nick

DIR EN GREY new single "人間を被る" (Ningen wo Kaburu) release

"Well, for this song... we tried something entirely new... while also keeping in touch with the DIR EN GREY up until now... but it's also the current DIR EN GREY and a glimpse of tomorrow, as well... yeah... I wrote the lyrics mainly from the point of an disabled elderly pregnant child, but I want the fans to form their own opinion on the meaning... it's probably very dark though"

That's about the gist of it. :)

^ Sounds amazing, even though it's basically Un Deux and Revelation of Mankind mixed together

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, props for that pube-stache...charming.

Edited by 123Sandman321
Missíng word

sounds like a【the 13teen】 b-side!

(I can't stop cackling at both radio hosts talking in vocal fry at the beginning lmao)

Edited by nekkichi
Missing wig

Sounds like a mix of Un Deux, The IIID Empire and Revelation of Mankind. I like it but Kyo’s mid-range scream hasn’t been good since Marrow of a Bone. He sounds like an old man when he tries to do it unless there’s a bunch of distortion on it. The chorus on The IIID Empire remake for example sounded really bad. His growls and high screams and cleans still sound good though. It’s hard to hear much with recording quality (I can barely hear the harsh vocals in the second verse or much of the guitar melody at all) but it sounds pretty good other than some strange vocals. Seems like they are going for a Vulgar/Withering to Death era meets Arche sound with this album. It definitely sounds like something was cut right before the first chorus because that transition sounds awkward. They cut like 20 seconds or so from the first verse of 詩踏み as well.

1 hour ago, mopkins said:

I think I'm way into it

I'll withhold full judgment until I hear a version that wasn't recorded in a vat of pudding

It's actually straight from the radio stream ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Ash remake, I bet, is going to be a far better song than ningen o kaburu. I'm hearing some similarities to Sustain the Untruth (guitar effect after the intro), and Utafumi (vocal delivery). I love Kaoru's parts as usual; but I reallllyyy want to know how long the full track is supposed to be. If it's 5 minutes+ then I'm optimistic it will be incredible; but if it's not much longer than the Radio Edit, then I'm going to be concerned.

1 minute ago, Saishu said:

I remember Rinkaku getting chopped to hell for the radio edit, so we’ll see.

Damn near half the song was missing if I remember correctly. 2 and a half minutes or so.

46 minutes ago, WhirlingBlack said:

The complete song is about 3min 40sec give or take some seconds.

yikes, that's not a good sign. An additional verse and chorus? An additional verse and a short outro? 

That means the radio edit isn't much different than the full song.

The intro reminds me of Avenged Sevenfold's Nightmare album for whatever reason. It gives me some Western metal feel and then bamm, the actual song starts^^

After having listened to it for some time now, I'm not sure what to think... it feels... all over the place, I'd say? I had the same feeling with Utafumi, if all songs on the new album are like that, it won't top ARCHE for me, tbqh.