Sign in to follow this  
Jiyo

BUK BUK will disband

BUK BUK will disband after their last oneman live at Ikebukuro Black Hole on 2018.04.04.
A last free distributed song will be distributed this day.

That is really sad! They were on of the best newcomers in years, their fanbase was "bigger" than most bands i've seen, there were members from famous bands/managers at their sponsored events checking them out, they got somewhat 10-15 amazing songs... Most of the songs even had recorded background music/professional sounding effects. Really thought they will announce some new single or something...

I guess they were too young, all around 16-17, and start a something new? I felt their singer was more into softer songs judging from his behavior and session bands and their guitarist into heavy stuff, so maybe musical differences? Really confused!

15 minutes ago, filth_y said:

10-15 amazing songs

They certainly didn't release that many songs though lol

52 minutes ago, Mamo said:

They certainly didn't release that many songs though lol

Just because you dont know their songs/cant find them on the internet doesnt mean they dont have them recorded or even released.

1 minute ago, filth_y said:

Just because you dont know their songs/cant find them on the internet doesnt mean they dont have them recorded or even released.

They only released 2 live limited singles right? Not even close to 10 or 15 songs.

2 minutes ago, Mamo said:

They only released 2 live limited singles right? Not even close to 10 or 15 songs.

No, they released more. You can find 3 CDs on their homepage, but they released more.

But you understood me wrong i think. They have around 10 to 15 songs they play at their lives (usually 4 to 6 songs at one live). Some of those are released, some of them arent. But this is the case for like most bands i think. However, the background guitars, intros, effects etc. playing as "playback" seemed so finished, that i thought they recorded those songs already (thats why i thought they would release a single or mini album this year). But seems these songs will never see the light of day (except if you have live recordings that you can listen to). Thats why some people love live recordings ("terekos") from small bands that have only 1 live distr. but dozens of songs they only played live and didnt have the money to record.

Maybe this underlines some thoughts: Take the band LIM for example. When i saw them live i only knew their 1 live distr. and thought they are no big deal but the event live was packed with fans for them and they played 4-5 songs (of which 3 will be released on their upcoming CD). On the same live MEIDARA played, that have some CDs released and seemed to have fans here, but had 0 fans at the event i saw them (most people even left only for their set). Just because a band isnt famous on here doesnt mean they arent "famous" in the vk scene and vice versa ;) I felt BUK BUK was an example of a band not so known here but that couldve had an impact on the vk scene as the new DAMY or DEZERT as some here called them (even tho most/all of their songs are without screams and more melodic). But when i saw their vocalist without makeup and realized how young he was i feared such disbanding would happen when they finish school or so.

16 minutes ago, platy said:

I hope we get another band called BUk BUk

or BUCK BUCK, which pays homage to BUCK TICK maybe?

Sign in to follow this