Komorebi

Nocturnal Bloodlust will release a new EP

1 hour ago, Kiryu999 said:

Eh I don't know what to think.. some parts are nice but overall the song structure doesn't make much sense to me

My thoughts exactly!

I think it’s a song that will grow on you over time. 

I like the opening, and the brief solo...but overall I'm not feeling the major key chrous, and no real heavy bits.

Some parts made me think of Powerman 5000 lol, pass for now until I can hear it with EQ.

I do like really messy songs but this feels terribly executed. As if they were shooting for going out of the regular territory but didn't put time into making sure it came together well.

Especially that weird guitar sax sound what even was that.

Seeing all the negative comments, I was trying to listen to it with an optimistic ear, but it's just ... not good. The song is all over the place. The transition from the intro is so sudden and nonsensical and then there's random synth and ... saxophone? I love Nokubura (one of the best live shows I've ever seen), but this one is just a miss for me.

Hmmm....ok...

Pros:

-Band and video looks awesome

-Love the chorus especially the second time when they do it different around the 2:00 mark

Cons:

-structure of the song was....nonexistent? Nothing seemed to flow well into itself and then the chorus seems to just pop out of nowhere

-I felt the solo was just random and no bro0tal

-mixing sounds muddy

-it's boring and I feel it drags on after the solo

Honestly, the songs they typically choose for the main song isn't my favorite so I wasn't expecting much. I look forward to the other ones that will be on the mini. This is actually the WORSE of their title songs from their releases. I don't really think it'll grow on me. 

Edited by jduv86

since my first impression of WHITEOUT i listened to the song a few more times now and my opinion completely changed.

after a few more listens i have to say i really like the song! 

you still get your screams and growls and that refrain sounds sooooo damn addictive and amazing!

also the few comments about the song structure i can't really rely on cuz for me everything fits totally well. every tempo change is well executed imo or its just because i am just used too so much after all those years listening to Vk who knows....

(and i am not saying this because my initial opinion of the song changed because although at first i thought the song was just "OK" even then i thought everything fits together pretty well) 

but i gotta say even though almost everyone seems to like "Live to Die" i never really liked this song.... because there's nothing which screams "Vk" to me to be found within that song...

but since the title of the 3rd song is in japanese i am super curious what it'll sound like... - done for now... XD

Edited by VkBrutaliaN

Loved the song and thought it went together wonderfully. I did here the song live too but it sounds better here since I actually get to focus on the sound of it since I was all over the place at the live. All that being said its a wonderful song and I can't wait for them to return with more later on ^_^