nick

DIR EN GREY new single "人間を被る" (Ningen wo Kaburu) release

The Un Deux comparisons are definitely warranted here. It sounds pretty good! Kaoru's Viper looks fuckin' sexy tho

2 hours ago, Ob777 said:

I'm a bit disappointed with the preview, it really did not excite me. But I was able to see something a little different from the ARCHE. But I'm curious to see the full song.

Kaoru said that he's aiming for something new and fresh with their new work but yeah this doesn't seem to reflect that so far.

This could also be a relatively old song compared to the rest they're working on the album, but I wouldn't hold my breath for a big change in sound.

1 hour ago, Ro plz said:

Kaoru said that he's aiming for something new and fresh with their new work but yeah this doesn't seem to reflect that so far.

I felt it with Dozing Green, when it came out I thought it was not too far from their last work, but then I could see how it fit into the context of the new album. Now we have utafumi and Ningen Wo Kaburu, through these songs I do not realize something very far from ARCHE, my expectation is that the album places these songs within the context that they seek to express, with this "new" style that they long for.

Now...I've been hearing this all day, I'm really enjoying this final part of the song/video. ^^

Edited by Ob777

12 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

Sounds kinda boring so far tbh. Still, gonna check out the full song when it drops.

Thank god someone else said this. I was afraid of getting attacked by the mobs lol.

Edited by YuyoDrift
I guess other people said this too. Gotta read all the posts first lol.

Listen up thots...DEG r gonna troll us all and every other track on the album except for utafumi and this are going to be decaying crow levels of insanity

I think the chorus in the teaser sounds amazing to be honest , I just hope there are some heavier moments coming as well. Since we have sukekiyo for Kyo’s softer side I’ve actually been hoping for something Decayed Crow-esque. Arche was good but it has the opposite problem as DSS. Both albums are great but with DSS I wished there were a couple more memorable melodic choruses, and then with Arche we got too much of that and I missed the more aggressive and experimental elements of the last few records.

I was hoping for a rhythm gimmick that wasn't triplets. That's why this sounds like Un Deux deux. Why don't they play with time signatures anymore or even funky syncopation like in Lotus?

2 hours ago, emmny said:

Listen up thots...DEG r gonna troll us all and every other track on the album except for utafumi and this are going to be decaying crow levels of insanity

Album is gonna fucking suck then

3 hours ago, Disposable said:

I Despise the guitar tone and their riffing style at this point. Sukekiyo is about ten times the band they are these days

Shinya’s drum patterns are getting boring too. 

14 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Shinya’s drum patterns are getting boring too. 

That goober does the same thing in every song and hopes nobody will notice.

3 minutes ago, blacktooth said:

That goober does the same thing in every song and hopes nobody will notice.

Exactly. What the hell happened to him? I would assume that less aggressive material would be more inspiring to him, but that’s obviously not the case. 

7 hours ago, Ob777 said:

I felt it with Dozing Green, when it came out I thought it was not too far from their last work, but then I could see how it fit into the context of the new album. 

Idk....I felt like Dozing Green did a great job at shedding away from TMOAB. The cause of alarm here for me is that unless im mistaken, I don't think there's been a Dir en grey song in memory till now that i can say that it "sounds exactly" like (insert song). This sounds (so far) uninspired just like Utafumi, even though Utafumi does pack a punch to it.