nick

DIR EN GREY new single "人間を被る" (Ningen wo Kaburu) release

:shock:

Ash??? Well, that was unexpected... Especially because they haven't played it during mode of Macabre.

And then we have half of Arche, spread across the mode of everything. They've even included mode of Gauze, wow...

I literally can imagine how it's going to sound (shitty acoustic guitar wank fading into 3 seconds of silence + mumbled spoken sentence or two —> brrruugghgghghMEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW —> ASH!!!! - gurrrrgurrrgurrrgurrrgurrhuguhurrggurr-chug-chug-chug-chug-chug-chug-squeal-dun-dun-dun-dun)

1 minute ago, nekkichi said:

D I S B A N D,   N O W

3 hours ago, johnesh said:

Now they've re-recorded their entire back catalogue, maybe they can do something new!

There's still "Sangeki no Yoru" for them to re-rec, along with the rest of MISSA.

Oh and of course Toriko and -I'll-.

Edited by Seelentau

On 7.2.2018 at 7:46 PM, Vercingetorix said:

When were most artists' B-sides ever good? I think I've only ever found one single (I forget who by) where the B-side outdid the title track.

But does a song have to outdo the title track to be good? Like can't albums with more than one track be amazing because there's usually one standout track that's better than the rest?

2 hours ago, nekkichi said:

I literally can imagine how it's going to sound (shitty acoustic guitar wank fading into 3 seconds of silence + mumbled spoken sentence or two —> brrruugghgghghMEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW —> ASH!!!! - gurrrrgurrrgurrrgurrrgurrhuguhurrggurr-chug-chug-chug-chug-chug-chug-squeal-dun-dun-dun-dun)

oh god i can already hear it being exactly like this 

If Ash gets the vestige remake treatment I'd be casually optimistic. But given how they butchered my other favorite track Unknown...Despair...a Lost, my first reaction was still utter dread upon seeing this. I'll reserve judgement until after we've gotten some samples at least.

Yeah it'll probably be just a completely new song,

except they'll claim it's a remake.

Because obviously we liked it the first few times it happened!! (Ok, some of them grew on me, but there is a point where it gets annoying)

I believe that Ash is going to be good. Judging by the last three re records , they won't change that much the song structure,they probably recorded the 4 tracks in the same period.Cant wait for this one,I love Ash.Next track to re record: "PINK KILLER" !!!

(But,I don't get it,when the band don't change much the re recorded version ,people complain that there's a lack of creativity,and when they change it people say "oh, they ruined my fav song".)

Edited by Manji 卍

That can have two explanations:
1) The people saying "they're lacking creativity/are repetitive/etc." are not the same people saying "they ruined my favourite song/their new album isn't real DEG/whatever".

2) They're the same, but don't like the kind of change the band has undergone, like "they became stale, but the new direction they're taking is boring too" or so.

Personally, I still don't understand people complaining about new directions. It's not like anyone is forcing them to listen to the new material, neither does the old material vanish.

And then there's the nostalgia factor, obviously~

I think I'm starting to look forward to Ash just by virtue of it pissing everyone here off.

Years ago, when the Hageshisa single was released, I wanted a Kiri to Mayu remake because I knew how good that song could be with their new sound, and I think that will be the case for Ash as well. If you don't like Metal, you're not going to like this.

Edited by geist

59 minutes ago, geist said:

If you don't like Metal, you're not going to like this.

I don't like the cognitive dissonance that hearing remade songs with kyo's butchered new vocals is giving me :`(

5 hours ago, Disposable said:

oh god i can already hear it being exactly like this 

I'll probably crawl in the corner and spend a day crieing when itz out orz

Edited by nekkichi

34 minutes ago, Saishu said:

I love that I was recently bitching about how they’ve ignored Ash for years and now here we are. 

Careful what you wish for! I'm still holding out hope for Garden.....

I cant believe after all these years of playing it they STILL haven't bothered to officially record that new version of Mazohyst, i keep expecting it to be the new b-side and it just keeps on being skipped over