geist

Laputa

On 7/30/2018 at 3:17 PM, deedlitmurata said:

I'm also very happy to be able to talk about them.. honestly I don't know anybody else who likes this band the way I do, so i understand the feeling lol  the previews for this album sound awesome, my mailing service says the album will arrive this week, so I will definitely publish my opinion on it ^^  I can't wait to hear new music with Aki's voice which I always liked so much. A few days ago I got nostalgic, and I watched the "Heaven to perfection" DVD, that is such a great concert, I love the set list.  Unfortunately I'm not in Japan, but I'm planning to go by the end of the year for some other concerts I'm interested in, so I will be checking Aki's schedule in case he has something planned around those dates.

Thanks for sharing the Kouichi account, I don't think someone would fake him.. since he is not that famous now, so maybe it is legitimate. About DADA, the only DADA I know of is the vocalist from the band Velvet Eden, I haven't seen them much active recently, so maybe Koichi is working something with this person? interesting..  and thanks a lot for sharing the drawing! it looks amazing :D you have very good drawing skills, maybe you should draw Aki too, or maybe you have done it already? if so, please share too ;)

Most people I know personally name them as just another band they like. And most of them also like dir en grey 😃. I watched some videos (illegally) uploaded on youtube of the solo projects of the other two members and I feel somehow that aki's work resembles Laputa the most. Though I cannot consider it as a continuation of Laputa, it is good enough for me to believe Laputa just changed again. Maybe, if they had not disbanded, this would be how they'd sound now. (But I still like Laputa more). And I'll be looking forward to your opinion on Aki's work. Thank you for talking interest in his solo work too so positively. Once, I searched his name on twitter and found some really negative comments on him, not about his music but his appearance. It is sad that some fans have turned to such views. Though I believe they didn't actually look so good in real life (maybe except for one member), it is simply... too wrong to reject his music because of it. This is one thing I hate about visual kei. The other is the aggression of fans. Surprisingly, the Laputa fans I know, (who also do not hold such opinions and continue to support him), are so much better than the ones I encounter elsewhere.

I read all the tweets on Kouichi's account and I came across him saying he wants to work in Tamiya: "最近 個人的な趣味から TAMIYAに就職を熱望します が バンドはやめなければならないでしょうね". Seems more believable, especially with the latter clause. The account has a lot of weird tweets lol. I can barely understand what he has written in English. And also some personal looking tweets, one of which I take some pleasure in writing here lol: "あーぁ always helena give my painful. because she want to love again...Now elsa love me so crazy..helena knew about there things. 別れたい". I view it with great doubt that he'd actually write something like that on an official account. But he might just be joking lol.

The truth is that I draw them frequently and don't want to spam this thread any more 😂. I am currently drawing Junji and have a plan for drawing aki later (in a certain impressionistic painting from the 1800's perhaps lol). Tomoi too after that. I am just an unemployed 15 year old hobbyist who has no other work (= no commissions) lol. But I am indeed busy due to which I couldn't reply any sooner.

So I received the Aki Revolve album this week, and I have to say I am very pleased and surprised by how good this album is, my favorite song was AFTERWORD, I really love the synths in it with a very catchy rhythm, I've seen some people complaining about Aki's synth  usage, but in my case I love it, and I agree this is the nearest to Laputa sound, especially in the last albums like New temptation, they were moving into that direction and I think it fits very well with Aki's voice, after that my second favorite was 螺旋メリーゴーランド, this song has some guitar lines that reminds me of Laputa older works too, like silent on looker and songs like that, very melodic and pleasant to listen to. Then I loved CLIMAX STARLIGHT, BACK IN THE DAY had very strong beautiful synths and a fast paced chorus that I enjoyed very much, and the lead song REVOLVE is also very good, synths and great guitar solos, this combination is total WIN.

I think I'm going to buy some of the other albums, and I saw he released some new EPs too, but I don't see them listed in the Zoisite shop page, maybe it will be featured later ^^  it's very refreshing to listen to Aki's voice again, I really missed some new material with his beautiful voice. I think their looks were ok, not the main reason of why someone would follow a band, the music needs to be good, and if they look good, for me that's just a plus, in the case of Aki, I think he looks pretty similar to what he looked back then, maybe less thin, but that's just age, he still looks cool and mystic, for me he looks a bit like Yukiya Fujita which is another singer I admire a lot ^_^ and well, considering Aki has almost 50 it's amazing how good he looks in my opinion, and the voice is still as I remember it back in Laputa. 

When you draw Aki, please definitely share it ^_^ I would love to see it.

On 8/12/2018 at 6:28 AM, deedlitmurata said:

So I received the Aki Revolve album this week, and I have to say I am very pleased and surprised by how good this album is, my favorite song was AFTERWORD, I really love the synths in it with a very catchy rhythm, I've seen some people complaining about Aki's synth  usage, but in my case I love it, and I agree this is the nearest to Laputa sound, especially in the last albums like New temptation, they were moving into that direction and I think it fits very well with Aki's voice, after that my second favorite was 螺旋メリーゴーランド, this song has some guitar lines that reminds me of Laputa older works too, like silent on looker and songs like that, very melodic and pleasant to listen to. Then I loved CLIMAX STARLIGHT, BACK IN THE DAY had very strong beautiful synths and a fast paced chorus that I enjoyed very much, and the lead song REVOLVE is also very good, synths and great guitar solos, this combination is total WIN.

I think I'm going to buy some of the other albums, and I saw he released some new EPs too, but I don't see them listed in the Zoisite shop page, maybe it will be featured later ^^  it's very refreshing to listen to Aki's voice again, I really missed some new material with his beautiful voice. I think their looks were ok, not the main reason of why someone would follow a band, the music needs to be good, and if they look good, for me that's just a plus, in the case of Aki, I think he looks pretty similar to what he looked back then, maybe less thin, but that's just age, he still looks cool and mystic, for me he looks a bit like Yukiya Fujita which is another singer I admire a lot ^_^ and well, considering Aki has almost 50 it's amazing how good he looks in my opinion, and the voice is still as I remember it back in Laputa. 

When you draw Aki, please definitely share it ^_^ I would love to see it.

I too am planning to buy some other albums from him but I will not have time to listen to anything till next April... Some of the releases were available only for a limited time. At least I do not know of anything announced that is not on Zoisite yet. And thank you so much for the review. It is difficult to find even Japanese reviews on his works.

aki follows Yukiya on Twitter and frequently writes about kain so I know about him. Didn't he even perform with them once? To tell the truth, when I was new to aki, I often mistook Yukiya's photos for his xd. I am glad I am not the only one who thinks he still looks good, commenting things like "cute" on his Instagram a lot before until I realised it might be annoying lol. Do you follow him there?

As for his voice, I am sure it has changed very recently, sometime after last year's November. Take a look at this video and compare his voice in this with his voice in the previous videos. It is not only his singing voice which has changed but also his speaking voice. I thought it is just his singing voice. Revolve was released in early 2017 or 2016 (I don't remember) but at least not after or near November 2017 lol. It is a minor change but I cannot explain it.  And there is such a huge difference in his singing voice and speaking voice!

Edited by setsuha_

Omg they're one of my favourite bands! I never get tired of listening to his music... :3

Edited by HimawariHime

On 6/29/2018 at 4:45 AM, setsuha_ said:

@jaymee They talk about them?! Mind giving an example you might remember? I used to always argue that they are still popular in Japan and nobody believed me. But they have lost a lot of support from overseas. I seriously drew a fan art and posted it on a group on Facebook with nearly 7000 members and no one recognised them.

Sorry for the super slow response I don't have a ton of time to check in lately. 😧

Usually it's just a band member talking about famous Nagoya bands, mentioning Laputa, and/or talking about how they were/are a fan and that kind of thing. ^^ They might put a Laputa song or two in the bgm playlist before the live starts.

Last PLC tour when they were joking about us older gya (as they often do), they were imitating being an older gya back in the day and pretending like they were on their way to a Laputa live.

Sadly I don't ever feel like Laputa were *that* popular in the English-speaking fandom even when v-kei had taken over a sizable space on Livejournal, but I noticed a lot of Spanish speakers into them back then? Idk.