nick

DIR EN GREY new single "人間を被る" (Ningen wo Kaburu) release

25 minutes ago, geist said:

yikes, that's not a good sign. An additional verse and chorus? An additional verse and a short outro? 

That means the radio edit isn't much different than the full song.

So it’s Utafumi all over again. I’m guessing that the jolting transition into the first chorus is due to something missing. More to the first verse maybe?

This is the highest quality version of the track I've heard.

But the guy's guitar is a little too loud on the left side.

Edited by Dillinger

This is better than Utafumi. And I can tell this will get more plays than Utafumi ever will. It’s a rockin track but i guess I was looking forward to more variation on the guitars. I’m still kinda bothered that it sounds hauntingly similar to Un Deux. 

I hope whatever they do next suprises me because as much as I like this...I’m still waiting on a track to make me insert the shocked black guy gif. I haven’t felt that way since ARCHE and even then only a handful of songs from that album warrants a response like that.

Edited by Ro plz

liked the riffs and the usual kyo's "chaotic" singing,but the chorus...idk,the chorus didn't hit me

feels liked i'm listening something from ARCHE,and ARCHE was a solid album,but i want something nostalgic or surprising

well,i guess i should consider that Kyo is putting his creativity and all that he got in  Sukekiyo as well...

15 hours ago, Saishu said:

So it’s Utafumi all over again. I’m guessing that the jolting transition into the first chorus is due to something missing. More to the first verse maybe?

I feel the transition into the first chorus is good but from the chorus into the bridge, I feel there is a cut at 01:18/01:19 in the guitar cover version/radio song. Maybe there could be another part connecting the chorus and bridge missing? But could just be me, feels so sudden and not smooth for me. Also at 02:26 i feel somethings missing connecting the following part.

Also I love the drumming especially from 00:38, dont know why there seems much bashing towards Shinya (but im no drummer so idk skillwise).

Otherwise im really hyped.. the video, kyos look, the いきてる (?) part. Really looking forward to it.

11 hours ago, Kelrya said:

I saw that earlier and was wondering how he got ahold of a higher quality version.

He didn't, he's just playing over the track with his own guitar, which of course sounds better than the radio take^^

22 hours ago, Seelentau said:

"Well, for this song... we tried something entirely new... while also keeping in touch with the DIR EN GREY up until now... but it's also the current DIR EN GREY and a glimpse of tomorrow, as well... yeah... I wrote the lyrics mainly from the point of an disabled elderly pregnant child, but I want the fans to form their own opinion on the meaning... it's probably very dark though"

That's about the gist of it. :)

http://kurumeki.tumblr.com/post/173129408786/vnshkk-dir-en-grey-20180420-dir-en-grey

"I feel Ningen wo kaburu really is the best at expressing us as we are now."

:D

2 hours ago, filth_y said:

Also I love the drumming especially from 00:38, dont know why there seems much bashing towards Shinya (but im no drummer so idk skillwise).

It’s not his skill necessarily, just that he lacks variety. The drumming in this contains fills and patterns that Shinya has been rockin for several years now. It just adds to the “been there, done that” vibe so many of us are getting with this song. 

It sounds good, but yet another short song... Here's the duration for the full single:

1. 人間を被る (3:44)

2. Ash (4:36)

3. 詩踏み [LIVE] (Live Take at Zepp Tokyo on October 12,2017) (4:20)

Surprised by how generic everything except the chorus sounds, which itself only shines for like 2-3 seconds.

Is this seriously they best they got for us after years of waiting? 

*Edit, they didn't even add a bridge before the chorus?

Edited by dannemannen

I’m looking forward to the Ash re-re-remake although I’m not sure why they felt the need to make a fourth version of it, but it’s disappointing that it’s so much shorter than any of the other versions.

I think 人間を被る will sound a lot better once the high-quality version is released since certain things like what sounds like Kyo’s low growls from 1:31 to 1:39 are nearly inaudible currently. I miss the more progressive elements from Uroboros and DSS though tbh although I think this is a solid song overall.