yuuzhea ikubaru

Yu ( 摩天楼オペラ(Matenrou Opera)) - Will Retire from music activities

[TWITTER]
opera_yu : it was annouced at today's Sendai performace, in 2nd march EX THEATER ROPPONGI performance I will retire from Matenrou Opera and I decided to retire from music activities. 

this is so sad T----T it's terrible when members have to retire due to illness. u can tell yu really loved being in matenrou and playing there. he's such a great drummer too... 

3 hours ago, nekkichi said:

stopped caring about ha once he dropped the visual look, hope someone better will replace him!

Do you react the same way to every visual rocker who ditch the make-up?

As for a replacement, my money's on Fumiya "Fu-min" Morishita because he's played in every other damn metal band in Japan except this one.

1 hour ago, Vercingetorix said:

Do you react the same way to every visual rocker who ditch the make-up?

every time it coincides with band's music losing the creative jùs. their guitarist swap was an upgrade so far, so I don't expect less now.

does this help you get unpressed a bit?

Edited by nekkichi

12 minutes ago, Zeus said:
  1. What's up with his health?

It seems he's suffering from dystonia in his left hand, which basically means the movements of his hand are compromised.

I feel for the guy, hopefully he gets proper treatment!

Edited by saishuu

38 minutes ago, ShanethVarosa said:

Stick a fork in them, they’re done

Not cooked to perfection just yet.

This is saddening news, and following an impressive last year nonetheless.

A small speedbump, I'm sure. I don't follow them all too well, but I'd imagine that this is a condition that they've been aware of for some time, so I wouldn't be surprised if a replacement was not already in the works.

Still, their guitars have (in my opinion) been the highlight of their overall change in sound for the last couple years. So while it's a small blow, lets hope their motivation is still at it's highest.

For me personally Anzi was a majority of the draw to this band. He’s insanely talented, and itnisnt as though I’m not accustomed to sudden Band changes, but I think there is a je ne sais quois lacking at this time without Anzi. And now to be down the drummer as well... idk I just can’t see this being a good thing. If they release another EP and it isn’t at least back on par im not sure I can really continue to follow them. 

For me Chikyuu was lacking something and as someone who follows the band, the atmosphere with Anzi was so tense and wrong... which is something no one really noticed until he was gone, and while JaY is inexperienced and young, he did bring to the band a new refreshing feel and they seemed to enjoy performing live again. I am sure they are shaping him as a guitarist and even though he is not Anzi, that does not mean they cannot grow in another direction.

Yuu's departure is saddening, but, as Yuyo said, they've been aware of it for quite a while, this is not a sudden decision for them.

I am really happy of how they've grown and chaged these past two years and with Pantheon, part I and II, I feel their sound has matured and evolved the right way. and I am sure they feel it that way too.

When most core members is not there anymore, they are only stay living because of their past glories but can they actually stand out once more, not too sure.

As for me, they are as good as dead tbh :tw_frown:

Long overdue. yu was playing one-handed at a recorded event in June 2017.

Sono and ayame as songwriters are still pretty good. I've been enjoying PANTHEON pt. 2 thoroughly. So I think Matenrou will keep on trucking.

Hideki (Mahatma, Alhambra, ex-Light Bringer) would be a good replacement. Very few good power metal drummers that's into VK. I think his proggy-ness will add a lot to their sound.

Edited by Dillinger

Hideki is a great drummer, but I would be pretty shocked if he ended up drumming for Matenrou Opera. I don't think he has any real connection with the scene. Like someone said earlier, my guess would be Fumiya. He drums for everyone and everything and pretty much doesn't give damn.