nick

DIR EN GREY new single "人間を被る" (Ningen wo Kaburu) release

Shinya posted on Instagram that they’ve either already played Ash on this tour or will play it later during this tour. I can’t tell which because it cuts off mid-sentence and you need a paid subscription to continue reading on his fan site (lol). I wonder if that “punk is not dead” song could actually be the Ash remake? He mentions there being three new songs on this tour, 人間を被る、the one from the Kisou tour, and Ash.

Edited by Kelrya

Maybe it's a completely new song and they just accidentally also named it Ash :^)

I think with the Vestige remakes, the idea was to stay close to the originals since they’re on a collection of songs that people are familiar with. When it comes to remakes as b-sides, well, anything goes. 

Dir en grey doesn't care about distribution to the Americas anymore. Too many scarring experiences from stalker fans and Kyo's feelings have been irreparably damaged by the leaks.

13 minutes ago, blacktooth said:

Dir en grey doesn't care about distribution to the Americas anymore. Too many scarring experiences from stalker fans and Kyo's feelings have been irreparably damaged by the leaks.

It will be on US iTunes anyway, even if come a little bit later.

39 minutes ago, LIDL said:

It will be on US iTunes anyway, even if come a little bit later.

It’ll probably be on there this Friday, but given how they handled Utafumi it’ll just be the radio edit version. No additional tracks. 

22 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Well... it’s not officially out until the 25th. CDJapan shipped mine today though. 

same, and now the inevitable waiting game begins. EMS better hurry it up!

Wanted to ask those, who pre-ordered single on CDJapan.
Have they always send some kind of gift? I.e. i've received Utafumi poster when pre-ordered disc.

Yeah, i usually get a poster. On some rare occasions I got stuff like a multicolor ink pen from preordering NoGod’s “V”, postcards, or weird shit like what I think was incense or maybe some sort of firecrackers from Onmyouza. 

1 hour ago, Seelentau said:

I don’t know either, because it’s not on US iTunes yet. 

Uhhh... okay well the whole single is up on Apple Music but not for sale in the store?

I have no idea what’s different about the full version of Ningen wo Kaburu, sounds the same to me. 

6 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Uhhh... okay well the whole single is up on Apple Music but not for sale in the store?

I'm not an apple user, but a friend explained that Apple Music and iTunes are two different things. I initially thought it was on iTunes, but apparently, there's just the preview I linked (and maybe the full single for Apple Music user?).

Dunno, all I'm trying is to download the preview somehow...

Well I’m listening to the full single on Apple Music. Had to sign up for a three month trial to do it, but I’m going to cancel it before they start charging me. 

Who said the solo gotten taken out of Ash? It’s still there. 

EDIT: Ash is pretty straightforward, just with some fat trimmed and a new section. Arrangement wise it hasn’t changed much. If anyone is going to have an issue with it, it’ll probably be with Kyo’s vocal delivery. I personally can’t stand Shinya’s clicky kick drum tone. 

Edited by Saishu

Okay, it seems that I'm mistaken and the new song they've played live ISN'T Ash and just has a similar main riff? The sample and the live track doesn't match up at all. This explains the one minute discrepancy, but doesn't explain Shinyas instagram post. Either way I'm beyond relieved but still puzzled. 

13 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Well I’m listening to the full single on Apple Music. Had to sign up for a three month trial to do it, but I’m going to cancel it before they start charging me.

Can you share it somehow? I managed to record the preview, but well... I want the whole song :D