamushara, that gives you 3 mini-albums. EVIL MAD SCIENCE, URGE and LAMENT. They had some passable songs even before, but they were spread too far inbetween all the trash, especially on their first album, so...no need to bother picking through the garbage, when you can just spin the actually listenable stuff.

On 2/2/2019 at 8:15 AM, 123Sandman321 said:

Anything post Gamushara, that gives you 3 mini-albums. EVIL MAD SCIENCE, URGE and LAMENT. They had some passable songs even before, but they were spread too far inbetween all the trash, especially on their first album, so...no need to bother picking through the garbage, when you can just spin the actually listenable stuff.

Finally getting around to this thanks again, just to clarify I assume white dust is not that hot of a single either then, dropped the same day as gamushara

55 minutes ago, chipathy said:

Finally getting around to this thanks again, just to clarify I assume white dust is not that hot of a single either then, dropped the same day as gamushara

Neither Gamushara nor White Dust are bad, per se, they are quite fun, but ultimately kinda generic..just unremarkable, but still, give them a spin and make your own opinion

18 minutes ago, chipathy said:

Wait I'm dumb af isnt their support drummer ryo from awoi or are they the same guy

definitely different people, Ryo (ex. Girugamesh) works mainly as a producer, nowadays (to my great regret :D )

I have mixed feelings about The Thirteen. Like others said, some of the songs are not that bad. But I do feel like I am kind of listening to a revived Sadie at the same time, lol. 

They pulled their A-game, yet again. More on the mellow side, following LAMENT's suit, but really well put together and mature sounding.

...that blatant Pulse of the Maggots rip-off, tho :D to their credit, they waited 15 years, at least

these new soft songs are much better, FUCK EMS!

4 hours ago, GuancheVK said:

it's like they were listening since the BMTH part sounds like voice of pain remastered and that chirldren of despair part in the middle. But the break down parts are very EMS, so it's a flop for me. It's almost like they are tryna be DADA but Dada's metalcore doesnt sound so shitty nether does a lot of other VK bands doing metalcore. This is so pathetic rather than disappointing. While sadie had a lot of basic riffage, they had character in their music. i guessn it's only the Big 2 rather than 3. 🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕  

On 1/10/2020 at 4:00 PM, blackdoll said:

it's like they were listening since the BMTH part sounds like voice of pain remastered and that chirldren of despair part in the middle. But the break down parts are very EMS, so it's a flop for me. It's almost like they are tryna be DADA but Dada's metalcore doesnt sound so shitty nether does a lot of other VK bands doing metalcore. This is so pathetic rather than disappointing. While sadie had a lot of basic riffage, they had character in their music. i guessn it's only the Big 2 rather than 3. 🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕  

Fuck sake, can we describe the actual dynamics of the music in non-comparative to other V Kei band terms? haha.