Alkaloid

Scarlet Valse new single "Flames" release

Scarlet Valse new live-limited single "Flames" will be released at 2018/3/5 (2500 yen, limited 100)

It will be CD (3 tracks) + DVD (including "Flames" MV and making)

[track list]

1. Flames
2. Misty Night(NEW Ver.)
3. Promise(Classical Ver.)

And it's 2,500 yen. That's a lot for a single with really only 1 new song on it.

Even if they sell all 100 copies, they'd only make about $2,330.00 ... I'm not really sure what the point is? I'm sure it costs more to edit and produce a music video, let alone pay a graphic designer for album art, pay to have the CDs physically produced, pay to have it recorded and mastered, and then pay all of the members for recording it. Vkei has a lot of ~magic money~ and I'm really unsure of how it logistically works.

Edited by Peace Heavy mk II

22 minutes ago, suji said:

An MV for a live-limited release? Fucking lame.

Don't worry it is 100% sure that Starwave will upload the MV to the channel after the SOLD OUT, and seeing that it is a Live-limited (100 copies) will be soon.

I don't dislike the new version of Misty Night, seeing that the PV of this is part of the new DVD that contains the PVs. With the single you can have a good quality without having to convert the VOB to mp3.

40 minutes ago, Yukami said:

Was necessary? Have you already run out of old RailTracer songs?

29 minutes ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

And it's 2,500 yen. That's a lot for a single with really only 1 new song on it.

Even if they sell all 100 copies, they'd only make about $2,330.00 ... I'm not really sure what the point is? I'm sure it costs more to edit and produce a music video, let alone pay a graphic designer for album art, pay to have the CDs physically produced, pay to have it recorded and mastered, and then pay all of the members for recording it. Vkei has a lot of ~magic money~ and I'm really unsure of how it logistically works.

I'd guess that it's only live-limited for the moment and they're going to put the song (or a slightly different version of it) on an album later or something, making the "exclusive" content for this single the B-sides, MV and making-of? That, or Kiwamu just did all the graphic design and filmed and edited the video himself to make it as cheaply as possible, which isn't really out of the question given his track record.

My main issue is, what's the point of wearing an eyepatch when his hair is already covering his eye anyway?

kiwamu Does the filming, editing, photography etc shit himself

so it's low cost.  

also youtube plays kiwamu Videos with adds, so kiwamu gets also an income out of that.

(^o^;)

but still why not more songs.

Scarlet Valse new single "Flames" will be released nationwide on at 2018/07/11.

small

CD TrackList:

1. Flames
2. Misty Night (NEW Ver.)
3. Promise (Classical Ver.)
4. Never End (new song)

DVD TrackList:

1. Reincarnation
2. Nocturne
3. Misty Night
4. Darkness Circus
5. Flames
6. Phoenix
7. Raison d'etre
-Drum Solo-
8. Promise
9. Lunatic Mind
10. Shadow's Game
11. Virginal Blood
12. Dear
13. Everlasting Life
14. La neige
15. Story
16. No.6
17. Rose Cruel Scar
18. 揚羽蝶乃夢
19. Secret Eden

I think the musicians are good, but I feel like this band lacks something musically. It's like the songs are somehow soulless, repetitive and cliche to some extent. Probably working on solo intros with some level of complexity, emotion and beauty could fix it. I also feel the vocal is always in some kind of comfort zone where his singing is sort of monotone; his singing needs melodic fluctuations.