nick

DIR EN GREY new single "人間を被る" (Ningen wo Kaburu) release

Looking forward to the whole ningen wo kaburu , sounds really good , the chorus is a gold.

And new Ash sounds decent , not that bad.

And apparently , Kyo-sama seems to cannot perform like the past which is from that live track ,
Also the vocal-style change is too hard to him now.

As someone who has listened to Ash daily for the past decade or so I can honestly say that the Ash solo is the best piece of music they've made since pre-Arche at least. I'm not sure what Kyo is doing vocally in some parts though (changing the lyrics completely kind of sucks), but the music is spot on.

Oh yeah and there was a new song somewhere on the single too, I rather enjoy it. The chorus is neat.

I need lyrics for the new song... it sounds so weird... also, there's some weird sound at the beginning?

Ash blows everything outta the water though.

Utafumi... well, no. Just no.

This compression really bums me out. Is this 2005?

Ash is neat but I can’t get over Shinya’s mechanical TAKATAKATAKATAKA for most of the song. The omitted intro sounds makes me sad too, especially since they’re so weak when they do come in. ppthhh pt pt pt pthh

99% convinced that everything Shinya does in the studio is triggered samples.  Performance aside, he has one of the worst sounding drum kits I’ve heard since the DSS era. 

Aww damn, so he’s not saying “YOU’RE A PROSTITUTE” after all. 

I like the sound of 人間を被る, I'm a bitch for Kyo's screams so I've got everything I need. First time I've heard of Ash, had to look it up. This new version sounds really good. Not even worth mentioning the live recording of Utafumi. I like that song but it should be a crime to put such an awful recording on a single and make people pay for it. Kyo sounds horrendous.

I don't have nothing in particular to say about  人間を被る,is just a good track. Ash seems to be the highlight of the single,and was a fantastic idea re recording it,just didn't like the change of lyrics and the new chorus,they should have kept it the same (I guess I'll never play utafumi again, seriously)

Edited by Manji 卍

absolutely PRAYING they'll somehow pull an 'ain't afraid to die' and leave Utafumi off the next album

The title track sounds like how it is expected to sound 👍🏼

Ash tho, I am really pleased with Ash rerecording/remake

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiHEj9KDilWwlyiF_YB1u

17 minutes ago, Saishu said:

But let’s be honest, Utafumi is not the worst live track they’ve put on a single...

pretty much all live tracks from that era sound like Garbage 

The live tracks on the Ryoujoku no Ame single are horrible too. Poor Mr.Newsman

10 minutes ago, blacktooth said:

I wonder if the Utafumi live was more a label decision than anything. 

I think so. A shot in one take of any other old track would be a better decision. Like they did with shokubeni in the hageshisa single

I think you "need" to have three tracks in order to charge "maxi single" prices for the CD, so I'm guessing the band didn't really have much say in that last track tacked on. It's basically just so they (the label) can charge 200-500yen more per CD with minimum effort, since they already have access to all the live audio recordings as is. 

1 - 人間を被 - I liked it a lot, I found the track sensational. LOVE
2 - Ash  - I did not expect this, it was a pleasant surprise, they kept a lot of the essence of the song and added a touch of ARCHE.  LOVE
3 - 詩踏み [LIVE] - What a horrible track, total shit. The end has mainly irritated me a lot. SHIT

Still better than most of Western music, where a single is literally just one song, not even in physical form. Laughable.

Edited by Seelentau

I prefer Instrumental  on title track than LIVE version of songs actually, if they wanna make it 3 songs so they can charge people more.