nick

DIR EN GREY new single "人間を被る" (Ningen wo Kaburu) release

21 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

Can you share it somehow? I managed to record the preview, but well... I want the whole song :D

I have no idea how to go about doing that. I don’t think it’s something I can rip and upload. 

Beaides, I leaked Uroboros I’m not doing anything to further annoy Papa Kaoru. 

Looking forward to hearing the rest of 人間を被る, I don't mind the Un deux vibes.

I am very relieved to say that I recognise Ash; it appears they did not tsumi to batsu that song!

Whoever told them it was a good idea to include that live recording of 詩踏み lied. This band has been lied to. If they were really so pressed to fulfil some three track quota, they could have just re-recorded another song.

It sounds like one of the only difference between the radio edit and single version is they included a four measure riff which they play four times to bridge the chorus and verse together.

Sounds like we've heard that song in its entirety already.

EDIT: oh shit, I have the full single already on Apple Music

Edited by geist

I'm starting to fear they may have cut (or severely truncated) the intro to Ash. Then again I'm only basing this off of the preview and the shorter runtime.

Edited by blacktooth
forgot the fapple music dudes have the full version

Even with a new sound team they're using the same old loudness wars production.

For their 25th release, Ningen Wo Kaburu, Dir en grey has hired Brian Gardner from the United States of America, who was the mastering engineer of such big artists as Madonna, Eminem, Katy Perry, Linkin Park and Michael Jackson. 

In addition to Brian, they have also enlisted the British engineer Dan Lancaster, who has previously worked on the rock band BMTH. He emphasises to make songs with a worldwide popularity. 

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20180422-00000210-sph-ent

31 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Maybe it’s Apple music’s streaming quality or whatever but god the production is so shitty why do they keep doing this to my ears?!

I noticed the same thing. I’m waiting until my physical copy comes in, but with iTunes I noticed one or two dips in volume, and strange mixing decisions that may actually have been intentional. I’m not one to say “more Kyo”, but especially in the “Coda” — I guess I would call it — kyos screams get buried in the mix.  

I didn’t notice anything jarring on Ash; but overall I really like the new single at least. 

I'm glad Ash was given the MACABRE treatment and stayed fairly true to the original with added parts

although, it seems that they're consistently straying from the DSS sound which makes me lowkey sad lol

38 minutes ago, geist said:

I noticed the same thing. I’m waiting until my physical copy comes in, but with iTunes I noticed one or two dips in volume, and strange mixing decisions that may actually have been intentional. I’m not one to say “more Kyo”, but especially in the “Coda” — I guess I would call it — kyos screams get buried in the mix.  

I didn’t notice anything jarring on Ash; but overall I really like the new single at least. 

The part in Ash where it gets “quiet” for the first part of the solo is totally ruined because Shinya’s compressed-as-fuck snare doesn’t change with the dynamics of the song. 

The mixing is so bad some of Kyo’s vocals are almost inaudable. 

Also I miss the Uroboros/DSS era DEG.

Not sure why they are going back to their nu-metal sound, Kyo’s Slipknot-esque vocals are not good at all.

ohhh I can not wait for the XIIIteen to steal the kyopera/underwater filter/rapping mix from 0:47 —>, withering to death vibez!

ash preview sounds as basic and awful as anticipated

1 hour ago, blacktooth said:

Even with a new sound team they're using the same old loudness wars production.

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20180422-00000210-sph-ent

I don't recall any of artists listed having good production, but katy perry and kyo have a similar studio/live vocal disparity so they probably were looking for this sort of experience precisely

6 hours ago, WhirlingBlack said:

Okay, it seems that I'm mistaken and the new song they've played live ISN'T Ash and just has a similar main riff? The sample and the live track doesn't match up at all. This explains the one minute discrepancy, but doesn't explain Shinyas instagram post. Either way I'm beyond relieved but still puzzled. 

Lol so Shinya doesn’t even know which songs he’s been playing live? At least he’s pretty.

Edited by Kelrya