Sign in to follow this  
Vercingetorix

FATE GEAR new album "7 years ago" release

Godmother Mina only managed a single album in 10 years with DESTROSE but is about to make it 3 in 4 with FATE GEAR. Go figure.

"7 years ago" drops 11/04/2018 and has an uber random cast of guests (listed by track)

1.  Prelude of Earth
  2. 7 years ago - feat. 大山まき (Oyama Maki) (vo.) / Jill (violin)
  3. 心葬 - feat. 荊 (Ibara) (vo.) / idyako (dr.)
  4. Heart’s Grave (DESTROSE cover) - feat. 大山まき (Oyama Maki) (vo.) / Maki (ba.)
  5. Chained-Destiny - feat. 大山まき (Oyama Maki) (vo.)
  6. 嵐音 -arashine-
  7. Little Spring
  8. Fenixx 2011 (DESTROSE cover) - feat. 大山まき (Oyama Maki) (vo.)
  9. 7 years ago -refrain- feat. Manami (vo.) / 荊 (Ibara) (vo.) / Jill (violin)

Singer Nico's only on 嵐音 -arashine- and Little Spring, but if JaME is to be believed, Mina seems to be a tad worried about it looking like she's alienated yet another bandmate:

"Although frontwoman Nico only sings two tracks on the album, both she and Mina have been keen to reassure fans that she is still a member of the band."

That article also says Manami's been covering for Nico live too, so feck knows what's up.

Edited by Vercingetorix

Hope this will be as good as -OZ Rebellion- was. I'm glad to know Nico is still part of the band (kinda) and that will take part on the album. Didn't she get a voice acting job or something like that? That could explain her lack of time for the band.

5 hours ago, SHOKI said:

Hope this will be as good as -OZ Rebellion- was. I'm glad to know Nico is still part of the band (kinda) and that will take part on the album. Didn't she get a voice acting job or something like that? That could explain her lack of time for the band.

Could go either way - the guest singers are all pretty solid, idyako and Maki are just plain random, but I'm a tad apprehensive because of Kurumi's reduced role. She apparently co-produced the songs with Nico on, but her replacement Yuri is only credited on four songs. Personally thought the keyboards were what made OZ so good.

Edited by Vercingetorix

6 hours ago, Dudemanguy said:

Maybe this album can do the trick. There's a new MV out by the way.

Hmm, not the hottest first impression Mina's made. Lead vocal's solid, solos are ok, melody's a bit limp, and the jowly one in the top hat doesn't add much.

That said, they've really nailed the steampunk look this time out, although I'm pretty sure Mina's just taken apart some clocks and glued the debris to her guitar.

Sign in to follow this