plastic_rainbow

envy returns with new lineup

DVVmBskUMAA6oZH.jpg

It was announced on February 6th that members Masahiro Tobita (gu) and Dairoku Seki (dr) have departed envy and will retire. On April 1st envy will return with a new lineup and perform at a show titled "LAST WISH" at Daikanyama Unit. With Nobukata Kawai (gu) and Manabu Nakagawa (ba) as the remaining original members, they'll gain 3 new support members as listed below:

yOshi (bassist of killie)
Taki Yoshimitsu (guitarist and back vocals of 9mm Parabellum Bullet)
Hiroki (drummer of heaven in her arms, and previously supported envy on drums)

It has not been specified yet what part the members will take other than Hiroki who will support as drums. It's also worth noting that their return live date is exactly two years since the announcement of Tetsuya's departure, which we were all hoping was some april fool's joke at the time...

(also, i'm literally trying not to freak out cuz i'll be in japan and will get to see theeeemm!!!!! and that hot lineup dayum)

New line up seems awesome so glad for this news but bitter Sweet I guess they've lost almost all of their original members now is this even "envy"?

i would've thought that if it was still all the original members, but now with three new support members the possibility of them having a new vocalist seems possible.......plus there's no need for two bassists, unless one of them will switch to guitar or something

Edited by plastic_rainbow

i really dont know how to feel about this, lineup is decent but 3 original members are gone...wow i thought envy were going to last forever (lol)

i have an envy tattoo so heres to hoping that this new lineup doesnt shit all over their legacy so I won't have to get that baby lasered off

Is Taki the guy who usually does the screamed backing vocals in 9mm? If so, maybe he'll be a new (temporary) vocalist? 

yOshi also sings in some other bands, but in a style that totally wouldnt fit envy imo. I thought he would step down a little from music after his marriage last year.

Hiroki is the best drummer from all bands i've seen in japan over the years imo. Such a beast on the drums and nice guy on top.

I thought envy was kind of idol for killie but especially for hiha, so i guess the guys must have been really happy to support them :) 

As long as Nobukata doesn't retire I'm okay.

...and that lineup is not bad at all tbh.

Edited by indigo

11 hours ago, Tokage said:

Is Taki the guy who usually does the screamed backing vocals in 9mm? If so, maybe he'll be a new (temporary) vocalist? 

Nah that's their bassist.

9mm's music has been fairly sterile over the past decade now? So I wonder if being in Envy will reignite that rawness that I know Taki has.

12 hours ago, filth_y said:

Hiroki is the best drummer from all bands i've seen in japan over the years imo. Such a beast on the drums and nice guy on top.

seconding how good his drumming for heaven in her arms is, but i don't think they'll be giving some chaotic drumming here--who knows, maybe envy will get back to their old furious ways!

So.... Tetsuya came back for the show, and is just in the band again?!?

From their Facebook

Thank you very much for tonite.

This is new line up of members.

_Tetsuya Fukagawa
_Nobukata Kawai
_Manabu Nakagawa
_yOshi (killie)
_Yoshimitsu Taki (9mm Parabellum Bullet)
_Hiroki Watanabe (Heaven In Her Arms)

@plastic_rainbowdid you go to this? How was it??

Edited by The Reverend

WHAT THE ENTIRE FUCK THOSE DAMN TROLLS

the guys took a smart one year hiatus as a...massive joke....fuCK