kenecchi

Hello + Plug for VK show

Hi all, I wasn't aware that there is such an elaborate forum for J-rock/VK stuff!  Glad to be here!

I'm Ken; I live in rural Ibaraki, Japan.  I've been a fan of visual rock since I was in high school (early 00s!)

These days I work all the time but I occasionally find time to go to shows or play as a support bassist for local bands.

Recently I'm working on a YouTube show about late 90s/early 00s VK.  In addition to doing reviews,
I would like to analyze various tropes and aspects of the genre .  It's still a little rough but I'd  appreciate any kind of
feedback or support.   Thanks!
episode 1
episode 2

"An elaborate forum for Jrock/VK stuff" you've come to the right place!

Welcome to MH! It's so cool to have older fans like you find this forum! There's plenty of other vk fans who have been into it as long as you have, and they sure do go deep when it comes to vk discussions! Highly suggest you check those out in the General section xD anyway, I'll be glad to check out your show. ^^ Hope you enjoy your time here, and if there's any questions, just run to anyone with a red/blue/green name! :new:

Hi Ken! Were you one of the members who frequented Go from JRockNYC's blog? If so, I'm a huge fan.

Welcome to the forum!

We need more old-school VK fans on this forum!

Make yourself at home, and like @suji said, don't hesitate to ask us any questions.

Looking forward to any future contributions to VK history of yore from another OG haha.

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you all so much!  Hopefully I get a chance to take some time to do some reading and get involved over the next few weeks.  I'll also start writing the next episode of my show pretty soon, once other work slows down.

On 1/29/2018 at 10:54 PM, helcchi said:

Hi Ken! Were you one of the members who frequented Go from JRockNYC's blog? If so, I'm a huge fan.

Welcome to the forum!

That's me, I read Go's blog for years.  I also wrote/played the music for the parody VK band we had going on in the chat, Ma'rie+Chrys:Mas.